Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,113 members, 7,849,474 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

HOW PROFITABLE IS AN IT TRAINING+CYBERCAFE CENTRE? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HOW PROFITABLE IS AN IT TRAINING+CYBERCAFE CENTRE? (771 Views)

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? / Cybercafe Mega Business Opportunity @ Your Doorsteps / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOW PROFITABLE IS AN IT TRAINING+CYBERCAFE CENTRE? by ochukoccna: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
Hi y'all. I want you truthful insights into the above topic question. I mange a cybercafe in Ikorodu [off Lagos Road to be precise]. The cafe is roughly 2 months old while the training arm of the center is planned for opening in the new year. Am still the only staff on ground for now so as to stabilize the place before recruiting more hands. However sales for now is nothing to cheer about due to poor traffic as most of the money that comes in runs the generator which gulps about 2Gs to fuel and run daily on a full tank. We had problems with our ISP but it's been changed and even by the feedback of the clients, it's fast [unlike what you'd normally encounter in a usual Lagos cafe]. All the systems are on UPS, lots of corporate clients i.e. banks as neighbors, the interior layout is cosy enough- tiled floors and texcote paint on the walls but no AC yet, the price is what obtains in Lagos i.e. 150/hr. Even though a biz is like a seed you plant and may take time to give a healthy ROI, I believe a cafe doesn't really need a long gestation period for the ROI to become healthy as long as the speed is decent and environment comfortable. There are 2 other cafes in the hood. One is about 900m away with the other 700m from my location. I've been doing some research on the viability of cafes and while it might not give the killer 'profits' of 5/10 years ago, I believe it's still viable even with the preponderance of EVDO & 3G Internet devices. Reason I say this is economic empowerment of people resident in one's location/bizness and also the economic realities in 9ja of today. I've thought about marketing ,doing promos or crashing the price but the key thing to any or all the three is driving the human traffic into the place. So , I ask, any Insights on how to drive traffic in? let me have 'em. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What-everybody-ought-to-know-about Cintenet Businesses / Business Partners Wanted / I Need $16,000 Usd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.