Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

"Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad (41363 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by omokab: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
themall:
This law is targeted against Christian churches. Why don't we regulate the microphone making noise from the mosque every morning??!!!!
you mean the noise level? That's should be a good thing because it will affect the churches most. How many mosques are you seeing making noise above the accepted level? You clearly don't know the world permitable noise level. Please you can as well tell us how churches make noise early in the morning and at night for vigil. evening time is not countable. Noise from crusade is also there. The highest disturbed religion in term of noise is Christianity.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Omudia11: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
it is not haram to steal in islam, raoe is also not haram.
chiefolododo:
Will Muslims share from the tax ? Is it not haram?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
admax:
And how does that concerns you? Did I complain to your father or ask your generation to pay me? Your foolishness is legendary.

But you claimed that your fellow christians "dont have a clue whats going on" did you not? I simply pointed out the reality of the fact and if you think otherwise youre an unfiltered idioooot!

How does one of the poorest countries in the world have the richest pastors in the world.

But this business must be lucrativs, say... how does one open a church?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by LorDBolton(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
I stopped being a christian when I realised ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY-MAKING!

Couldn't start practising 'tradition' cos my forefathers have long been defeated by the missionaries thus even their gods are super fake

Then I looked at then muslims and realised they're even more delusional when compared to christians

So I'm proudly atheist smiley

If you're a christian, muslim today its all because some centuries ago one king had more economic and military might... thats all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by ettybaba(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Unfortunately any tertiary institutions run by muslims naturally turns to breeding ground for terrorists. I would have said govt should give them license.

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Omudia11:
it is not haram to steal in islam, raoe is also not haram.

Try stealing or ra.ping someone in a muslim state or country and see what happens to you. Lets see how your family feels about burying your battered one handed body.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Origin(f): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dear mods please modify topic title as most people have been commenting without reading the post.

The man was talking about mosque churches and all non profit organization.

Before the codes applied only to private companies but the impact of the non profit sector has been analyzed hence the need to include all under the codes. The code applies to all but of course size matters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by danj16: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
will it be wrong if we have super rich mosque?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by seguno2: 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
What of mosques?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by martineverest(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
toluwalopsy:
Wait o! Why are all these fanatics kicking against churches nowadays. Can't they mind their business. They have so many unsettled issues in their own circle yet they keep poke nosing into other circles. In fact! I don't even know what to type again sef.
madam,read b4 u cmment...he said churches and mosques

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
ceejay80s:

And those that paid in church , were they forced to pay or held at gun point? They freely gave it to the church, I see so many stingy people in the moslem community, many are rich but don't give, how many mosque has dangote or fashola or tinubu built ?
But my own brother has single handedly built and furnished a 2 storey building in an Anglican church

Religion is not a business. Just listen to how you proudly proclaimed your brother an idiott because thats what he is if he doesnt get proceesa from that church.

Religious places arent institutions, these types of acts are what deter some people from religion. And the beauty of islam is when you do a noble deed, you saying it means you get a lower reward. I dont know about fashola but whre im from i know dangote helps out a lot even if it doesnt have to do with mosques and that is enough.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by femliany(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
Point of correction Sheik! My own Jesus was not poor had it been, the soldiers wouldn't have casted lots over hos garment....we know ur schemes and na majority of ur children dey go to all these schools well 2019 will decide
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by soath(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Remove Christian schools and what will be left of Nigeria's education system.

The government is just lame. Nothing substantial has been done over the years.

Monuments we celebrate today were installed decades ago.

I weep for Nigeria but at the the same time, God bless Nigeria.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
seguno2:
What of mosques?

The mosques that do generate that sort of amount must also pay taxes yet you will find that there very few of them.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by bidierichie: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Abrupt:
If you're going to run churches as a private organisation, you might as well pay your tax. Besides, where's the harm in paying tax? 'Big Churches' should see it as helping the country financially. Christians are the good Samaritans.

Helping the country financially so that the corrupt ones can eat it abi?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
femliany:
Point of correction Sheik! My own Jesus was not poor had it been, the soldiers wouldn't have casted lots over hos garment....we know ur schemes and na majority of ur children dey go to all these schools well 2019 will decide

Zero meaning in what you wrote. How people like this even get on the internet i dont know...
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by nkemjacob2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
if it is taxing church, he is totally wrong but he can tax schools, university, etc from churches dat open any.

2 Likes

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by martineverest(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sparkle777:
I dnt understand why moslems should put their mouth inside church matter whn we dnt dare mention them. If it was a church cleric that said any problem wit mosques or moslem, by now ppl s head wil be chopped off.
This is why its been said that there is an Islamizasation agenda inthis administration. How many times have there been any mention of the carnage in Kaduna?
Fire.
i am a chritian....pls read b4 commenting....he said christians and MOSLEMS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
danj16:
will it be wrong if we have super rich mosque?

If there are, they should also pay taxes.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by skedman(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
eyeview:
A Muslim calling for tax on churches. I don't blame him. I blame Christians who lead the way in critisizing their faith publicly,calling for tax on their own faith,attacking their pastors publicly etc.
And when you do that, the Muslims will join us to critisize our faith and it's leaders while shielding theirs jealously.
hello, did you read it at all. please it is an interview and he needs to express its own point of view. Everybody have its own school of thought . Ignorance is a disease
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

If illiterate monkeys are ruling over you what does that say about you?

But unfortunately it is you im.beciles who look and act like monkeys.

I would be an ìmbecile if I was ruled by monkeys like him in Nigeria but I'm American and pay my taxes to The United States Government.

Go on ìmbecile, go protest these monkeys in power...Don't you want to turn your shitty third world country into something better?

Îmbecile aren't you tired of Corruption, aren't you tired of seeing your Nigerian passport derided cheesy...What passport, you probably live in the slums and have never seen one before...Run along now little monkey bibbity bop.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by martineverest(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
tuoyoojo:
the child who called his mother an ugly woman should not blame the people that called his father a blind man

Christians in the name of liberality has given these moslems right to talk about the christian church anyhow

talk about their religion and see the beast in d perviously modest ones manifest

let d moslem sheikh face his front
pls,learn to read....the shiek said moslem and christians
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by I888(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Please this Man should desist from saying what he does not know. D church is not d mosque, Christianity is not Islam. infact dis two religion don't serve or worship d same God as some people think

Dis expensive schools dis Churches build, is it just for business? Muslims and other people also benefit from it. To me d church shld be commended for helping d government bridge vision of education for all.
Is schools by church not a business venture?

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by bundle33: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Moslem or Islam is anti humane,from the day of creating this religious it's from blood she'd and imagine how can sheikeh or Imam interfering to churches affair....Tell ur stupid Buhari to desist from unfair to religious in kaduna crisis and stop been partial to one side...God is bigger than humans..U can't knows all but our president claim he knows all...that equivalent to OLODO...Bleep all those that look into affair of the christain and members...leave the christain alone and do politics than interfering when national issues are there at ur nose...2019 Buahri go smell himself

3 Likes

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by seguno2: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
VomeSchakleton:
The mosques that do generate that sort of amount must also pay taxes yet you will find that there very few of them.

All religious bodies, whether mosques, churches and shrines should render account to government for taxes.
If civil servants with their meagre minimum wage of N18,000 pay taxes please why should imams, pastors and Oluwos not pay?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by jstriker442(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
Michaelgates:
He said church and mosque. Blame the person that posted it. That is how they cause confusion. And I agree wit him
bros leave black men ni. Ts said that to hide smthn from a black man, put it into writing. Most people commenting ddnt read through oo. After they'd be claiming more educated
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by skedman(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
BrutalJab:
Mad fool
are you really a christain? What is the difference between you and a mallam . I am afraid a mallam is even more intelligent than you . Learn to respect your elders
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
Brightwood:

I would be an slowpoke if I was ruled by monkeys like him in Nigeria but I'm American and pay my taxes to The United States Government.

Go on slowpoke, go protest these monkeys in power...Don't you want to turn your shitty third world country into something better?

slowpoke aren't you tired of Corruption, aren't you tired of seeing your Nigerian passport derided cheesy...What passport, you probably live in the slums and have never seen one before...Run along now little monkey bibbity bop.

I am a proud nigerian from the great white north so why will i protest against my own people? Why protest against the best leader weve had in recent years?

Whats an americans business with our leadership anyway? Pointing fingers at us when you just voted the first orange president? When you voted the first internet troll president? grin

And personally i think youre still one of this monkeys that jumped ship to the US but heres the thing small fry. The apeism is still in your dna and you just proved it! Speaking of yoyr new president i pray he doesnt deport you grin

Long story short... youre still a monkey!

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
seguno2:

All religious bodies, whether mosques, churches and shrines should render account to government for taxes.
If civil servants with their meagre minimum wage of N18,000 pay taxes please why should imams, pastors and Oluwos not pay?

I strongly agree. Profits from all religious institutions must be taxed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by skedman(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
kin8744:
If you are a christian, its time to stand for the church.
wisely !!! What is the name of the university you attended ?please can we know?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by bundle33: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
The matter is don't claim u know it all.The government of Buahri is a shame to our unborn generation where kerosene is sold for #500 and inflation everyday and here talking about churches affair...shiken or Imam go to. Hell
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by CXLVII: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
A thread like this is a good avenue to take statistics of the number of learned illiterate in Nigeria.

Majority just in a haste to comment without reading through the interview only to make a mockery of themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Arrested (Video, Photos) / Bodmas Kemepadei Dumps Christianity For Egbesu Worship (Photo) / Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.