Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Making Babies Without Eggs May Be Possible, Say Scientists - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Making Babies Without Eggs May Be Possible, Say Scientists (488 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Woman Gives Birth To 11 Babies WITHOUT C-section Delivery / Ebola Now Curable After Trials Of Drugs In DRC, Say Scientists / 'RENT A WOMB’: Women Who Make Babies Without Uterus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Babies Without Eggs May Be Possible, Say Scientists by healthscholar: 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
They have succeeded in creating healthy baby mice by tricking sperm into believing they were fertilising normal eggs.

The findings in Nature Communications, could, in the distant future, mean women can be removed from the baby-making process, say the researchers.
For now, the work helps to explain some of the details of fertilisation.
End of mum and dad?
University of Bath (UK) scientists started with an unfertilised egg in their experiments.
They used chemicals to trick it into becoming a pseudo-embryo.
These “fake” embryos.....how possible is this findings finding.....
i went to this website and i found out this...http://www.thecliniq.org/2016/09/baby-born-with-tongue-twice-the-size-of-her-mouth-finally-learns-to-laugh-after-surgery-photos/

Re: Making Babies Without Eggs May Be Possible, Say Scientists by Oblitz(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
post the whole news here
Re: Making Babies Without Eggs May Be Possible, Say Scientists by kheengjay(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
just waiting for the day science will make a baby with sperm (spermatozoa) i'll just jejely carry my load n leave earth wolaiyi

(1) (Reply)

Saffron Tea! / Five Things You Didn’t Know About Your Period / Waist pain experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.