Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos (33419 Views)

Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / Ongoing Work At Enugu International Airport (Photos) / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Haslil878(m): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A U.S-based Nigerian who went to retrieve his mom's baggage, was surprised to see these baggage allegedly abandoned at JFK airport in New York, by Arik airline. The photos were shared online by the displeased twitter user. ...

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/see-baggage-of-nigerians-allegedly.html
America here we come.but the bridge look like Ojulegba for my eye. Abi na ma eye dey deceived me. grin grin grin
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Haslil878(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
A U.S-based Nigerian who went to retrieve his mom's baggage, was surprised to see these baggage allegedly abandoned at JFK airport in New York, by Arik airline. The photos were shared online by the displeased twitter user. ...

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/see-baggage-of-nigerians-allegedly.html
America here we come. shocked shocked :obut the bridge look like Ojulegba for my eye. Abi na ma eye dey deceived me.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Gideongreat(m): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
If na naija, I pray say u see d luggage after 3weeks, they for don move am
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by symbianDON(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thisis2raw:
so you finally got the luggage back?
yeah I did...thank God

1 Like

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by TheBawse(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
Cutie09:
I don't know if this is true. Because if luggages are not attended to in Eiropean airport for few days they get destroy. Arik air is a shambles now I am still waiting for my refund

I doubt dis story , cos i knw in the us, @ airports , train stations and even bus stations if baggages are left unattended to, they are immediately destroyed.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by seguno2: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
PDJT:
Why do people still use this Arik airline, with their extremely poor customer service..

They are not even registered in any of their destinations, and so can't face legal proceedings in those countries.
They only pay landing charge etc.

Nigerians are just mofos!

Are you sure of what you said?
Or you are simply making illogical exaggerations?
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Dotman2210(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
Arik always in the news for wrong reasons
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
How can people in their right sense use Arik for international flights? I've only used for destinations where there are no options like Asaba, WarrI, Cotonou. & it's always been regretful

2 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by PDJT: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
seguno2:

Are you sure of what you said?
Or you are simply making illogical exaggerations?

Arik, for purposes of Air Aviation business is registered in Nigeria with MM Airport - P.O BOX 10468 IKEJA, as it's corp. address.

But they do have contact address in their destinations, such as in NY and London (Hammersmith), where the address is for the purpose of Air ticket sales, ONLY!

The implication of the above is; You can't successfully sue them for trade or aviation related cases in those destinations, such as flight delay of over 3 hours, luggage damage, expenses accrue due to their fault etc.
You have to do that in Nigeria (Good luck with that).

For ref. , in 2006 they registered in London as Arik Air International ltd (Business support service activities, not Trade!), ran into 7 Mortgage charges of which 4 is still outstanding,; then in 2008, they changed their name to Arik Air Ltd, with "International" gone rogue.

Their business model is just what it is.
That's the little I could do, I'm not interested in them.

2 Likes

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by seguno2: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
PDJT:
Arik, for purposes of Air Aviation business is registered in Nigeria with MM Airport - P.O BOX 10468 IKEJA, as it's corp. address.

But they do have contact address in their destinations, such as in NY and London (Hammersmith), where the address is for the purpose of Air ticket sales, ONLY!

The implication of the above is; You can't successfully sue them for trade or aviation related cases in those destinations, such as flight delay of over 3 hours, luggage damage, expenses accrue due to their fault etc.
You have to do that in Nigeria (Good luck with that).

For ref. , in 2006 they registered in London as Arik Air International ltd (Business support service activities, not Trade!), ran into 7 Mortgage charges of which 4 is still outstanding,; then in 2008, they changed their name to Arik Air Ltd, with "International" gone rogue.

Their business model is just what it is.
That's the little I could do, I'm not interested in them.

Many thanks for the feedback
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by PDJT: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
DavidEsq:

I wld be grateful for an enlightenment on all the above, pls

Are you looking to make legal representation for affected persons?

See reply above..
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by mikolo80: 1:08am On Jan 15, 2017
cassyrooy:
Very pathetic publicity they've accrued to themselves
doesn't matter when you're a monopoly
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by mikolo80: 1:09am On Jan 15, 2017
Ijaya123:
Why do people still fly Arik with all the complaints of terrible services the offer?
it's the only direct flight and cheaper than delta
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 5:38am On Jan 15, 2017
PDJT:

Are you looking to make legal representation for affected persons?

See reply above..
Wld do d needful and get back to u. Tnx
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by baley(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Life4Varnity:
Only in Nigeria ODD things happens and they will still proof right at the end of the day when you try claim right.

I hate my country Nigeria with passion

I am a Yoruba boy but u won hesistate to follow BIAFRA when the time comes.

Will come back to my country when boko haram is no more existing or when its divided

But if not. I will remain here in Cape Town enjoying my life

Ise yahoo yi ni mo ma ma we

Mo fe sha she
walahi talahi
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by PDJT: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2017
DavidEsq:

Wld do d needful and get back to u. Tnx

Ha! You won't go far writing in substandard English.
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by dee02(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2017
ARIK.... A monumental disgrace to the aviation industry!
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
PDJT:

Ha! You won't go far writing in substandard English.

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by PDJT: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
DavidEsq:

Do you realise that baseball cap is fake too?
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
PDJT:

Do you realise that baseball cap is fake too?

Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by PDJT: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=DavidEsq post=52868918][/quote]

If you have any conformity to sense of right conduct, you won't be using people's images without their express consent, especially that of a minor.
Shame!
Re: Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 6:43am On Jan 17, 2017
PDJT:

If you have any conformity to sense of right conduct, you won't be using people's images without their express consent, especially that of a minor.
Shame!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From Unity Park Enugu / 11 Burnt To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Highway / 11 Functions Of Under Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.