Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Please Advice Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me (1432 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me by montanaguy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
I have 135k. I am considering relocating to the city with my wife and two kids to rent a room and search for security job or to stay back where I am, rent a shop and start a fast food joint selling indomie, egg, jellof rice and beans.
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
montanaguy:
I have 135k. I am considering relocating to the city with my wife and two kids to rent a room and search for security job or to stay back where I am, rent a shop and start a fast food joint selling indomie, egg, jellof rice and beans.
start up where you are for now i. e Restaurant business. After making some money, leave the business in your wifes custody and head to the city for your dreams. When you eventually clinch it, you can then invite your family over.
I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by AssLeeKar: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
Stay where u are as u have been told above. You may Divide the 135k into 4places use a part for the fast food joint depending on type of resturant but make sure its close to a good junction. Target okada guys,keke boys, mechanics, n student. Make your food cheap.
You can rent store or build wooden one.
Manage it with madam. Your businesses wll evn pay u plus the peace of mind pride.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me by montanaguy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Good. I have already seen a shop. 3k per month. I will pay for 1yr and then get a carpenter to make a tables and benches. I want to add a gotv for entertainment.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by Acidosis(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
montanaguy:
Good. I have already seen a shop. 3k per month. I will pay for 1yr and then get a carpenter to make a tables and benches. I want to add a gotv for entertainment.

1. You have a smartphone, apply for security jobs and other related jobs in the city ONLINE. When they ask you whether you can relocate, tell them yes, in so far as they will provide you a decent accommodation.

2. While the application is on-going, open a business where you are and manage it with your wife, but ensure you spend something less than N60,000. I'd advise you limit the rent to 6 months (i.e., 3000 x 6 = N18,000). You don't need a Gotv at the moment.. getting one would attract additional monthly subscription. Remember you have bills to pay? PHCN, sanitation, tax, etc.

3. See this: do not pay any carpenter. Their services are usually expensive, and most of the time, the local ones produce poor jobs with short life span. Go to the market and buy cheaper plastic chairs and tables.

3. If you must watch TV, take your home appliances to your food joint; that way, you will spend more time monitoring your business and your goods.

4. When you finally get called to resume your job in the city, leave your wife behind and move to the city to test the waters. All things being equal, relocate your family and your food business to the city after a while.

5. Rule 5, run the business as though you will never get called by any employer. Do this and you will never be disappointed.

10 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
@acidosis your explanation is good but I don't agree on number 3. Cheap chairs and tables break easily. Unruly customers who love to fight and look for trouble amongst themselves use such chairs and tables to fight and break in between.
The best bet is carpenter that will make a cojoined table and bench or chairs, with strong wood. It last longer than plastic chairs.

Then gotv part is an incentive to attract more customers than expected. Trust me people, selling food in shops has taken food business in shops to another level, especially the enlightened owners. if he wants to be ahead of the game. And the bouquet of gotv is cheap, he can choose any package.

Also op, pls the tv u will use shouldn't be expensive, fairly use.. And it must be in a wall cage, and padlocked at all times cause of thieves. Sometimes customers who patronize could be a petty thieves .So it's best to protect your properties.

And always be watchful..likewise your wife too in the shop. Everyone must have a sense of security around. Cause u will be dealing with different kind of people as customers.

That's my two cents

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by Acidosis(m): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
^ ^

...reason I recommended plastic chair is that someone like 'acidosis' would not sit back to eat in a restaurant with co-joined wooden chair/tables. I really don't know how to break this down, but I'm making reference to "consumer behavior" in marketing.

There is something about the plastic chairs that will attract a set of customer to his shop. Trust me, even bars and alcoholic joints use plastic chairs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
Acidosis:
^ ^

...reason I recommended plastic chair is that someone like 'acidosis' would not sit back to eat in a restaurant with co-joined wooden chair/tables. I really don't know how to break this down, but I'm making reference to "consumer behavior" in marketing.

There is something about the plastic chairs that will attract a set of customer to his shop. Trust me, even bars and alcoholic joints use plastic chairs.

Ok
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Amelian:

Ok

i sight you ! cheesy
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 15, 2017
truthsayer007:

i sight you ! cheesy

You do well grin

Where have u been? smiley
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 15, 2017
montanaguy:
Go into fish farming or poultry. Fast food joint is cool though
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 15, 2017
Amelian:

You do well grin

Where have u been? smiley

I've been hiding under the green grass wink
Re: Please Advice Me by ifyalways(f): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2017
You can never go wrong with food or foodstuff business @ OP.

If I were you, i'd forget about city/paid employment and concentrate on food.

God bless your hustle

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me by EfemenaXY: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2017
montanaguy:

N135k doesn't sound like a lot of money to me.

How much do the following items cost in the city compared to where you live?

1. A 20kg sack of rice
2. A 20kg sack of beans
3. A basket of tomatoes
4. A large tin of groundnut oil
5. A large tin of palm oil
6. A medium sized basket of onions
7. A medium sized basket of pepper
8. Meat / chicken/ frozen (iced) fish
9. Spices (curry, thyme, nutmeg, salt)
10. A crate of soft drinks / carton of beer

11. And as you'll be cooking large scale for commercial purposes, storage costs? I.e. A small sized generator to power your deep freezer?

12. Fuel costs. Do you plan on using firewood (cheaper), or kerosene / gas?

Not trying to put a damper on your idea (which I think is commendable anyway), but you need to consider your costs properly before venturing into any business plans.

Cc: Amelian, Ifyalways, Dangotesmummy.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2017
truthsayer007:

I've been hiding under the green grass wink

Hiding doing what?? smiley
Re: Please Advice Me by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Amelian:

Hiding doing what?? smiley

Hiding, patiently waiting for you to pass thru !
Re: Please Advice Me by ifyalways(f): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

N135k doesn't sound like a lot of money to me.

How much do the following items cost in the city compared to where you live?

1. A 20kg sack of rice
2. A 20kg sack of beans
3. A basket of tomatoes
4. A large tin of groundnut oil
5. A large tin of palm oil
6. A medium sized basket of onions
7. A medium sized basket of pepper
8. Meat / chicken/ frozen (iced) fish
9. Spices (curry, thyme, nutmeg, salt)
10. A crate of soft drinks / carton of beer

11. And as you'll be cooking large scale for commercial purposes, storage costs? I.e. A small sized generator to power your deep freezer?

12. Fuel costs. Do you plan on using firewood (cheaper), or kerosene / gas?

Not trying to put a damper on your idea (which I think is commendable anyway), but you need to consider your costs properly before venturing into any business plans.

Cc: Amelian, Ifyalways, Dangotesmummy.

Valid points.

This is Nigeria, cook good food in a decent environment and people will buy.

Still OP, Efe raised good points. You need to consider the environment where u plan to operate from to be sure it's viable for food business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5-year Old Girl Catches Parents Having Sex / Is My Age Ok For Canada Immigration? / Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.