Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion (1061 Views)

Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / On Hypnotism... / The Hypnotism Of Nigerians through religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Boss13: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
It's been a while I have visited a church and in view of certain circumstances, I decided to visit one yesterday to see a friend. The church is along Oregun Ikeja and I was shocked to observe noticeably that it's members are predominantly youth. According to members, they are having a leadership conference (Morning and Evening session) from Monday - Sunday to tap into the anointing and grace of their leader.

Apparently, their leader, appears to me as a young version of pastor Chris, light skinned and permed oil flowing hair (this must be the trending style). I also noticed how members haphazardly were roaming around looking for dollars. According to them, these members were asked to sow at least $200 in order to kick start their year by a visiting prophet/ guest pastor. The prophet said he wants 200 people to sow this seed. I saw young people (employed and unemployed) struggling to get dollars. Some calling friends and relatives. I saw joy in their eyes after they could get dollars, the same dollars that is so scarce. I also witnessed how dollars went from N495 to N502 within hours and these young people were rushing to get some and those who could not get were extremely disappointed.

Out of curiosity, I had to wait to see this prophet and also their senior pastor because I was amazed at the invincible influence controlling these people. I duly observed how their senior pastor drove in, in grand style with security clearing the road. I noticed he came late about an hour into church service and his itinerary had been communicated to his church security and ushers, who were in position to usher him into the church in a celebrity styled manner.

Also, I noticed how the prophet, the guest pastor, was interchangeably reconstructing the Bible to fit into his sermon and making incoherent statements and also calling Luke of the Bible a doctor. I also noticed the church was filled and could house a 1,000 people. I was in awe. If there was one thing I enjoyed, it was the music and the amazement of how young people were fanatically trying to express their love for their creator or their pastor, which ever one I duly cannot say.

I did a calculation on the seed offering - $200 multiplied by N495 (average price) and came up with an average sum of N20million for just 200 people, however, I am certain that more than 200 people sowed. I also mentally calculated 1,000 for an offering size of N1,000. I used N1,000 because I overheard few members bragging about paying offering of N1,000 which is the average offering fee these days and the amount came up to N1,000,000 per session and there were two sessions, meaning N2,000,000 per day and a total sum of N14,000,000 for 7 days - my God - church business is serious business.

I have to be honest, I struggled within my mind in getting involved in church business. I overheard a deacon excitingly claiming that their senior pastor has the grace of God and that he knows the word. "Oh the senior pastor is so humble" (the celebrity status and grand entrance comes to mind here). Wow, wow, wow, nothing but wow preoccupied my mind, till this very moment. These pastors are only going to get richer, no doubt, but how do you gather over 1,000 young educated or semi educated Nigerians and successfully convince them to part away with $200 and there was no economic activity exchanged. I never knew how powerful religion was, and the influence pastors have over their members, not till yesterday.

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by menxer: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nice experience.

Hope you are not an atheist?
Because that is the label you should expect once "they" sniff this thread. grin

4 Likes

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Boss13: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
menxer:
Nice experience.

Hope you are not an atheist?
Because that is the label you should expect once "they" sniff this thread. grin

Laughs. My belief in the creator is personal and I duly respect the beliefs of other people. However, yesterday was an eye opener for me. I am still amazed. I was in shocking disbelief seeing the various actions of these young, energetic and supposedly productive and learned Nigerians. Another reason I wondered - how did that prophet convinced healthy young Nigerians even the unemployed to part away with $200 in a recession without any economic activities being given in return.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by MizMyColi(f): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
This is serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by menxer: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Boss13:

Laughs. My belief in the creator is personal and I duly respect the beliefs of other people. However, yesterday was an eye opener for me. I am still amazed. I was in shocking disbelief seeing the various actions of these young, energetic and supposedly productive and learned Nigerians. Another reason I wondered - how did that prophet convinced healthy young Nigerians even the unemployed to part away with $200 in a recession without any economic activities being given in return.

It's only those that doesn't believe (atheist) that ask such Questions, And you are asking questions. grin

Church is not a place you go to question what's done or how it's done. You just believe and do what you are told and keep your opinion in your pocket. grin

5 Likes

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Splinz(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
SMH for those fraudsters in sheep's clothing.
Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by zicoraads: 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
I know it's COZA grin Boss13
Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Boss13: 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
menxer:

It's only those that doesn't believe (atheist) that ask such Questions, And you are asking questions. grin

Church is not a place you go to question what's done or how it's done. You just believe and do what you are told and keep your opinion in your pocket. grin

Now that's hypnotism. A situation you get suggestions and you don't apply your cognitive ability to reason and question suggestions, but proceed to partake and implement the suggestion on the premise of appeasing the person who made the suggestion.

Someone can't just wake me up and suggest to me to go bring $200 without me applying some reasons. What I saw shocked me. I interviewed a young man, probably in his early twenties - why are you doing this and what he said threw me off balance, he said "I want to tap into the anointing of the man of god". Why I interviewed him was because I noticed he was worried, he appeared not to have enough money, he was struggling to make online transfer and possibly asking friends to complete the naira value for the dollar exchange.

Another reason I was shocked was because I saw vibrant, beautiful young men and women and from their appearance, you could tell that these people have seen the four walls of either a university or possibly have received some form of education and oh yes I was disappointed. Religion is truly powerful. In one day, a church made over N20million and this is not just offering and tithe. Add the offering, the church made over N22million in just one day, even oil companies, in this recession, make N22million in one day and guess what - everything is profit because no cost was incurred.

Damn, I might consider going to Bible school - I can talk too, I can apply the Bible, I can fry my hair and if my complexion is not light enough, I can ask bobrisky to assist me with the cream he is using (all na packaging). I can speak very well and pick up a good accent whether Australia or New Zealand accent - those are hard to notice. I spray a good expensive perfume and when I tell you I have the anointing, the sweet fragrance will becloud your judgement - my God, can people wake up

5 Likes

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Boss13: 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
zicoraads:
I know it's COZA grin Boss13

No it's not COZA. COZA is the church where the senior pastor sleeps with his members right?

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by menxer: 6:56am On Jan 15, 2017
Boss13:

Now that's hypnotism. A situation you get suggestions and you don't apply your cognitive ability to reason and question suggestions, but proceed to partake and implement the suggestion on the premise of appeasing the person who made the suggestion.

Someone can't just wake me up and suggest to me to go bring $200 without me applying some reasons. What I saw shocked me. I interviewed a young man, probably in his early twenties - why are you doing this and what he said threw me off balance, he said "I want to tap into the anointing of the man of god". Why I interviewed him was because I noticed he was worried, he appeared not to have enough money, he was struggling to make online transfer and possibly asking friends to complete the naira value for the dollar exchange.

Another reason I was shocked was because I saw vibrant, beautiful young men and women and from their appearance, you could tell that these people have seen the four walls of either a university or possibly have received some form of education and oh yes I was disappointed. Religion is truly powerful. In one day, a church made over N20million and this is not just offering and tithe. Add the offering, the church made over N22million in just one day, even oil companies, in this recession, make N22million in one day and guess what - everything is profit because no cost was incurred.

Damn, I might consider going to Bible school - I can talk too, I can apply the Bible, I can fry my hair and if my complexion is not light enough, I can ask bobrisky to assist me with the cream he is using (all na packaging). I can speak very well and pick up a good accent whether Australia or New Zealand accent - those are hard to notice. I spray a good expensive perfume and when I tell you I have the anointing, the sweet fragrance will becloud your judgement - my God, can people wake up

The way you talk if you had asked for $200 I would have done the transfer already. grin

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by zicoraads: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2017
Boss13:

No it's not COZA. COZA is the church where the senior pastor sleeps with his members right?
Allegedly sleeps with his members.

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Boss13: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2017
zicoraads:

Allegedly sleeps with his members.

The pastor did not deny the allegations and the lady involved provided succinct details of their exploit in London. What that pastor did was abuse of power and exploiting the influence he has over his members. Now, guess what - people still patronize that church and listen to the same man. They still believe he has the anointing and grace of God. If this is not hypnotism, then explain to me in clear terms what it is.

3 Likes

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by zicoraads: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
Boss13:

The pastor did not deny the allegations and the lady involved provided succinct details of their exploit in London. What that pastor did was abuse of power and exploiting the influence he has over his members. Now, guess what - people still patronize that church and listen to the same man. They still believe he has the anointing and grace of God. If this is not hypnotism, then explain to me in clear terms what it is.
I don't know what it is. But the church at that time came out to deny the allegations. Ese Walters wasn't the most credible of persons, so I wouldn't really take her word as truth. As for Pastor Biodun, I'm not a fan of his either. Anyday I feel like admiring beautiful ladies on a Sunday is when I attend COZA.
Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by sirfee(m): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=Boss13 post=52814331]

Damn, I might consider going to Bible school - I can talk too, I can apply the Bible, I can fry my hair and if my complexion is not light enough, I can ask bobrisky to assist me with the cream he is using (all na packaging). I can speak very well and pick up a good accent whether Australia or New Zealand accent - those are hard to notice. I spray a good expensive perfume and when I tell you I have the anointing, the sweet fragrance will becloud your judgement - my God, can people wake up[/quote
Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by sirfee(m): 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Boss13:

In the voice of baba Fela "pope na enjoyment,imam na igbadun,archbishop na miliki.Dem go follow bishop,follow pope,follow imam".What many christians don't understand is that there's big difference between religion,heresy and true worship.

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed The Power, Hypnotism And Influence Of Religion by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 23, 2017
Boss13:

Mister,you haven't seen anything
I kinda have a first hand experience because my mom have been slaving for and worshipping a scammer(pastor)for over 15years
Its so bad that she pays his NEPA bills

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Lucifer? The Devil, King Nebuchadnezzar II Or Adam. / He Found A Big Cat In His Room At Midnight. Is It A Spiritual Attack? / VIDEO: Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against The Nigerian Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.