Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Syrian Refugee, Sarah Mardini After Helped Saved 18 Fellow Refugee Now Volunteer - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syrian Refugee, Sarah Mardini After Helped Saved 18 Fellow Refugee Now Volunteer (328 Views)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Saudi Arabia Can't Take A Single Syrian Refugee, Why Should Trump ? / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Syrian Refugee, Sarah Mardini After Helped Saved 18 Fellow Refugee Now Volunteer by edewojames(m): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sarah Mardini a Syrian girl from Damascus who learn to swim before she could could together with her sister Yusra Mardini, now volunteers with Emergency Response Centre International (ERCI), a Greek, non-governmental humanitarian organization that assists refugees in distress at sea to reach the island, as a lifeguard.

Sarah joined this volunteer team after fleeing from war turn Syria in August 2015. Through that dangerous journey, across the she and her sister saved 18 fellow refugee in their engine failed boat.

She work as a volunteer with a team of for persons each of them are expert as a rescuer, skipper, medic, and translator.

She said that when her team is on the mission to save refugee, she usually calm refugee who can not swim by saying "I know what you feel because I’ve been through it. I lived it, and I survived."

According to United Nation Refugee Agency, more than 5,000 lives have been lost, especially in the central Mediterranean sea route.

Read here to see her photos
http://jeremiahjamesinfo..com/2017/01/syrian-refugee-sarah-mardini-after.html

(1) (Reply)

Famous Footballer Named In Terror Watch List. / Full Transcript Of The Inaugural Address Of The US President Donald Trump / Boko Haram Kills 5 UN Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.