Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) (20013 Views)

Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting / Why Muslim Have No Sit In The Mosque / The Prophet Of Islam (S. A. W) Did Not Marry A 9 Year Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Wants to marry Christian woman

I like one girl, and we are gonna get WED in future. My parents are fully agreed with my decision, so her parents. Everything is going alright. The problem I am encounted with is, "She is Christian."

While discussing with each others, I have asked her to Embrace ISLAM, And I have been given many information regarding islam so she can understand each and everything, It seems she doesnt want to EMBRACE islam. As she said " I am very very strong christian, I just cannot accept any faith than christianity, I cannot become muslim. She doesnt eat pork, nor, does she drinks, She is a Chaste lady with her true feelings and a Clean heart.

This is true that she has nothing against my faith. She is agree to accept me with my faith and she wants me accept her with her faith, and the children would be MUSLIMS. This is what we have decided so far. Some of my friend adviced me to FORCE her to EMBRACE ISLAM, Like threaten "I won't marry you if you dont Embrace islam" This is what my friend adviced me, But as far as I realize, This wouldnt be fair at all. please Tellme Should i force her to become muslim? I guess, to embrace islam she must have the feelings that ALLAH is one and she should have the real feelings instead of fake feelings.

I dont want to force her cause I scare, that IF she becomes muslim JUST to show me, JUST to get married with me, Its gonna be SIN on me. I want she to become muslim from her true feelings and real feelings with that ALLAH is one and he is the god. I am trying my best to provide her knowledge of islam and to showing her the right path. Please tellme Should i force her?

IF she refuses to embrace Islam, Can i marry her? Can I and her get married and lives as husband and wife?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has permitted us to marry Jewish and Christian woman, on condition that they are chaste and avoid zina (unlawful sexual relations), and that the wali (guardian) of that Christian woman is a Muslim. Evidence here can be found in Al-Maa'idah 5:5.

What is meant by chaste is refraining from zina (unlawful sexual relationships).

However, we do not advise you to marry a non-Muslim woman, nor do we advise you to marry just any Muslim woman. For married life is not based only on beauty and attraction, rather the wise Muslim must look with insight at what is beyond that, because he needs to be sure that his house will be looked after in his absence, and he needs to bring up his children, and he will not be able to find that or other things which every wise husband seeks, except with a religious Muslim woman. This is the advice of our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman may be married for four reasons: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Choose the one who is religious, may your hands be rubbed with dust [i.e., may you prosper].”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4802; Muslim, 1466).

Al-Nawawi said:

The correct meaning of this hadeeth is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was describing what people usually do, for they seek these four characteristics, the last of which in their view is religious commitment, but you, the one who is seeking guidance, should look for a wife who is religious. But this is not an absolute command.

This hadeeth encourages keeping company with people who are religiously committed in all things, because the one who keeps company with them will benefit from their good attitude and morals, their blessing and their good ways, and he will be safe from mischief at their hands.

Sharh Muslim, 10/52

But marriage to women of the People of the Book leads to a great deal of mischief and trouble, such as:

1. He may have to be courteous to this wife of his at the expense of his religion, especially if she is “very committed” to her own religion. This may mean that she will hang up crosses and go to the church, and the children will not be safe in this environment. This can be seen in the lives of famous Muslims who married Christian ladies.

2. She is not going to wash properly after finishing her period, or tell him not to have intercourse with her when she is menstruating; she is going to make him do something that is wrong according to sharee’ah and cause him physical harm.

3. He is going to be put in an embarrassing situation because of her careless attitude concerning dress and her mixing with men and speaking to them.

4. The states and governments of these women of the Book will be on their side and will give them custody of the children if differences arise and divorce takes place. This will cause these children to be lost and to fall into kufr. Such cases are too well known to need mentioning here and too many to count.

One of the poets said:

“Marriage to a Christian is an abhorrent action which leads to the kufr of the children for sure.

Whoever accepts for a child of his to be a kaafir is himself a kaafir, even if he claims to be a Muslim.

A man may become a kaafir, following his wife, and enter the Fire of Hell forever.

You must look for one who is religiously committed, if you want a sound marriage.

Forget about the people of kufr and beware of marrying them, for that will lead to a lot of evil.

The children of such a marriage will not be guided; they will swell the ranks of evildoers.

Secondly:

It is not permissible for you to force your Christian wife – if you do marry her – to become Muslim. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taaghoot [falsehood, false gods] and believes in Allaah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allaah is All-Hearer, All-Knower”

[al-Baqarah 2:256]

Ibn Katheer said:

Allaah says: “There is no compulsion in religion” meaning: do not force anyone to enter Islam, for it is obvious and clear, and its proof and evidence are apparent. There is no need to force anyone to enter it, rather whomever Allaah guides to Islam and opens his heart to it and illuminates his insight will enter it with conviction; but whoever Allaah makes blind in his heart and seals his hearing and insight will not benefit from being compelled to enter the religion by force. They said that the reason for the revelation of this verse was concerning some people among the Ansaar, even though this ruling is general.

Tasfeer Ibn Katheer, 1/311

We advise you – once again (he who wishes to marry a Kitabi) – to leave the Kitabi woman and to pray to Allaah to guide his heart to that which is in the best interests of your religion. So long as you give her up for the sake of Allaah, then you should be certain that Allaah will replace her for you with someone better, for whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better.

And Allaah knows best.

Source

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2018
undecided Just see the advice from the friends smh.

They always want to force everything.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by MooreJozo(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
really

1 Like

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by dbos11(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2018
Abeg na who fit summarize that long epistle for me

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by phemmyflexxy(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2018
Noted
Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by jaid23: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2018
Hmm.. May Allah guide us

5 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by jegz25(m): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2018
It always baffles me how Christans are quick to condemn Muslims,insult Islam, mock Allah, call Muslims all sorts of things. And yet they claim to be good Christians,that they are more loving, more tolerant and peaceful. And when you look at it you hardly see a Muslim insulting Christan, Christianity or their ways.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Liemuhammed: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2018
I'm not a muslim and will never be one,accepting i'm a muslim on nairaland changes nothing.

There are mixed marriages like that doing fine. And who even care to marry your muslim guys

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Lukgaf(m): 9:26am On Aug 31, 2018
Jazakumlah khaeran. if you do not agree, ask saraki, tinubu, ajimobi, fasola and all those politicians whose wives are Ahlu lkitab

10 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2018
Must she become a Muslim before you can marry her? this is absolute bullshît.

Fashola's wife is still a Christian. I find those guys who convert to Islam because of marriage really disgusting .

You shouldn't convert to Islam or Christianity before they'll allow you to marry one of them.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Dindondin(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Lukgaf:
Jazakumlah khaeran. if you do not agree, ask saraki, tinubu, ajimobi, fasola and all those politicians whose wives are Ahlu lkitab
If not think that some people are just religiously mad, they ll know marriage isn't compulsion. What if the case is of a Christian bro that wants to marry a Muslim lady?

1 Like

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Dindondin(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2018
jegz25:
It always baffles me how Christians are quick to condemn Muslims,insult Islam, mock Allah, call Muslims all sorts of things. And yet they claim to be good Christians,that they are more loving, more tolerant and peaceful. And when you look at it you hardly see a Muslim insulting Christan, Christianity or their ways.
You are a not serious. Haven't you seen your brothers too insulting us before. Hypocrite

26 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Rilwayne001: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2018
Smh
Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by NobodyKnows(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2018
So many pained intolerant Christians on this thread .
Go to hell! All of you!

9 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by Oyindebrah(f): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2018
This is uneccesary, people can do what they want to do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) by jegz25(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2018
Dindondin:
You are a not serious. Haven't you seen your brothers too insulting us before. Hypocrite
the only hypocrites here is you Christian folks. You always talk about tolerance, but you insult Islam. Note I said hardly you see a Muslim insulting Christans but you people do it all the time. So who are the hypocrites and intolerant people here?

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? / Why Is Pork Haram? / Punishment For Neglecting Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.