Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education (55269 Views)

Times Higher Education Lists University Of Ibadan As Top 400 In Medical Science / Covenant, UNN Break Into Times Higher Education (THE) Top 1000 World Rankings / Covenant Universit Now Among Top 700 Universities - Times Higher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by basilo102: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
omololu2020:
Nigeria with more than 150 million population as just one university...i don't think the population of Uganda is up to 15 million and is almost the same size with rivers state on terms of land mass yet is university is at the number 3 population...i just they laughgrin
Nigeria, big for nothing
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by giwish(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
otokx:
Which university in Nigeria can boast of steady electricity between the hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday to Saturday?

Even UI should be removed from that list.
i hope u know obafemi awolowo university?check the school out,u will know what we call constant electricity!
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
godsluvee:
So proud to be once a Uite.
Recte sapere fons

What dept?
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Ken4agent(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
can somebody tell us why Egypt is dominating the list? Anyway, my Use to be Univ of Ib deserve to be listed even though she have her own internal short comings
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by guiddoti: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Seconded
We get our own list. lol
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Mbediogu(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
opalu:
TOTAL RUBBISH LIST!!!
WHEN WILL IT GET INTO THIS OYIBO BRAINS THAT THE ERA OF SLAVERY IS GONE AND BURIED?
THEY JUST HAVE BIAS FOR NIGERIA! OUR YOUTHS GO TO FOREIGN SCHOOLS AND DUST THEIR PROFESSORS WITH HOME-GROWN INTELLIGENCE BY EMERGING OVERALL BEST, SOLVING ACADEMIC PROBLEMS UNSOLVED FOR AGES, GRADUATING IN POSTGRADUATE WITH FIRST CLASS AND DISTINCTIONS. STUDENTS TRAINED IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES.
YET THEM GET MOUTH TO TELL US OUR UNIVERSITIES ARE NOT AMONG THE BEST UNIS IN AFRICA AND IN THE 1000 UNIS ON EARTH!!!
TO HE.LL WITH THEIR RANKINGS.

Some years ago, I was a Consultant Engineer to a FG Project at the FCT and other states. Could you believe that the so called Foreign Engineers they brought from Germany, UK, India and China where learning the work from we the Nigerian Engineers?
Then I was even a young Engineer not even COREN-Certified at that time self. Yet those foreigners couldn't know jack more than us that were trained here.

Truth is that from our poor educational settings great men and women have emerged. It is perhaps from application and the way we Nigerians accept and surmount challenges rather than the high standards of our institutions. Give us half of the opportunities they have in South Africa and watch us beat Havard, Oxford and Connell.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
ishowdotgmail:

Recte sapere fons

What dept?
Economics. What about you?
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by guiddoti: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
ffrreeee:
Where is my school?
really? have you checked the space? or you can insert you school on the list by using ball Pen.
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by TeleboiZ005(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
guiddoti:
We get our own list. lol
kikikikikikiki.......how ur list de
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by shiwaggz57(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
refreshrate:

You're still asking ? With this your type of grammar?

lol u gat no chill at all
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Orikinla1: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mosesoly:
Just one, Nigeria that is populated with Universities ,all we know how to do is to extort students and take advantage of them, our education is in shambles
Majority of the so called universities in Nigeria are not better than high schools in America by the qualifications of their lecturers and facilities.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by guiddoti: 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
kikikikikikiki.......how ur list de
make I put your school number one?
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by TeleboiZ005(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
guiddoti:
make I put your school number one?
Anyhowgrin
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by guiddoti: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Anyhowgrin
na so! na their own be dat. our own is original lol
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by frank950(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
U.I school mi. i have no iota of doubt with the list, Nigeria lacks the system and careless about education. Lautech has been closed for 8months now and all Ajemobi could say was that student should do their worst, what an insolent remark. How do u expect Nigerian universities to make the list.

#AbegIRepU.I
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Kenzico(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mosesoly:
Just one, Nigeria that is populated with Universities ,all we know how to do is to extort students and take advantage of them, our education is in shambles

Shut up Jare!!! Dont say like you have been to other countries....Like other countries dont partake in their own corrupt practices

Mttchewww!
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by StoneLucifer: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
omololu2020:
Nigeria with more than 150 million population as just one university...i don't think the population of Uganda is up to 15 million and is almost the same size with rivers state on terms of land mass yet is university is at the number 3 population...i just they laughgrin

U are very funny..How can u say that the land mass of Uganda is the same size with Rivers state.No university in Nigeria and i repeat no university in Nigeria can stand Makerere university in terms of rating..Go and do your research properly..

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by yahmohy27: 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Seconded
Thirdended
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by koladebrainiac(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Wey covenant university upon d money wey dem dey collect plenty money
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by koladebrainiac(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Wey covenant university upon d money wey dem dey collect
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Codes151(m): 2:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kenzico:
Fake List!!

Only South Africa and Egypt dominates d list
lol!!! No need for this!! Which Naija school suppose dey dere?
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
godsluvee:
Economics. What about you?
Physiology. Tho I just finished with this recent set
Sorry wha lvl ma!
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by omololu2020(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
StoneLucifer:

U are very funny..How can u say that the land mass of Uganda is the same size with Rivers state.No university in Nigeria and i repeat no university in Nigeria can stand Makerere university in terms of rating..Go and do your research properly..
am sorry,i was thinking of rwanda when i wrote that
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by knightsson: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
joliyp:
i dnt understand the list
Hi Joli!
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by kenoz(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
embarassed
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by mandarin: 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
The truth is that university ratings come with its own politics. You must understand that western countries have a way of perpetrating themselves and their institutions so that they can continue to serve as sources of incomes to maintaining their infrastructure and sustain their economic dominance.
There's no doubt that two things rank high when rating universities which are researches and quality of teachers adding infrastructures and curriculum.
Nigeria is lacking and lagging behind but something must strike you, Nigerian aren't. I feel rating universities in Africa without naming at least five from Nigeria is rather questionable at least based on success stories of their products. If Nigeria economy is the largest in Africa and Nigeria graduates supports this economy, work in corporations that hold the economy and succeed elsewhere, then you can't throw the baby with the dirty water.
The major problem is getting good rating organizations for African institutions for instance LBS is probably rated number 50 in the world but many lecturers there also work for Unilag, the truth is nobody gonna blow your horns.
In brand building in developing economies, how many exclusively foreign staffed organizations have dominated the landscape? In multinational companies, it is in Nigeria you can be sure of staffing 85% without fail in Africa and you get your business going.

Nigeria however need to spend more on education, quality education, good infrastructures, modern curriculum, research budgets that show seriousness and focused research based learning.
In Africa, in some fields I will surely rate UI, OAU, Unilag, LBS, Convenants, Babcock, ABUAD bearing in mind how alumni are performing. I just want to mention a few.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Eaglesence: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
refreshrate:

You're still asking ?
With this your type of grammar?

Kihehehehehehe.... Epic response grin grin grin

Well to God be the glory, the university where I studied ranks 6th. I rep UG

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Gordieshegz(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
otokx:
Which university in Nigeria can boast of steady electricity between the hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday to Saturday?

Even UI should be removed from that list.

baba....OAU can!!!
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by adegeye38(m): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Those south african universities are world class, especially in terms of infrastructure

While ours has been doused by decayed infrastructure and system, all thanks to corruption

2 Likes

Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by uzolexis(f): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
superstar1:

You do not have to beef UI now!!! The school is just the best in Nigeria. A visit to the school will convince you beyond measures.

UI will achieve that by June.

The German Govt is building a 35MW solar station for the school and it will be completed by May.

U.I is the best in Nigeria because Nigerian standards are so low....a 1 eyed man is a king amongst the blind, that's the case of U.I. I studied in U.I btw.
Re: List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education by Gluthatione: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
If this list is correct then Nnamadi Kanu should not be blame for calling Nigeria a Zoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.