Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos (33395 Views)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / Ongoing Work At Enugu International Airport (Photos) / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Vacora(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2017
They should have been out of business a long time ago. People appear not to have learnt any lessons from all the bad publicity and horror stories.

2 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by idupaul: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Despite all the bad publicity Arik is still in Business, that on its own is a miracle

3 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
I don't know how true this is. You can't just leave a bunch of suitcases at an airport without security getting concerned, with all the bomb scare No

And that doesn't even look like JFK

4 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by gbegemaster(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
PDJT:
Why do people still use this Arik airline, with their extremely poor customer service..

They are not even registered in any of their destinations, and so can't face legal proceedings in those countries.
They only pay landing charge etc.

Nigerians are just mofos!
It's cheap!
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by gbegemaster(m): 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
rusher14:
Used them once Lagos to London.. Never again. lipsrsealed
Lol. Did the air conditioning system function at all?
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by olajide2428(m): 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
Poor Management team, will they claim dey dont see all dis negative news allover abt them every time.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
PDJT:
Why do people still use this Arik airline, with their extremely poor customer service..

They are not even registered in any of their destinations, and so can't face legal proceedings in those countries.
They only pay landing charge etc.

Nigerians are just mofos!
I wld be grateful for an enlightenment on all the above, pls
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by yedidiah(m): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
who do this to Arik Na. When they came we all shouted like DBanj: Finally!!! Right now, it is the same old story.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Virus777: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
The name Arik is now synonymous with gross incompetence and ineptitude as well as every other thing bad.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by gbegemaster(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:
Despite all the bad publicity Arik is still in Business, that on its own is a miracle
is there any other Nigerian airline flying to New York?

1 Like

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by idupaul: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
gbegemaster:
is there any other Nigerian airline flying to New York?

Non
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Godson505: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Help welcome nokia to the Android world with their first android device.

Nokia First Android Device: Nokia 6 and it’s full specs
http://www.techeda.com/nokia-first-android-device-nokia-6-and-its-full-specs/
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by codedtins: 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
omo if na naija.
i trust our airport cartels
our sharp pick pockets
thieves in police uniform and the rest.
ahan
say dem hear say men ppl forgeh dia lugg kini
fpr airport.
omo na looting
fastest fingers first

1 Like

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
codedtins:
omo if na naija.
i trust our airport cartels
our sharp pick pockets
thieves in police uniform and the rest.
ahan
say dem hear say men ppl forgeh dia lugg kini
fpr airport.
omo na looting
fastest fingers first

New York is the same. This story is fishy

PETTY THIEVES UNKNOWINGLY DEFUSED SECOND NEW YORK BOMB AS THEY STEAL SUITCASE

SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Essel Pratt
The detonation of an explosive in last night’s attack on New York was foiled by a couple of thieves. This is the second time that New York petty criminals have foiled bomb attacks in just the previous week.

A pair of petty thieves noticed a suitcase on the sidewalk Sunday night. The duo did not see an obvious owner and attempted to open the suitcase and see what was inside, according to DNA Info. After a bit of work, the thieves opened the suitcase and found the makeshift bomb inside. During the process of opening the suitcase, the thieves inadvertently disabled the bomb; a pressure cooker with a cellular phone attached. Rather than leave it all behind and move onward to safety, the thieves placed the explosive device into a trash bag and discarded it. They then took the suitcase with them.

New Yorkers can even steal a live bomb. There's no way those suitcases sat there for any length of time unmolested
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by codedtins: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
kalindaminda:

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by bigerboy200: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ijaya123:
Why do people still fly Arik with all the complaints of terrible services the offer?
cos it's way cheaper..
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
I know Arik sucks, but people have been passing around false stories about them lately

My mother sent me this on WhatsApp last month
A pilot who just resigned/ withdrew his services from ARIK has advised that if you have to fly, that you stay off ARIK for sometime that they've not been maintaining the planes and DO NOT HAVE SPARE PARTS TO CHANGE bad ones at any point right now.
Please take this information seriously for your own good for now. May God continue to protect us all. Pls kindly pass on this msg to friends and family you know are frequent flyers.

Not even a day passed before a rebuttal message was being passed around that the previous message was written by a competing airline.

However I do think Nigerians should stop patronizing Arik

2 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by symbianDON(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Misplacing of luggages is a normal thing for Nigerian airlines.
same way ethiopian airline put my luggage aboard a kenyan airline plane and left me stranded for two days!
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
shevchenko:
Hiw will someone who professes to be sane use arik

Na condition make crafish bend naa!
I used Air Maroc once from MM-Lagos to JFK and I vowed never to use that airline anymore but Arik is definitely a No No.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
ARIK AIR IS OFFICIALLY THE WORLD'S UNHUMANE AIRLINE
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
byrron:

Na condition make crafish bend naa!
I used Air Maroc once from MM-Lagos to JFK and I vowed never to use that airline anymore but Arik is definitely a No No.
AIR MAROC?? BIG ERROR
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
First, I won't fly on any local Nigeria airline.

Second, this picture is a lie. No American airport will allow unaccompanied luggage in the airport like that due to security. Definitely not at JFK

Here is not Naija.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Chosen1984:
AIR MAROC?? BIG ERROR

With Air Maroc, u still have the hope of making it to your destination but with Arik, your life is practically in your own hands.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
kalindaminda:

New Yorkers can even steal a live bomb. There's no way those suitcases sat there for any length of time unmolested

#Epic grin

The previous one I heard was that they can still a fetus from a woman.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A U.S-based Nigerian who went to retrieve his mom's baggage, was surprised to see these baggage allegedly abandoned at JFK airport in New York, by Arik airline. The photos were shared online by the displeased twitter user. ...

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/see-baggage-of-nigerians-allegedly.html
Foolish post .
How the he'll is Arik responsible for laughed handling in JFK ? ?
All nags goes to the bar gage reclaim system by baggage handlers . So how the hell would they Arik be in possession of these bags.Bloggers make una fear God Ooh
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
rusher14:

Not really as they must prove airworthiness before being approved for flight into the advanced countries. Just that their total presentation, atmosphere, customer care lives much to be desired.

Not necessarily true.

They just won't be allowed to fly over populated areas.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by thunderbabs: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Now, tell me why Arik staff shouldn't be beaten up.

Arik airline, a narrative of the Nigerian State.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Thisis2raw(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
symbianDON:

same way ethiopian airline put my luggage aboard a kenyan airline plane and left me stranded for two days!
serious?
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by symbianDON(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thisis2raw:
serious?
needless to say, the mix up was done at MMIA
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by LePrezident(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
justscorchone:
My friend was to travel back to new York since 9th but have been stranded at arik airline in Abuja since then til now.

If that your friend had just taken a bus, he would have arrived in NY by now.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by gbegemaster(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:

Non
That's why Nigerians still patronise them. Arik should raise their fares and improve the quality of their services.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Thisis2raw(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
symbianDON:

needless to say, the mix up was done at MMIA
so you finally got the luggage back?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Motor Accident: Six Family Members, 12 Others Dead (Photos) / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance / 1,000 Vehicles Trapped In Kaduna As Youths Barricade Road - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.