Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,370 members, 7,822,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Stress And Anxiety - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stress And Anxiety (668 Views)

How Do I Manage Panic And Anxiety Attacks / Where Can I Get Stress And Anxiety Drugs / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stress And Anxiety by mosqit: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
Prolonged stress is much like sticking your hand in a cool pan of water and slowly heating it up to boiling point. Stress hormones can gradually build up inside us and make us feel constantly on edge and fatigued. We might experience frequent headaches, nausea, tingling sensations and shallow breathing. These same sensations can be felt when we experience panic symptoms only with less intensity.

Stress and anxiety can keep you awake at night. People who are stressed might feel totally exhausted but feel physically and mentally charged at night. Stress hormones and adrenaline rushes around their body making them feel restless and tense. They may have thoughts of dread and worry and find it difficult to relax as if they're ready to explode.

Don't ignore stress and panic symptoms until they get out of control, which is what most people do. Proactively try and reduce stress and anxiety by using self help and relaxation techniques. When these stress hormones stay in our body too long they can cause serious health problems. They can weaken the immune system and lead to other problems such as insomnia, depression and obesity.

call me on 08068926512 or see more on my blog at bookiebuster-mosqit@.com

(1) (Reply)

Essential Nutrition For Kids / World Aids Day ? / Poultry Will Surely Bring Heath And Wealth In Nigeria. Find This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.