Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead (862 Views)

Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) / Can I Go Ahead And Eat This? ( Pics). / Baby Suffering From Heart Defect Dies In Ife Ahead Of His Surgery. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by freshyabstel: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hi everyone, please I need a brilliant advice as to enable me make this very important life's decision. I am currently seeing a girl (My fiancee) we genuinely love each other and we want to walk the isle very soon but we are both AS genotype, we love each other so much that it is hard to let go ( we re not even considering it in the first place) please what are the chances of having a sickle cell child. I love her so much and it is mutual, we re both very good Christians and we re trusting God for a miracle.

Please help me with ur intelligent verdict, no insults I beg u..

Thanks
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Don't!!! Unless you have strong faith of not procreating SS kids. Think about the future not the present. Think about d emotional and financial drain.... Tor
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by dhardline(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
For the sake of your children please don't. It will not only drain you emotionally but also financially should any of your children turn out to be SS.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by vitalisdiho(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Cogitate like a depredator and acts like a military man
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by holuwajobar(m): 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
If u really want a better future fr ur kid den do d right tin...i min cancel dah relationship....As + As will result to SS....unfortunately, d fest kid might be SS...dnt even try to go on wit dah relationship

1 Like

Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by baeboo: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
love does not conquer all in this case.
No blame village people when the trouble go start. yanga dey sleep trouble go wake am

Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by IamPatriotic(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Please and please don't go ahead,the time of ignorance has passed, don't tempt God, you hate each other like sh!t if after having the knowledge that you aren't compatible and you still went ahead with marriage and unfortunately have sickle cell anemia children.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by ojun50(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Forget about strong faith here, don't think about it @all i knw is painful to let go of d one u love bt u guys hv to face reality here. If u want to knw hw bad hvin a kid who has ss met with there parent or d kids then u see hw it is.
I ended my 5 year relationship because of it bt still i jst hv to move on.
Don't think about it, forget faith in dis issue.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by Olalan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kindly end the relationship it's not easy raising sickle cell kids, the pains of the child and the anxieties their parents go through are better avoided.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by olasaad(f): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
It's better u let it go because the stress of raising SS child can break ur love in future and also for the sake of the unborn child because there is nothing like divine intervention in this as most time God always test those who so much believe in Him.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by adegoks1234(m): 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bro, I think you know what you have to do. You probably think there will be some people here who will advise you otherwise. Please don't. Trust me, this is one battle you don't wanna fight.

Statistically, It means for every conception, there is a one in four chance, it would end in the delivery of a sickled-cell child. But it's more than that, it also means that you could end up having sickled-cell kids in all your conceptions.

As sad and painful as it is to end the relationship , it is nothing compared to the horrors of raising a Sickler as a child. If you really really love your future children, this is one union that shouldn't proceed.

Love can't conquer this one bro. May God help you make the right decision.
Re: AS + AS, Please Should I Go Ahead by freshyabstel: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
Wow! Thanks everyone, I am super grateful and I've gained a lot from you incisive contribution. I will heed to the advice and will put an end to the relationship, thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Medical Supplies Forces LUTH To Postpone Surgeries / Mango:health Benefits And Side Effects / Here Are The 10 Signs Of Low Testosterone In Men Around The Age Of 35 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.