Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos (20080 Views)

Weapons Recovered From Alfred Robinson, An Armed Robber In Asaba (Video) / Blade: One-Eyed Serial Killer, Sunday Paul, Arrested In Ogun / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by jospepper(m): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2017
One eyed Sunday.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by TASZIE(m): 11:45am On Jan 16, 2017
Akpan and the smugglers.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by kenoz(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2017
It's funny tho
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Mufasa27(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Who knows the story of "one eyed Sunday?". We read in a book in high school.
Hehehehehe grin
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by IVORY2009(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2017
The part that scared me most "As u dey see me, I am very serious, so do well, or na today ur life dey end so" grin I could remember 2005 wen one of my brother was admitted in one hospital close to Herbert Macul. Rd yaba, wen we came visiting, na has the motor dey move with motion, na so I take enter, no stopping on that rd.... grin Montgomery rd....
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by 2shur: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
next time lay ambush for him.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by hon3sty(m): 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
really
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by chronique(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

I remember that story. Unfortunately and coincidentally, we had a classmate who actually had one eye and his name was sunday... The very day we read that story, sunday was in class, sitting next to the reader. That's how romade kept yelling "one eye sunday " from the back of the classroom during lectures and the who class erupted into laughter.

1 Like

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by IVORY2009(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
LegendaryArnold:
Na to dey on the watch for anybody with one eye at yaba

"As u dey see me so, I am very serious, so do well, or na today ur life dey end so" grin grin watch out!!
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Akbaba3310(m): 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abi godogodo don escape prison?
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by alaskido(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
My brother thank God for your life. That was a very good exercise you did running. Next time get home on time or call UBER for a ride to avoid all these area boys from robbing you.

1 Like

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by makavele: 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2017
doskie:
You are wise. A pistol has a short range. Run! Wind deflects the bullet across a short distance.

You r deceiving yourself ..

A 9mm pistol in the hands of an unskilled shooter can kill you at 25 meters; but in the hand of an expert
or hardened criminal; it will kill you easily from 900 meters; yes
you heard that right, 900 meters
The distance from where the Okada man was standing/running to the other side of the road across the divider
isn't more than 50-70 meters for a multi-lane expressway
. . so you are as good as dead . . .
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Rose Mary Uwemedimo: Akpan and the Smugglers

I read the book in 2001. I think it was in the African Writers Junior Series

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Bigcake: 12:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Akpan and the Smugglers...
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Bigcake: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fedayeen02:
INtensive English grin
You lied, the novel is "Akpan and the Smugglers".....

u been no dey enter class ....Lol
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Missmossy(f): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2017
Scary thank God for him grin
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by seeyouin2019: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
You just had an encounter with one eyed sunday..
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by logica(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
makavele:

A 9mm pistol in the hands of an unskilled shooter can kill you at 25 meters; but in the hand of an expert
Haba! Pistol shot hitting target at 900 meters? shocked Careful my man.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by buffalowings: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

I do
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by buffalowings: 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
frisky2good:
Na so dem take slap collect one itel 5900 wey the screen don crack for my hand last week. Stupid thieves. I can imagine the way dem go dey nack head for coal tar when dem realize say the phone na 6500 Naira for new. My own get fone lock, screen don crack and e don old like fone wey dem use for business centre.

I remember one lady narrating how she was robbed of her necklace in lagos

Yo know the kind slap wey person go tear you.. and you will see tears rolling down you cheeks even though you were not crying.

Hope the slap no reach. cheesy
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by makavele: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
logica:
Haba! Pistol shot hitting target at 900 meters? shocked Careful my man.

I repeat, in the hands of a skilled shooter e.g. a Marine, or SWAT team, a 9mm glock
can kill you at 900 meters !!!

Accuracy might be reduced; but you will definitely be hit !!!

I have seen people hit 300m plus with both eyes closed
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by frisky2good(m): 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
Piss fly comot for my prick even though piss no catch me before the slap so I believe my own slap hot pass the person wey tears comot for her eye.

buffalowings:

I remember one lady narrating how she was robbed of her necklace in lagos

Yo know the kind slap wey person go tear you.. and you will see tears rolling down you cheeks even though you were not crying.

Hope the slap no reach. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by buffalowings: 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
frisky2good:
Piss fly comot for my prick even though piss no catch me before the slap so I believe my own slap hot pass the person wey tears comot for her eye.

Eeeya
Sorry o grin
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by logica(m): 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
makavele:

I repeat, in the hands of a skilled shooter e.g. a Marine, or SWAT team, a 9mm glock
can kill you at 900 meters !!!

Accuracy might be reduced; but you will definitely be hit !!!

I have seen people hit 300m plus with both eyes closed

If you define effective range as distance that a shooter can deliver a hit to a man sized target, then the maximum effective range for a 9mm round fired from a handgun is about 1800 meters. If that sounds like a ridiculously long distance, that's because it is. It takes into account match grade ammo fired from a perfectly maintained weapon being fired by a skilled marksman in a stable shooting position aiming at a motionless target at a known distance in perfect environmental conditions.

Average effective range for an average shooter with average equipment on an average day? Significantly less. Honestly that's just too many factors to account for.

A reasonably skilled shooter with a 9mm handgun should be able to put rounds on a man sized target out to a hundred yards on a practice range, 200 yards tops if the gods are smiling. In real word, life or death self defense shootings it is not uncommon for shooters to miss man size targets up to 70% of the time within a few yards distance.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-average-effective-range-of-a-9mm-round-fired-from-a-handgun
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by symbianDON(m): 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
the guy was really SHOCK at the end of the story

Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Toscoas2(m): 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
See older women, i remember reading d story in Intensive English 2/3.
Hope u don marry because u don old like Methuselah. lol
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by derolemode(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
doskie:
You are wise. A pistol has a short range. Run! Wind deflects the bullet across a short distance.
difine short distance in relation to pistol range sighting two personal examples
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by doskie(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
makavele:

The distance from where the Okada man was standing/running to the other side of the road across the divider
isn't more than 50-70 meters for a multi-lane expressway
. . so you are as good as dead . . .
oboy! My soldier friends just dey feed me with rubbish info all this while. Na so i for go kiill myself. Hmm... Na wa oh. So you don't advice anyone to run zig zag.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by doskie(m): 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Or just jejely give him the bag.

A moving target is hard to shoot, but on the other hand you could be unlucky and the shooter gets his aim.
you're right sha. But there's a particular amount that can be in that bag during this recession, you go just say Make you try your luck. Because if you go back home empty handed, you will still face death by hunger. Well sha, die na die no be lie.
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by makavele: 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by makavele: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
doskie:
oboy! My soldier friends just dey feed me with rubbish info all this while. Na so i for go kiill myself. Hmm... Na wa oh. So you don't advice anyone to run zig zag.

my first advice is you surrender the contents the assailant is asking for . . . money lost can be regained; life cannot
if the assailant is a novice, which you can easily tell by the way he is holding/pointing the gun,
you can make a run for it (zig zag style)
but if he knows his onions, zig zag wont work . . . yes, its harder to hit a moving target
but if he watches your "zigs" for a few seconds, he can easily predict your next "zags"
and boom, you'd be running straight into a waiting bullet
but it depends on d shooter though . . . he has to be trained but dont take chances
you cannot outrun a bullet
Re: Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bmdacutie:
I remember one eyed Sunday. He had a poker face too.Even when he was all decked in a shirt tucked in pants, he looked scary. His story was culled from Akpan and the Smugglers.
Beautiful books that made growing up a dream. Ah the nostalgia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective / 11-Year-Old Boy Throws Toddler Into Well In Lagos, Remanded By Court / Wadume: Dolapo Badmus Speaks On Re-Arrest Of Kidnap Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.