Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,449 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English (2463 Views)

Dan Foster: New York Times Pays Tribute To Late Radio Personality / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Shades Efe, Says Nigerians Voted Him Out Of Pity / "I Have Never Wanted To Be Married" - Funmi Iyanda Says. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Stardomboy: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
US artist and radio personality Joshua Nicks aka J Nicks says Nigerians can’t speak English.
The Atlanta-based DJ also known as Stuey Rock made the comments during an interview with Migos who recently departed Lagos.
J Nicks at the beginning of his show ‘The Durtty Boyz’, aired by Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9, said the American hip hop group went ”all the way to Nigeria” to put their home city on the map.
He referred to the country as a place ”where they can’t even speak English” and ”don’t even know what’s the A [Atlanta]”, before asking Migos of their experience there.
You can watch the full interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uh2ZIWF0xk

Source: http://naijavibes.net/2017/01/dumb-us-radio-personality-says-nigerians-cant-speak-english/

Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by SexyNairalander: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
booked

why the beef with nigerians
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by CoolFreeday(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
see his face sef
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Onechancearmy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
He probably listened to one of Buhari's interviews on CNN before reaching his conclusion.
Mr. Nicks, listen to the likes of Wole Soyinka before writing off ALL Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
Me i can speak Hausa, Fulfude, Yoruba and Ebira. Am not bothered what an American Says, let him come and speak ma language as well.
Nigerians like swallowing panadol ontop irrelevant gist abeg

1 Like

Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by idupaul: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
The facts remains that only about 20 percent of Nigerians can communicate properly in English language , most Nigerians speak a vernacular variation of English called pidgin while the rest just speak their native dialect .. If you doubt just take a walk to any ATM in Lagos and see the confusion that erupts when a regular ATM prompt is slightly changed grin grin cheesy I can never forget the time a bike hit my car in Lagos and I came out to talk with the bike man and he just kept staring at me without saying a word till I got pissed thinking he was being unremorseful and cocky till someone that could speak his language showed up and he started talking ,it was then I realised dude wasn't being cocky ,he just didn't understand what I was saying
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by idupaul: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
Justdulla:
Me i can speak Hausa, Fulfude, Yoruba and Ebira. Am not bothered what an American Says, let him come and speak ma language as well.
Nigerians like swallowing panadol ontop irrelevant gist abeg

Have you killed before?
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by januzaj(m): 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Who English help.
We have our Native languages and we speak anf communicate with them fluently.. So fuccck you...Someone that cannot speak Yoruba too fah
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:

Have you killed before?
Yes, ave killed chicken, goats, rams, even cows.
Humans havent made it to ma list yet.
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by idupaul: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Justdulla:

Yes, ave killed chicken, goats, rams, even cows.
Humans havent made it to ma list yet.

They shouldn't, just make sure you make it through life without killing anyone ok
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:

They shouldn't, just make sure you make I through lie without killing anyone ok
But the nature of my Job, its either I kill or be killed. Avent gotten to that stage yet, but if i eventually get there. God help me i would pull the trigger and take the shot.
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by idupaul: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Justdulla:

But the nature of my Job, its either I kill or be killed. Avent gotten to that stage yet, but if i eventually get there. God help me i would pull the trigger and take the shot.

You sound like a cadet?
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:

You sound like a cadet?
u have actually deviated from the topic.
Lets stick to it Oga. wink

1 Like

Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by debsjoat(m): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
Onechancearmy:
He probably listened to one of Buhari's interviews on CNN before reaching his conclusion.
Mr. Nicks, listen to the likes of Wole Soyinka before writing off ALL Nigerian.

oMG. See what Mr President has brought on us. . in za Oza room.
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by Nutase: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
I fit use this he goat do suya o
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by freda506(f): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
idupaul:
The facts remains that only about 20 percent of Nigerians can communicate properly in English language , most Nigerians speak a vernacular variation of English called pidgin while the rest just speak their native dialect .. If you doubt just take a walk to any ATM in Lagos and see the confusion that erupts when a regular ATM prompt is slightly changed grin grin cheesy I can never forget the time a bike hit my car in Lagos and I came out to talk with the bike man and he just kept staring at me without saying a word till I got pissed thinking he was being unremorseful and cocky till someone that could speak his language showed up and he started talking ,it was then I realised dude wasn't being cocky ,he just didn't understand what I was saying
The fact remains that you cannot punctuate properly.

@ Topic: The Dj is a pathetic being. I mean, who judges a large group of people based on a few experiences he's had? He's lucky his ancestors made it out of the slave boat; else, he'd probably be just another Nigerian.
Re: Dumb US Radio Personality Says Nigerians Can’t Speak English by idupaul: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
freda506:
The fact remains that you cannot punctuate properly.

@ Topic: The Dj is a pathetic being. I mean, who judges a large group of people based on a few experiences he's had? He's lucky his ancestors made it out of the slave boat; else, he'd probably be just another Nigerian.

Exactly what I was saying . Then why get mad when some says the truth

(1) (Reply)

These Beautiful" Nature pictures"from Kogi Born Photographer will shock you / Wizkid Show His New Diamond Rings In Club Worth Millions Of Naria (pics & Vid) / Between Tboss' Brother And IG User Who Says He Wants To F*ck Her To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.