Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer (4854 Views)

5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2017
You consider yourself a writer and not a blogger; so there goes the question, “why should I start a blog?” Personally I wouldn’t pressurize you into starting a blog as a writer; I will only show you 5 reasons you need a blog as a writer, and then you make a choice. Gone are the eras of the Shakespeare’s, when authors were judged with talents. Now you are judge by your reach and popularity. 70% of readers now dwell online, and how can you reach them? I believe it can be possible only through an online medium I call a BLOG. In this article, I will be listing the 5 reasons you need a blog as a writer.

Wider Audience:

No matter how superb your book promotion is, once it isn’t promoted digitally, there is a high probability that the promotion won’t be a blast. I am not an antagonist, but I have noticed the difference between authors who have a strong online base and those who don’t have. Creating a blog as a writer helps you spread your tentacles and also expand your reach. Just imagine promoting your own book on your own blog. I leave you with your imaginations.

Credibility:

The moment your readers have seen how credible you can be as a writer, they will be willing to go an extra mile for their favorite writer. But how can you establish credibility with someone you have never met before? The answer is simple, just start a blog and write quality on it.

Constant Improvement:

When I say improvement, I mean improving your abilities as a writer. The more you write and express yourself, the more you tend to improve your writing abilities like I explained in BECOMING A BETTER WRITER. I have seen novices who became experts because they researched and studied deep in a bid to please their readers. The moment you have a target, you are compelled personally to achieve it and also improve on it.

You Become an Expert:

Let’s assume a client needs a writer and he is faced with the choice of hiring a client amongst 2 writers. Having an online portfolio gives you an automatic advantage over others. At a point in time, you don’t need to sell yourself again because your blog will speak for you. I remember starting up a story on my blog and the next day, I got a request to sell the story to an interested client for a movie play. Selling a story for about $100 isn’t something that is quite easy to come around. He knows my worth and the quality of stories I produce. That was why he had the boldness to buy it off. What about you?

Financial Gains:

I reserved this for the last. Every blog brings money as long as you do the right thing the right way. My blog is just a month old, but I have earned some decent amount of cash like I explained in point 4. In other to earn from a blog, you will need a decent amount of traffic, which can be gotten via two ways. This isn’t my specialty, but I will help.

1) Good content: Ability to produce captivating articles and keep readers engaged.

2) Blog Marketing: This is your ability to get you blog out there to the face of those that need it. There are several ways that it can happen; Through SEO, Backlinks, and buying of guaranteed traffic for a little amount from a site like growtraffic.com. Do these and watch yourself become an expert in your own field.

Your ability to explore your abilities and potentials as a writer depends on your online profile. I have shown you the 5 reason why you need a blog as a writer, what is your say?

Source: http://topwritersden.com/5-reasons-you-need-a-blog-as-a-writer/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by TemmyWon(f): 9:32am On Jan 14, 2017
I'm starting to love this blogging thingy. can I be a blogger? what will it cost
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
TemmyWon:
I'm starting to love this blogging thingy. can I be a blogger? what will it cost

I don't think it costs much, just that it requires you to have a good idea of what you want to blog about and ability to put in a minimal amount of time, finance and effort.

Finance require == Buying a domain name like (www.nairaland.com), Hosting it with sites like (Whogohost, namecheap, etc) and your month data subscription.

As for if you can be a blogger, I will say yes!! Anyone especially writers deserve to be bloggers.

cc lalasticlala.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Dillusionist(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nice one Op smiley

You be boss
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Dpredictor(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
smiley.. nice one Op

Thanks for the info
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by rachealfst(f): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thanks for sharing sir, God bless you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:39am On Jan 15, 2017
rachealfst:
Thanks for sharing sir, God bless you.

WRONG NUMBER shocked

Thank you too wink
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:51am On Jan 15, 2017
h
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by donbrowser(m): 6:53am On Jan 15, 2017
Good points there

I have verified naija and USA Adsense for sale.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by wizkidblogger(f): 7:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Nice share.

IF you want to learn how to create your blog for free, download the free blogger ebook here.

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by bamisepeters(m): 7:16am On Jan 15, 2017
TemmyWon:
not much than idea, time and maybe money as you can start gradually free through . But you must really be ready and determined.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 15, 2017
True.
check my signature if that could help
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 15, 2017
Nice one! Well put! Brilliant
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by leksmedia: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2017
Yes one advantage of blogging is it introduces you to a wide variety of audience both local and international.
It also improves your writing skills,
it makes your versatile in a wide variety of fields
It also improves on your research skills
It helps you build a loyal fan base
It also provides a steady source of cash flow of properly done

I Design standard websites and blogs you can check out my website for more www.leksmediaconcept.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by musicwriter(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
You consider yourself a writer and not a blogger; so there goes the question, “why should I start a blog?” Personally I wouldn’t pressurize you into starting a blog as a writer; I will only show you 5 reasons you need a blog as a writer, and then you make a choice. Gone are the eras of the Shakespeare’s, when authors were judged with talents. Now you are judge by your reach and popularity. 70% of readers now dwell online, and how can you reach them? I believe it can be possible only through an online medium I call a BLOG. In this article, I will be listing the 5 reasons you need a blog as a writer.

Wider Audience:

No matter how superb your book promotion is, once it isn’t promoted digitally, there is a high probability that the promotion won’t be a blast. I am not an antagonist, but I have noticed the difference between authors who have a strong online base and those who don’t have. Creating a blog as a writer helps you spread your tentacles and also expand your reach. Just imagine promoting your own book on your own blog. I leave you with your imaginations.

Credibility:

The moment your readers have seen how credible you can be as a writer, they will be willing to go an extra mile for their favorite writer. But how can you establish credibility with someone you have never met before? The answer is simple, just start a blog and write quality on it.

Constant Improvement:

When I say improvement, I mean improving your abilities as a writer. The more you write and express yourself, the more you tend to improve your writing abilities like I explained in BECOMING A BETTER WRITER. I have seen novices who became experts because they researched and studied deep in a bid to please their readers. The moment you have a target, you are compelled personally to achieve it and also improve on it.

You Become an Expert:

Let’s assume a client needs a writer and he is faced with the choice of hiring a client amongst 2 writers. Having an online portfolio gives you an automatic advantage over others. At a point in time, you don’t need to sell yourself again because your blog will speak for you. I remember starting up a story on my blog and the next day, I got a request to sell the story to an interested client for a movie play. Selling a story for about $100 isn’t something that is quite easy to come around. He knows my worth and the quality of stories I produce. That was why he had the boldness to buy it off. What about you?

Financial Gains:

I reserved this for the last. Every blog brings money as long as you do the right thing the right way. My blog is just a month old, but I have earned some decent amount of cash like I explained in point 4. In other to earn from a blog, you will need a decent amount of traffic, which can be gotten via two ways. This isn’t my specialty, but I will help.

1) Good content: Ability to produce captivating articles and keep readers engaged.

2) Blog Marketing: This is your ability to get you blog out there to the face of those that need it. There are several ways that it can happen; Through SEO, Backlinks, and buying of guaranteed traffic for a little amount from a site like growtraffic.com. Do these and watch yourself become an expert in your own field.

Your ability to explore your abilities and potentials as a writer depends on your online profile. I have shown you the 5 reason why you need a blog as a writer, what is your say?

Source: http://topwritersden.com/5-reasons-you-need-a-blog-as-a-writer/

Blogging is something I can really do well, if it was a source of income for me. But, since I' am not interested in revenue generation, it becomes hard to find other motivation to take blogging serious.

Don't get me wrong!! The motivation is there, but it's not enough to trigger serious interest in blogging, just occasional posts, because as I said I don't see it as something I can make money from. I guess this's a peculiar situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2017
musicwriter:

Blogging is something I can really do well, if it was a source of income for me. But, since I' am not interested in revenue generation, it becomes hard to find other motivation to take blogging serious.

Don't get me wrong!! The motivation is there, but it's not enough to trigger serious interest in blogging, just occasional posts, because as I said I don't see it as something I can make money from. I guess this's a peculiar situation.

yea... very peculiar.

You have a blog?

Maybe we could find a motivation for you... what you say? wink
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Neduzze5(m): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
@BiafraBushboy, I read you article from beginning to end and all I could notice repeatedly was "writer... writer... writer". No pprofessional article writer writes like that.

In my four years experience of writing for various clients, I've learnt one valuable lesson: Never use words repeatedly. It makes your article seem superficial instead of indepth. Instead, look for synonyms that you can use to replace the word.

For example, you can replace writer with "content creator", "freelancer", "wordsmith", "penman", litterateur, scribbler etc.

Except it's required by your client, do not use words more than 5 times in an article. I don't mean words, like is, as ,you, I, and the other pronouns. I mean bigger words that you cn easily get their synonyms.

Gracias,
Curt Writer

Curt Writer is a professional content creator, with four years experience in writing for the online community (blogs, websites, social media, etc), and on Upwork, Freelancer and Nairaland as well. Hit me up on my mail, curtwriter@gmail.com if you need your articles written expertly. Here's a link to my blog - 2perfectfamily..com.ng
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
Neduzze5:
@BiafraBushboy, I read you article from beginning to end and all I could notice repeatedly was "writer... writer... writer". No pprofessional article writer writes like that.

In my four years experience of writing for various clients, I've learnt one valuable lesson: Never use words repeatedly. It makes your article seem superficial instead of indepth. Instead, look for synonyms that you can use to replace the word.

For example, you can replace writer with "content creator", "freelancer", "wordsmith", "penman", litterateur, scribbler etc.

Except it's required by your client, do not use words more than 5 times in an article. I don't mean words, like is, as ,you, I, and the other pronouns. I mean bigger words that you cn easily get their synonyms.

Gracias,
Curt Writer

Curt Writer is a professional content creator, with four years experience in writing for the online community (blogs, websites, social media, etc), and on Upwork, Freelancer and Nairaland as well. Hit me up on my mail, curtwriter@gmail.com if you need your articles written expertly. Here's a link to my blog - 2perfectfamily..com.ng

I appreciate..

But when writing with seo in mind, lots have to come to play.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by dastudent(m): 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Neduzze5:

Gracias,
Curt Writer

Bros but that's SEO 101. I am surprised you don't know this. His target keyword is writer and the more he uses the word in the article, the better his rankings in search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
dastudent:

Bros but that's SEO 101. I am surprised you don't know this. His target keyword is writer and the more he uses the word in the article, the better his rankings in search.

lol... Thanks bro.. was surprised he didn't know about that as a professional freelancer.

I made sure I didn't overuse it tho as some other guys do.

Thanks man... You have a thing for writing?
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Neduzze5(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
dastudent:

The problem is that the more you use it, the more Google runs away from your site. One rule in writing and Seo is "Do not use a keyword repeatedly in an article". Like I said earlier, at least 5 times is enough.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Neduzze5(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lol... Thanks bro.. was surprised he didn't know about that as a professional freelancer.

I made sure I didn't overuse it tho as some other guys do.

Thanks man... You have a thing for writing?

I checked your article bro, counted the times the word "writer" appeared. You used it at least 14 times.

Checking the word count of your article, I can see it's not up to 650 words. I mean the word "writer" appearing 14 times in a 650-word article? That's much mehn!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Neduzze5:

I checked your article bro, counted the times the word "writer" appeared. You used it at least 14 times.

Checking the word count of your article, I can see it's not up to 650 words. I mean the word "writer" appearing 14 times in a 650-word article? That's much mehn!!

I see other professional writers use theirs more than mine. No probs bro. I have taken corrections.

Thanks once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Neduzze5(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I see other professional writers use theirs more than mine. No probs bro. I have taken corrections.

Thanks once again

It's okay, though. I went through your site. It's quite nice, beautiful. Love what you are doing. I could guest write for you once in a while if you wish.

Shoot me a mail sometime if you are interested.

CC: Lalasticlala, Dominique darling
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
Neduzze5:

It's okay, though. I went through your site. It's quite nice, beautiful. Love what you are doing. I could guest write for you once in a while if you wish.

Shoot me a mail sometime if you are interested.

CC: Lalasticlala, Dominique darling

I really appreciate your corrections and Kind words.

I will send you a mail this evening. Thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
TemmyWon:
U had better loved it started now. Blogging is power. It gives you a large follow. Linda ikeji's social is not yet up to 4 months nd it already receives millions of page views weekly because linda leveraged on her already established blog followers. With a large follower base, u can launch any biz nd experience downright overnight success - That's the latent power in a blog.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Who can help me create my Blog here?
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
TEMINIKANSOSO:
Who can help me create my Blog here?

I will wink

Contact me.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I will wink

Contact me.

drop ur contact then.
Re: 5 Reasons You Need A Blog As A Writer by Elkay3: 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Just going through these conversations, I've learnt a lot in such a short time. Kudos to everyone here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do U Think Of Writer Chimamanda Adichie / It Changed Me Forever / Evil Seduction (episode 2) - A Picture Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.