Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? (2304 Views)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2017
Did Mary rise to heaven without dying? Roman Catholics affirm this teaching, but it was not taught as truth by the early church fathers.
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by dingbang(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2017
It was not recorded in the bible about her passing away to the after life. The Roman Catholics believe her body was assumed into heaven (body and soul)

But whichever d case may be, that doesnt matter, what matters is that She is in heaven....
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Cletus77(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2017
The Holy Bible only recorded two people dat ascended into heaven without dying and that is Enoch and Elijah, if she really ascended into heaven without seeing death, it would be recorded
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2017
dingbang:
It was not recorded in the bible about her passing away to the after life. The Roman Catholics believe her body was assumed into heaven (body and soul)

But whichever d case may be, that doesnt matter, what matters is that She is in heaven....

How do you know she's in heaven?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
No she did not,
Every Human being dies

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:

But it matters to billions of folks who believe her bodily assumption into heaven and therefore call her 'the Queen of heaven.' cool
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
Cletus77:

The Holy Bible only recorded two people dat ascended into heaven without dying and that is Enoch and Elijah, if she really ascended into heaven without seeing death, it would be recorded

Good point. cool
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
Splinz:

How do you know she's in heaven?

Where else should she be?
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No she did not,
Every Human being dies

Except for Enoch and Elijah. cool
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Where else should she be?

In the grave.
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by dingbang(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

But it matters to billions of folks who believe her bodily assumption into heaven and therefore call her 'the Queen of heaven.' cool
lol it doesn't matter to me... She lives...
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
Splinz:

In the grave.

Do you know where she was buried? undecided
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:

lol it doesn't matter to me... She lives...

Yes, but where does her body lay? undecided
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know where she was buried? undecided

No. Did you also see when she was ascended
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by dingbang(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, but where does her body lay? undecided
wait I don't understand...Are u asking me this question? Do I look like her body guard? Was I alive in her time? Or was I present the moment she died or did I attend her funeral?

Did the bible record her life after the resurrection of Jesus? D Way we humans just tend to ask silly questions that our human mind cannot even reason... Change oo
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Except for Enoch and Elijah. cool
Kindly read john 3.13

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Splinz:

No. Did you also see when she was ascended

No, hence the question of the OP. cheesy
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
dingbang:

wait I don't understand...Are u asking me this question? Do I look like her body guard? Was I alive in her time? Or was I present the moment she died or did I attend her funeral?

Yes, that is the question of the OP. cheesy

dingbang:

Did the bible record her life after the resurrection of Jesus? D Way we humans just tend to ask silly questions that our human mind cannot even reason... Change oo

Did the Bible not mention Mary after the resurrection? cool
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Kindly read john 3.13

What do you want to bring out from that verse and how does it apply to the OP?
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What do you want to bring out from that verse and how does it apply to the OP?
It is not in relation to the OP , its in relation to your answer, that Elijah and Enoch didn't die.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

It is not in relation to the OP , its in relation to your answer, that Elijah and Enoch didn't die.

Does the verse you quoted negate my assertion, if yes tell me how? undecided
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Does the verse you quoted negate my assertion, if yes tell me how? undecided
Why not read the verse tell me what you understand, then we can enlighten ourselves
While you are at it you can also read 1 cor 15:50

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Omudia11: 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
Enoch and Elijah didnt die but they noth ascended, only not to heaven. Dont you know there are many spiritual planes?
Proudlyngwa:

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omudia11:
Enoch and Elijah didnt die but they noth ascended, only not to heaven. Dont you know there are many spiritual planes?
Sorry sir but every living being experiences physical death.
Proudlyngwa:

Why not read the verse tell me what you understand, then we can enlighten ourselves

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

No, hence the question of the OP. cheesy

To that question I say, no. According to Scriptures, no one has ascended into heaven except Jesus who came from heaven (John 3:13). Note: It says "except- ion", i.e, it is only Jesus that has ascended into the third heaven where God sits in glory.

Not even Enoch and Elijah. What these two experienced was a supernatural transfer from one location to another. This is most true in the case of Elijah, where he is seen writing a letter to king Jehoram (2 Chronicles 21:12), after his supposed ascension. Indeed, it was a rare honor to these two.

To believe or say contrary is to contradict Jesus and other truths of the Bible like the "RESURRECTION", which we see occurs when Jesus returns (John 5:28-29). Also note that this resurrection talks of both the just and unjust. (Learn more about the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15).

So, if some people believes that the saints are in heaven (contrary to what the Bible says, for even David is not in heaven, Acts 2:34), we may ask: How can supposedly living saints in heaven resurrect, i.e, the resurrection is it for the living or the dead

Be the judge.
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The onus is on you to explain what you're on about from those verses and how they apply to the discussion at hand. cool
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Splinz:

To that question I say, no. According to Scriptures, no one has ascended into heaven except Jesus who came from heaven (John 3:13). Note: It says "except- ion", i.e, it is only Jesus that has ascended into the third heaven where God sits in glory.

Not even Enoch and Elijah. What these two experienced was a supernatural transfer from one location to another. This is most true in the case of Elijah, where he is seen writing a letter to king Jehoram (2 Chronicles 21:12), after his supposed ascension. Indeed, it was a rare honor to these two.

To believe or say contrary is to contradict Jesus and other truths of the Bible like the "RESURRECTION", which we see occurs when Jesus returns (John 5:28-29). Also note that this resurrection talks of both the just and unjust. (Learn more about the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15).

So, if some people believes that the saints are in heaven (contrary to what the Bible says, for even David is not in heaven, Acts 2:34), we may ask: How can supposedly living saints in heaven resurrect, i.e, the resurrection is it for the living or the dead

Be the judge.

Where were Enoch and Elijah transported to? undecided
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 1:04am On Jan 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Where were Enoch and Elijah transported to? undecided

These two, I believed, were simply transfer to an undisclosed location still on earth, where they lived the rest of their lives and died like every other human beings (Hebrews 9:27).

I think God probably worked out the same thing He did with Moses. Moses, though the Scriptures does not say he was taken up too, but we see that when Moses died, he was buried by God Himself and his grave is unknown till this day (Deuteronomy 34:6).

So, like Moses who died and his grave hidden, I think God also did the same thing with the duo of Enoch and Elijah.
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17am On Jan 20, 2017
Splinz:

These two, I believed, were simply transfer to an undisclosed location still on earth, where they lived the rest of their lives and died like every other human beings (Hebrews 9:27).

I think God probably worked out the same thing He did with Moses. Moses, though the Scriptures does not say he was taken up too, but we see that when Moses died, he was buried by God Himself and his grave is unknown till this day (Deuteronomy 34:6).

So, like Moses who died and his grave hidden, I think God also did the same thing with the duo of Enoch and Elijah.

Are you making it up as you go? Why is it difficult for you to believe the revealed word of God that says that they never saw death?
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:56am On Jan 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The onus is on you to explain what you're on about from those verses and how they apply to the discussion at hand. cool
As has been explained to you by splinz, Elijah and Enoch died physically.

1 cor 15.50 says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 9.27 says it is appointed for man to die once ..........

Ecclesiatis 3.2 says there is a time to be born and a time to die.....

Ecclesiatis 3.20 and 12.7 all came from dust and all shall return to dust.

John 3.13 , no one has ascended into Heaven except him who descended from Heaven.

As you can see from hebrews 9.27 the physical flesh of everyman must have an end, as there is no use for it in Heaven or the spiritual world.
Elijah, Enoch , Mary all experienced Physical death.

One thing we should understand its that the Bible uses varying aspects of literature at certain points of History, also I think Pre Abrahamic time , it was Aramaic that was spoken, during Enoch and Marys time it was Hebrew, a lot of things could have been lost in translation.
You also have to know that language is cultural, and there are certain words in certain languages that don't have equivalents in other languages, making it impossible to be perfectly translated.
One thing is certain bro, every living person shall die one day for us to enter another stage of our existence.

1 Like

Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by sonmvayina(m): 8:01am On Jan 20, 2017
Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven. this feast is celebrated on 15th of August..it states that after her earthly llife she was moved body and soul to be reunited with her son and saviour..it will be unthinkable for the body that housed and carried the son of God to see corruption...she alone enjoys this honour..

from there she has visited people on earth, one of the most recent one is to 3 children in FATIMA in present day portugal. with a serries of warnings to mankind....chief of which she urged humans to honour her immaculate heart and for the pope to covert Russia to her heart...if Not..severe consequencies...awaits us.
Re: Did Mary Rise To Heaven Without Dying? by Splinz(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you making it up as you go? Why is it difficult for you to believe the revealed word of God that says that they never saw death?

Now you're about to get your fingers really burnt.

Is the Bible contradictory? And why is it also difficult for you to believe the same revealed word of God that says no one has gone to heaven except Jesus? Why is it difficult for you to believe that all the dead are in their graves awaiting the resurrection, in line and harmony with Scriptures? Can you prove anywhere in the Bible that the saints are now living in heaven and sinners in fire

I challenge you to attempt any of these questions. Lets see if you know the Bible and indeed, believe all its teachings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Always Said No Truth In Islam / The Beginning Of The Universe-The Big Bang Theory / Do Some Dreams Come To Pass??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.