Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' (852 Views)

Wizkid Looks Like A Child - Slay Queen Reacts To Wizkid's New Shirtless Video / Davido Reacts To Wizkid’s New Pet Goat. / Ahmed, Wizkid's New Artiste, Celebrates With Family And Friends (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' by geopreneur(m): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sorry music patriots, Wizkid is not doing it the way you think he will. He isn’t chasing the ‘Nigerian’ sound’ that you had high hopes that he will.

He isn’t doing ‘Tungba’ music either. What he is chasing is totally different from the sounds that many Nigerians expect him to push. Instead he is going the way of the Caribbean, and creating music that is cool experimentation of their dancehall template.

On newly leaked song with Drake ‘Hush up the silence’, the Caribbean vibe is on again, with Wizkid owning the riddims from the moment he opens up his mouth.
“Came into the game, no one replace me/Mi love mine and she straight with no chaser/I love my guys, know mi all about mi paper/Mi got mi girls all around me, mi no chaser, yah/Starboy, call me number one/When mi tune drop, the girls, they bounce along/Mi no like nothing come between me and mi paper/So when mi come inna di place, mi undertaker,” he rhymes.
Drake too continues where he left off on the “Views” album. He is all reggaeton and chill on the record. “Too mix up in drama to go outside/Too mix up in drama to free my mind/Jealous people around me, I need to change my life/I just turn colder every time I try/What would I do without you, my chargi?/I don’t feel that way with anybody/Tell me your secrets, I’m not messy/Steady it for me, girl, hold steady,” he spits.

DOWNLOAD THE SONG VIA GOOGLE.
Re: Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' by Drinokrane: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ok

Re: Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Whatever Bruh, Mi Love Wizkid All Da Way.
Re: Wizkid's New Song With Drake Shows He Is No Longer 'nigerian' by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Op

(1) (Reply)

You Won't Believe The Comment A Fellow Lady Left On Lilian Esoro's Page / Banky W's Sweet Message his "TWedding Party" Co Star Adesua Etomi / The Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.