Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria (13332 Views)

Make Money As A Story Writer In 2018 / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer / 5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 6:04am On Jul 26, 2017
Earning a considerable amount of money as a writer in Nigeria is something that gives most writers serious trouble. Most writers feel they have the talent but are not really reaping the reward of their talent. In this simple article, I will be listing out possible ways by which you as a writer or a potential writer can utilize your skill, thereby generating cash for yourself. In today’s world filled with many opportunities, earning as a writer in Nigeria shouldn’t be much of a stress for you. Below are the possible ways to earn as a writer in Nigeria.

Become a Blogger

Like you already know, blogging isn’t so easy and sweet like people project but nevertheless, this is the best option to take, when you think you have lots of ideas running through your head. Writing genuine articles with solid/helpful contents can be your pathway to earning a residual income for a start and later you can blog on your way to the top. Starting a blog just requires you own a domain name with companies like godaddy.com, 1&1, etc. After which you can host the domain name with any of the hosting companies, but my favorite remains Namecheap because of the cheap and quality service they render. Then you can go ahead and design the blog to your taste. Like I have mentioned previously in articles I have written, it is important you discover a niche you can write very well on before you go ahead to start posting articles. I can’t imagine an Engineer by profession writing or owning a health blog, it doesn’t just add up too well. Once you start blogging, it becomes a passion that paves a way for you to make a few bucks.

Become a Freelancer

Becoming a freelancer in Nigeria doesn’t just mean signing up to some freelancer sites and bidding for every available writing job there. It is about being creative to know that there are lots of people out there looking for whom to help them complete a given writing task. I know a guy who makes about 10,000 Naira every week, advertising his services on his page on Facebook. Most people are lazy to write their term paper, project topic, etc and you that have the ability as a writer and knowledgeable on that topic should do the job for them and earn your money. Aside from that like you may have known, there are other great freelancing sites that give Nigerians the opportunity to earn. An example of such sites includes Fiverr, Upwork, freelancer, etc. All it takes is just for you to set up your profile as a professional writer and pitch your abilities to those who look to hire writers. The competition out there is pretty much, so I must warn you to be careful about getting depressed along the line. In few articles to come, I will be telling you some secrets nobody ever told you about generating lots of cash from sites like Upwork and Fiverr as a writer.

Guest post for blogs and websites:

Guest posting for blogs and websites is becoming one of the fastest ways to earn some cash as a writer in Nigeria right now. There are hundreds of websites and blogs that will pay you about 50$ to 100$ just for your write-up to be featured on their site. Payment can be accessed either through PayPal or a direct cheque. I have compiled about 101 websites that can pay you to write for them, so do well to download it and start earning right way. Click here to download for FREE the websites that pay writers

Write an E-Book

Writing an E-book could be your pathway to earning as a writer. It just allows you compile information, format it to an E-book format and sell. Writing and compiling an E-book might be quite stressful, but if done right could be the missing piece of the puzzle. I know lots of writers who have earned six digit figures by compiling information and selling it off as an E-book. In fact, writing an E-book is one of the best methods to earn as a writer in Nigeria in this 21st century; people need to get information, and putting that information in a book and selling is nothing but the surest way to earn. I will be putting up an article next, to show you how can create your first E-book within just a few minutes.

Train upcoming writers

A lot of people out there would jump at the chance to become a writer if given the chance and the right training. People love expressing themselves with write-ups but they just can’t seem to know how to write. Writing is an art (like I always say), and it needs to be learned. You can have the talent or so they say, but you need a mentor and someone that is experienced to put you through in every aspect of it. That is why you need to fill up this gap as an experienced writer by putting up a training service to young and aspiring writers and making cool money from it. You can register as a tutor in a site like teachme.ng and earn cool money training students and aspiring writers on the art of writing.

In summary, creating wealth as a writer is possible only if you are willing to take action. Every book you see today was written by a writer and there is really a shortage of quality writers out there. Even if you don’t own a blog, blog owners can pay you a lump sum of money just for you to keep their blogs updated with quality write-ups. So do yourself a favor by going through the steps once more and pick exactly the method that befits you and works towards it. If you still need further guidance, do well to reach with through the comment form.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 6:06am On Jul 26, 2017
Source: http://topwritersden.com/how-to-earn-as-a-writer-in-nigeria/

lalasticlala... it is time to help our writers to monetize their skill

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Bashmantech: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2017
If you looking for an extra source of income, and you are interested in writing, i.e you know how to write articles, and blog posts, and can deliver as at when due, feel free to contact me at freelancewriter0001(at)gmail.com. Send two or three sample. If you are on fiver, you can drop your account, I will msg you. Thank you.

Note:
(at) === @
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by djemillionia: 6:56am On Jul 27, 2017
Nice tips
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by etcme(m): 6:56am On Jul 27, 2017
Most times it seems writing is an "inbuilt" stuff. But you will be surprised when you start developing interest in writing and how the inspiration will start flowing. It's a matter of dedication.

Sometimes, it isn't easy to write, but when you start, it is worth the time.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 27, 2017
If you want to start any business, www.entmirror.com is the right place to begin

Visit www.entmirror.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by idyicy45: 6:59am On Jul 27, 2017
not interested.I need oyel money
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork, iwritter, Godaddy, isport, Freelancer & ALL PayPal withdrawals. Rate: N330/$

Only withdrawing $100 and above

All transactions are done within minutes

My contact in signature
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by swiz123(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2017
Biafrabushboy.. Are you willing to train aspiring writers
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Marveleuphoria: 7:00am On Jul 27, 2017
another one

Nice one sha. I really want to become a writer. I blive I av what it takes. I just need the write push
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by rottenPussy: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2017
Well I have a reasonable income so I ain't gonna consider some shlt called writing undecided

I'm out
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by spaggyy(m): 7:03am On Jul 27, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2017
Iwriter remains one of the best sites for freelancers starting out in the writing industry.

Unlike the likes of Upwork, Freelancer and Fiverr that needs you to keep on applying for jobs, Iwriter lets you delve straight in and begin writing.

However, it's always challenging getting jobs on Iwriter as a Standard writer and during the day time.

So you may need to sacrifice your sleep and make sure you get that dough.

Tests are simple and just once on Iwriter unlike Upwork.

Your rates increase the higher up the rungs of the ladder you climb and you could soon be making up to $10 per 300 words.
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by spaggyy(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2017
Marveleuphoria:
another one

Nice one sha. I really want to become a writer. I blive I av what it takes. I just need the write push

And you really want to be a writer?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Galacious1: 7:05am On Jul 27, 2017
Nice one, coming from a bush boy.
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by preshdiva(f): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2017
Bashmantech:
If you looking for an extra source of income, and you are interested in writing, i.e you know how to write articles, and blog posts, and can deliver as at when due, feel free to contact me at freelancewriter0001(at)gmail.com. Send two or three sample. If you are on fiver, you can drop your account, I will msg you. Thank you.

Note:
(at) === @
Just sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Isoko1stSon(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2017
No comments
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 7:06am On Jul 27, 2017
3 straight days dem neva take our light here....

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 7:07am On Jul 27, 2017
Nah Naija we dey ooo.Good morning Nairalanders.
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 7:08am On Jul 27, 2017
spaggyy:

And you really want to be a writer?
He said wish and not want. It's like there's a difference. *Winks*

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Threebear(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2017
Easiest way, change your name to chima Amanda adichie.
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2017
idyicy45:
not interested.I need oyel money

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2017
Wizberg12:
Nigerians no too dey read any more.
The world is moving from written words to Artificial Intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIH6CGB_8U
Thanks for starting my day with laughter.
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2017
I can tell you most of the commenters here didn't read what you posted.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by Harbeyg09(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the enlightenment op
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by spaggyy(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2017
ybalogs:
He said wish and not want. It's like there's a difference. *Winks*

he said "want"
Re: 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria by idyicy45: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
It just got easy in Naija since you can now make money from just clicking, check out instantnaira.com. I am making money from there now no jokes or stupid childs play. i am not compelling anybody to sign up please, however if you are considering signing up quote me as your referral lewisbassflute@yahoo.com
is that how to place a site address? mtchewwww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Legend Of Moremi / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Bound By Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.