Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

My first child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My first child (3929 Views)

Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / 62-Year-Old Man And 57-Year-Old Deaconess Owoade Welcome Their First Child / Man Welcomes First Child At 87 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My first child by absoluteSuccess: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2017
Life always finds its own course. This time around yesterday, I never know I will be a father, we still have three months to go and I was making frantic effort to get a befitting accommodation for mother and child after the november 19th wedding. We 'did it' and the baby clicked. I'd never impregnated a woman in my life, and I'm not ready to terminate a gift from God. Meaning, my wife was four months on on before our wedding.

We had a suspension from church for putting one another in a family way before the wedding night. I have no regret about the pregnancy, but I would have waited, I've seen now that the doctrine of the church is many times for our own good. If I've waited, I won't have the present debacle, although a part of me believe that I can't escape my custom-made-tribulation.

So yesterday, we were gorgeously dressed for church when my wife began to experience pains. I felt that she's get better once we get to church. We were on the first stanza of the hym when she went upstairs and was wallowing in pains, I am used to this, so I went to get her snacks across the street.

Before I came back, the ministers has converged and liberated her and lift the suspension and they also prepared a car to take her to the hospital ready. Off we went to the hospital for medical support.Alas, for good 3 hours, my wife was in excruciatingpains. That's when I came to appreciate that I'm sitting on a long thing.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2017
Soon as we arrived at the hospital, she was taken upstairs to the wards for immediate attention, but the pains will not stop. I prayed, I bind and cast as should a believer, I wander where the going will lead. Then the truth was told me that my wife is having pre-term labour.

I was devastated when the nurse in charge said the cervice is open and the child will come down before term.

I prayed like I never prayed before but the pain will not stop. I was hoping on miracle, I was talking to God and telling my wife to act brave to help the retention of the baby. At last, she was taken to the delivery room and there another drama unfolds.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 10:12am On Jan 16, 2017
Let me save you some details, its not as if premature birth never happens, but for the miracle of life that I witnessed yesterday. After I gave up telling my wife not to push, she did eventually whhen nature overwhelmed her and after sometime, the baby was out. I asked if the baby can make it.

I wept bitterly when I was told the child has slim chances of survival. I looked at the little child and kissed it and showed it to my wife too. He was jerking one at a time. I told him as I foundle his minute body that 'we will meet again at the feet of christ. So I went back to my wife to console her.

Like an hour after, the nurse came and asked me to get two nylon bags to dispose off the stuffs. My wife discovered that the baby is still much alive and may have the chance to survive. I called the doctor in charge and immediately they spring to action to give this child a chance to live.

2 Likes

Re: My first child by TheArchangel(f): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: My first child by megareal: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2017
So what happened?

1 Like

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2017
This is a child expelled by massive fibroid from where it ought to be for nine months, this is a child that the scan said his conception is extra-ordinary by virtue of how he was sorrounded by fibroids and was not terminated by them, this was a child I was waiting for to breath his last so I can dispose off him, not until the word from his mum gave me a new hope.

When I saw how this child came into this world and how the word of his mother saved him from apparent death, I come to appreciate that there is a spiritual chord of life between the mother and child beyond the ordinary.

And when I saw how this child struggle to survive, it makes me understand that the will to survive must come first from withing the subconscious soul of a being. I've learn something.

1 Like

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2017
megareal:
So what happened?

I am just told that I lost the baby by the doctor.

He was incubated since yesterday.

To God be the glory.

Thanks friends.

2 Likes

Re: My first child by megareal: 10:52am On Jan 16, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

To God be the glory.

Thanks friends.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its painful, but it is well. Please do well to console your wife, another baby will come soon.

Btw, don't ever think for one minute that it's a punishment from God. Take care.

Modified*

I just read your last post before my reply. Ensure to get the fibroids operated on after she recovers to give her a better chance at another pregnancy. Choose an expert on that field to avoid complications. Six months to a year after the operation is ideal to try for another pregnancy. My prayers are with you.

10 Likes

Re: My first child by TheArchangel(f): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

To God be the glory.

Thanks friends.
For real??
As in, baby is gone or what??
Is the baby in the incubator?
I ain't getting you bro. cry cry cos I hate sad news.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 10:56am On Jan 16, 2017
megareal:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its painful, but it is well. Please do well to console your wife, another baby will come soon.

Btw, don't ever think for one minute that it's a punishment from God. Take care.

Thanks bro.

Can't hold back tears.
Re: My first child by TheArchangel(f): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2017
megareal:

Is that what he meant...dead, huh?? So sad right now.

Op, sorry for your loss sir. Do not blame yourself.....I repeat ...do not under any circumstances blame yourself or you will become a shadow of yourself and may even plunge your blossoming life into depression.

2 Likes

Re: My first child by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Scam alert. be careful people.

4 Likes

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2017
I must confess that I have earlier want to seek help for the survival of the child as the cost of incubator is N100K per week and we are scheduled for 5 weeks.

Albeit I don't have that much for the last few month expenses, and I won't mind stooping low just to save my child. That shouldn't be difficult to do I think.

But it is well, my pleasant child. We"ll meet at the feet of christ.

2 Likes

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2017
He was here just yesterday.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2017
AngelsAndStars:

Thank you.
Re: My first child by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Take heart @absoluteSuccess, may the Lord console you and bless your family soon. Pls try and be there for your wife. It is advisable to get the fibroids removed before trying to conceive again. May God put smiles on your faces in the nearest future.

AngelsAndStars:

You should have at least read through the thread before jumping to conclusions.

7 Likes

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:
Take heart @absoluteSuccess, may the Lord console you and bless your family soon. Pls try and be there for your wife. It is advisable to get the fibroids removed before trying to conceive again. May God put smiles on your faces in the nearest future.

I appreciate.
Re: My first child by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:

a scam will always have a sweet format. just be careful and verify well before you help anyone on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My first child by dominique(f): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
a scam will always have a sweet format. just be careful and verify well before you help anyone on nairaland.

Trust me I can smell a scammer from kilometers away and we've busted quite a few on this section. I know a cry for help threads is a potential scam but we have to exercise patience watch which direction the threadstarter is going before we go on and yell SCAM. In particular situation where the op has withdrawn his request for help as the baby did not make it, should we still tag it as scam?
True, there are plenty of scammers on the net looking to dupe well-meaning people but there are one or two people that genuinely need help.

1 Like

Re: My first child by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:

Trust me I can smell a scammer from kilometers away and we've busted quite a few on this section. I know a cry for help threads is a potential scam but we have to exercise patience watch which direction the threadstarter is going before we go on and yell SCAM. In particular situation where the op has withdrawn his request for help as the baby did not make it, should we still tag it as scam?
True, there are plenty of scammers on the net looking to dupe well-meaning people but there are one or two people that genuinely need help.
that's true. even me need help. I need another job. one I can sit in AC and receive at least 150k after tax. am tired of my current job. it's too risky traveling all round Nigeria though it's fun. and sun wan kill me.

in case you want to help. thanks.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:

My wife was actually against this idea, but I said I'm familiar with this environment. I can't wait for help when its between life and death. I've been here for sometime, I can't wait on family promises, I can't run faster than my income can take me and at least you can't tell who might be reading.

That however is over now.

My business is doing relatively fine, I had only feared the child's survival will be grounded if I don't act fast and seek help. But he's gone back to the giver. I don't need help to save a dead baby now.

I respect the courage of men when they seek help from others and I believe God always bless helpers in return.
Re: My first child by dominique(f): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
that's true. even me need help. I need another job. one I can sit in AC and receive at least 150k after tax. am tired of my current job. it's too risky traveling all round Nigeria though it's fun. and sun wan kill me.

in case you want to help. thanks.

You're not making sense anymore, I'm done explaining to you. Once I spot a real familyland scam thread I'll be sure to tag you and you can compare this with it.

5 Likes

Re: My first child by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:

You're not making sense anymore, I'm done explaining to you. Once I spot a real familyland scam thread I'll be sure to tag you and you can compare this with it.
am serious. I need help too

1 Like

Re: My first child by dominique(f): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

My wife was actually against this idea, but I said I'm familiar with this environment. I can't wait for help when its between life and death. I've been here for sometime, I can't wait on family promises, I can't run faster than my income can take me and at least you can't tell who might be reading.

That however is over now.

My business is doing relatively fine, I had only feared the child's survival will be grounded if I don't act fast and seek help. But he's gone back to the giver. I don't need help to save a dead baby now.

I respect the courage of men when they seek help from others and I believe God always bless helpers in return.

It is well, may you never encounter such a situation again.

AngelsAndStars:
am serious. I need help too

Then create your own thread and state your reasons

1 Like

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2017
dominique:

Thanks dear sister, the fellow you quoted is too proud to be wrong.

I'm a very proud person too but sometimes we are not all-sufficient like God.

A proud person never imagine the day he may need help.

1 Like

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: My first child by Atk1nson(m): 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

As someone's distress call gives you joy and comic relief, you are sending a prayer request of some sort to nature.

I leave you to the One who searches the heart of men.

To give you according to what you have sown.
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks dear sister, the fellow you quoted is too proud to be wrong.

I'm a very proud person too but sometimes we are not all-sufficient like God.

A proud person never imagine the day he may need help.

Abeg no curse the guy, na small pikin they do am.
I also have an uncle that lost a child under similar circumstances. Hope you have now done the needful to make good ur union before God.
Take heart

1 Like

Re: My first child by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

As someone's distress call gives you joy and comic relief, you are sending a prayer request of some sort to nature.

I leave you to the One who searches the heart of men.

To give you according to what you have sown.
bros relax. forgive me. sorry.

2 Likes

Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 3:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Atk1nson:

Abeg no curse the guy, na small pikin they do am.
I also have an uncle that lost a child under similar circumstances. Hope you have now done the needful to make good ur union before God.
Take heart

Thanks pal.

When trouble comes, its easy to forget the next thing to do. I think the best thing now is to seek the face of God. I don't have the courage to go back to my church, unto say 'they too know my story'.

As in, at the initial stage I was told not to do it, lo I did. Because we are at late 30s already. Now am I not a fool at the long run? I can't stand the shame, its become an issue. My mind is divided already.
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Now I think I'm done with the religious sentiments, the hospital where I lost my child were not sentimental about my lost either.

Why am I sentimental about their negligence and air of personal importance to determine the fate of my child that cost me my first child? And the agony that lives on in my mind about him?

I began to wonder, could it be that the bill I'm supposed to pay be more important to the hospital than the life of my child that brought me and this institution together in the first place?

As a father, I see the negligence to attend to the poor boy as an outcome of sizing me up as probably not being financially capable to foot the bill, hence the child was 'delivered to death' even when he was not 'dead on arrival'.

My reason for the above coinage was necessitated because the child was left to death, but was later attended to after an our in the open and was finally dumped the second day when I couldn't drop the 100k initial deposit all at once.

What's the essence of their slogan that they care but God heals? Where is the care given if not for the bills? Why don't I subscribe for mother nature to care in its own way?

Why do I register for ante-natal when its all about their eyes on the bill, not necessarily after your best interest at heart? What did the fortnight complaints of the pregnant woman amounts to on file if it only to be used as weapon of getting rid of a child eventually?

The hospital, the slaughterhouse of the dead.

1 Like

Re: My first child by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is such a personal story why run to nairaland to spill? What do you want to hear

RIP to your son tho
Re: My first child by absoluteSuccess: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
This is such a personal story why run to nairaland to spill? What do you want to hear

RIP to your son tho

I'm human sharing human experience with other humans.

If we share such stories, we are not longing for pity-party, but that men paid to save lives will work hard at it to forestall mortality of mother and child.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce Court: Ungrateful Woman / Please Advice, Its Killing Me Inside / Flats For Rent In Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.