Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? (16631 Views)

Invest And Earn More Profit In The Poultry Business / Cybercafe Mega Business Opportunity @ Your Doorsteps / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2012
...both on a medium scale.

I think Barbers earn more.

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Caracta(f): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2012
It depends on the location...but i agree with you to an extent.
A cafe owner can multi-task...
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2012
Caracta: It depends on the location...but i agree with you to an extent.
A cafe owner can multi-task...

You're right, caracta. Location is a criteria to judge..
some places, you can get a hair-cut for #200 while some other places like Abuja, u've got to hold 1k to sit on the chair..

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Ryabcool(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2012
Please how much dyu think do I need to start up in Lagos. Feel like having a side business that could be generating change for me at the moment. Will employ someone to do the barbing. So how much dyu think can start me up comfortably?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2012
I got this for you, sir

Startup summary
2 Rotating Chairs (although ordinary chairs may do for a start): N10,000
1 Long waiting chair: N10,000
Tables: N6,000
Mirrors: N12,000
3 original Clippers: N9,000
4 Cover Clothes: N2,000
Barbing ‘Cosmetics’ (Spirit, powder, aftershave etc): N3,000
Generator: N20,000
Sterilizer: N15,000
Others: N30,000

Total: N117,000

N.B you many also need a.c and other cooling facilities.
Meanwhile you can check this blog for more on strategy, opportunity & challenges. (The blog isn't mine)

lagosbusinesses..com/2011/10/how-to-setup-profitable-barbing.html?m=1

7 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2012
You may decide to get a fairly used 21" plasma + a decorder/DVD to entertain your customers.. It is not compulsory but it attracts some people, and you can even increase your CHARGE cos of that. A T.V can also invite more customers + extra money if you have a PlayStation..

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by mumumugu(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
I can remember wen last i went to cybercafe. I use my phone to browze or moderm with d laptop. I only visit cybercafe wen i wan print,and scan only.
:-
i go to saloon every 2 weeks for barbing and carving.

To me, cybercafe dont yield, saloon does

3 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Ryabcool(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
acidosis™:
I got this for you, sir

Startup summary

Meanwhile you can check this blog for more on strategy, opportunity & challenges. (The blog isn't mine)

Wow! Thank you very much for this piece of info. This puts things into perspective.

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Okontami: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
Cant see rent in your post, No salaries of staff, No proposed cash flow. No proposed return on investment,No business strategy to meet the proposed cash flow. Please dont take business decision on impulse. Let all these be available. Then we can criticize other factors too.

4 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Okontami: Cant see rent in your post, No salaries of staff, No proposed cash flow. No proposed return on investment,No business strategy to meet the proposed cash flow. Please dont take business decision on impulse. Let all these be available. Then we can criticize other factors too.
Well said sir but that is not the aim of the thread. However I will try and work out a ROI if that amount is invested. Business tragedy is clearly illustrated in the link.
my bad! I forgot rent

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Ryabcool(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
I guess I was a bit hasty in my decisions
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
i would give it a 50-50
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by mich2012: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
acidosis™:
I got this for you, sir

Startup summary

Check that pls
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
You mean the link?
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
~vicky~:
i would give it a 50-50

noted, dear
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Ryabcool(m): 2:18am On Oct 18, 2012
I still await the remaining data Acidosis promised to help us source. Or has he forgotten?
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 18, 2012
Ryabcool: I still await the remaining data Acidosis promised to help us source. Or has he forgotten?
I've been so busy.. I'll do something asap
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2012
It all depends on the quality of service. Internet penetration and adoption is still low in Nigeria therefore the caliber of customers you get. A barbers shop on the other hand is visited by all and sundry.

3 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2012
It all depends on the quality of service. Internet penetration and adoption is still low in Nigeria therefore the caliber of customers you get. A barbers shop on the other hand is visited by all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by emilyone(f): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
is this business only for the male folks
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
emilyone: is this business only for the male folks

Hmm.. I think so..
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by emilyone(f): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
acidosis™:

Hmm.. I think so..
what makes you think so?
are you saying if i have the capital i cant set up a barbing salon bizniz and get somebody to manage it for me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
emilyone:
what makes you think so?
are you saying if i have the capital i cant set up a barbing salon bizniz and get somebody to manage it for me?
you can always get someone to manage your biz for you... but a business that deals with men needs the attention of a man.. are you up to the task?

1 Like

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
mumumugu: I can remember wen last i went to cybercafe. I use my phone to browze or moderm with d laptop. I only visit cybercafe wen i wan print,and scan only.
:-
i go to saloon every 2 weeks for barbing and carving.

To me, cybercafe dont yield, saloon does

When you can buy an HP Deskjet-2050 for N15,000 that prints, scans and photocopies all in one package.

2 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by CastleandGreen: 11:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
Please don't go near cyber cafe business OOOO
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Both yields cool cash, depends on ur branding.
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by adultebony(m): 12:31am On Oct 24, 2012
I've run a Cafe before and there was a barbing saloon right beside me. I'll tell you what, barbing saloon is far more lucrative and less stressful. The initial capital required to setup a cafe and the running cost is pretty high whereas for a barbing saloon it's not so. While I charge N150 per hour, the barber charges N300 per head (which takes about 30 min to barb). Most of the time, he's got more people in his shop than mine, especially weekends! He doesn't pay monthly fee on ISP, service about 10 systems at interval, dealwith viruses, buy consumables like paper, toner, etc. Forget man, cafe business no be yam o! Eventually I had to setup a wifi zone within the area and it made more sense.

4 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by llade(m): 5:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Interesting
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by joey4jo: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2012
Its obvious now!
The barbing saloon is better, but the only problem is the fact that you say your going to get someone to manage it for you! When ever someone wants to start a business, its best to manage it them selves, then later on they can transfer to a TRUSTED associate. I wouldn't advice anybody to start a business, knowing there not going to manage it them self.

4 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by 234GT(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Chai! Barbers make a lot of money. They have lower operating cost than cafes. Also, the availability of BBs and other internet enabled phones is making people pay less visits to cafes.

2 Likes

Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by 234GT(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2012
Abuja people dey try sha. 1k for haircut. Na to dey carry afro na;>.
Re: Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=234GT][/quote]

Very funny. Where there are salons that charges above 1k even in Ilorin. It all depends on your choice of hair-cut, your pocket and your taste of salon, anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Businesses You Can Start As An Unemployed Graduate! / CBN To Reserve Bank Management & Board Seats For Women / Skye Bank Takes Over Mainstreet Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.