Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,818 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam (19407 Views)

Slaughtering For The Sake Of Allah / The Known Existing Books Of Allah I / "The Name Of Allah Written On The Ground By Ants" - Man Praises God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ismullahil A'azam are greatest names of our Creator that HE ask us to use in praying to him. These names are so Excellent that your prayer might be accepted faster because you have followed the right channel of asking Allah your needs.

This is a great opportunity for you to learn the authentic names as they are not easily found even on search engines. Infact I had to do assignment before I was taught these prayers. Some of these names can be found in the Quran while others are embedded in Dua's in the hadith of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.

It should be noted the names compiled in 99 names of Allah book are only a hard-work of Scholars that put them in place. Although many are correct, some have no qualitative reference to back them. In this thread we will focus only on the authentic names.

Suratul A'araf - Verse 180

ﻭَﻟِﻠَّﻪِ ﺍﻟْﺄَﺳْﻤَﺎﺀُ ﺍﻟْﺤُﺴْﻨَﻰٰ ﻓَﺎﺩْﻋُﻮﻩُ ﺑِﻬَﺎ ۖ ﻭَﺫَﺭُﻭﺍ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﻳُﻠْﺤِﺪُﻭﻥَ ﻓِﻲﺃَﺳْﻤَﺎﺋِﻪِ ۚ ﺳَﻴُﺠْﺰَﻭْﻥَ ﻣَﺎ ﻛَﺎﻧُﻮﺍ ﻳَﻌْﻤَﻠُﻮﻥَ

And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing.

Allah – there is no deity except Him. To Him belong the best names. Surat Taha 20:8

Narrated Abu Huraira: Prophet Muhammad SAW said, “Allah has ninety-nine names, i.e. one-hundred minus one, and whoever knows them will go to Paradise.” Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 50 Hadith 894

In a hadith the Messenger of Allah has stated "To Allah belongs a Grand Name, that, if you make a du'a with it, it will be responded to. And if you plead or request with it, it shall be answered."

So it other words whatever is asked by this 'Great Name' Allah will for sure fullfill it Inshallah.

The question now is what are these names and which prayers are some of these names are embedded in ?

We will look at them one after Other InshaAllah.

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Suratul Hashr Chapter 59 Verse 22-24

ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻱ ﻟَﺎ ﺇِﻟَٰﻪَ ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﻫُﻮَ ۖ ﻋَﺎﻟِﻢُ ﺍﻟْﻐَﻴْﺐِ ﻭَﺍﻟﺸَّﻬَﺎﺩَﺓِ ۖ ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟﺮَّﺣْﻤَٰﻦُ ﺍﻟﺮَّﺣِﻴﻢ
ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﺍﻟَّﺬِﻱ ﻟَﺎ ﺇِﻟَٰﻪَ ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟْﻤَﻠِﻚُ ﺍﻟْﻘُﺪُّﻭﺱُ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻠَﺎﻡُ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻦُ ﺍﻟْﻤُﻬَﻴْﻤِﻦُ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺰِﻳﺰُ ﺍﻟْﺠَﺒَّﺎﺭُ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺘَﻜَﺒِّﺮُ ۚ ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﻋَﻤَّﺎ ﻳُﺸْﺮِﻛُﻮﻥ.

ﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﺍﻟْﺨَﺎﻟِﻖُ ﺍﻟْﺒَﺎﺭِﺉُ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺼَﻮِّﺭُ ﻟَﻪُ ﺍﻟْﺄَﺳْﻤَﺎﺀُ ﺍﻟْﺤُﺴْﻨَﻰٰ ۚ ﻳُﺴَﺒِّﺢُ ﻟَﻪُ ﻣَﺎ ﻓِﻲ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻤَﺎﻭَﺍﺕِ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺄَﺭْﺽِ ۖ ﻭَﻫُﻮَ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺰِﻳﺰُ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻜِﻴﻢ

It's not possible for me to bold or colored each name. But in the last verse after the names have been listed. It's To says Lahul Asmaul Husana - To him belong the best names

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Two Most Expensive Ismul Lahil A'azam Prayers

Are you writing exam? Do you want your problem solved? What exactly are your problems. This multi purpose prayer is a solution to all.

It was narrated from Abdullah bin Buraidah that his father said the Messenger of Allah heard a man say;

‘Allahumma! Inni as’aluka bi-annaka Antallahul-Ahadus- Samad, alladhi lam yalid wa lam yuwlad, wa lam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad."

(O Allah! I ask You by virtue of Your being Allah, the One, the Self-Sufficient Master, Who begets not nor was begotten, and there is none co-equal or comparable to Him).’

The Messenger of Allah said: ‘He has asked Allah by His Greatest Name, which if He is asked thereby He gives, and if He is called upon thereby He answers.” (Sahih, Tirmidhi, 3857)

Second One

It was narrated that Anas bin Malik said: “The Prophet heard a man say:

‘Allahumma! Inni as’aluka bi-anna lakal-hamd. La illlaha illa Anta, wahdaka la sharika laka. Al-Mannan. Badi ‘ussamawati wal ard. Dhul-jalali wal-ikram (O Allah! I ask You by virtue of the fact that all praise is due to You; none has the right to be worshiped but You alone, and You have no partner or associate, the Bestower, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, the Possessor of majesty and honor.)’

He salallahu alayhi wasalam said: ‘He has asked Allah by His Greatest Name which, if He is asked thereby He gives and if He is called upon thereby He answers.’ (Tirmidhi)

In some places Alhayyu Al-qayyumu is added in the immediate Prayer above.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Some the names in list

1. Allahu
2. Al-Mannanu
3. Ya Zuljalali Wal'ikram
4. Ya Hayyu Ya-qayyumu
5. As-Samadu

When praying with these names always make sure part of the sahada is among. I.e Testifying there is no deity worthy of worship. Huwal lahul lazi La'ilaha illa Huwa (anta) .. because it often appears in some of the verses these names were mentioned.

Feel free to add yours but with sunnatic proofs.

5 Likes

Re: The Greatest Names Of Allah - Ismullahil Allah A'azam by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Following

(1) (Reply)

Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) / An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / Any News On when we are to start Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.