Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas (5170 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
OneJ:

For God so loved the world that HE gave his only begotten son in order that whosoever believe in him will not be DESTROYED, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.
Correct wayo man, Jesus says he would DESTROY unbelievers. Go & quarrel with him. Or make U write your own Bible na !

U wan dey claim say followers of Christ no dey do birthday because na Jewish custom, Kai !!!!!!
In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek. Christianity is not Judaism. Gal3:28.
Your IBERIBEISM in full mode.
Hahahahahahaaaaa !!!

At least you have said that it's only believing in Jesus Christ. It is not by cooking up doctrines from unnamed unverified secular sources authored by pagans, worldly people and people you consider Satan worshippers.
At least Bible did not say joining a publishing company called watchtower organisation will guarantee you everlasting life. Believing in Jesus Christ is all that matters.
Some people believe is by joining the new York based publishing company called watchtower organisation guarantees you everlasting life. They even use a worldly website to coin their doctrines.
Thank God Bible said is only believing in Jesus Christ. Show us where Jesus or Jehovah said if you celebrate birthdays you are not their followers? Till today you can't even mention a verse that states your secular assumption. Jesus is for everybody.

I know is hard to digest the fact that a pagan who pardoned the cupbearer appointed a jehovah's servant second in command. I know it's paining you that jehovah or jesus did not even punish or say pharoah or Herod was bad because they celebrated birthdays.

You that doesn't believe that believing in Jesus is the only means to salvation is busy saying Jesus Christ will destroy unbelievers. You believe that being in watchtower organisation is the only means to salvation and you are here calling another person an unbeliever.
You that has been programmed to think that those not in watchtower organisation are unbelievers is busy saying those that believe in Jesus are unbelievers. I no fit laff
You that points to unnamed unverified secular worldly sources authored by people you consider Satan worshippers to justify your doctrines is calling people who believe only in Jesus and owe no earthly man made organisation allegiance unbelievers. Rotflmao
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
OneJ:

After your lies have been exposed, your brain come remember say U be Nigerian, and as such U no dey follow Jewish custom wey dem no dey celebrate birthdays.. Issoryt. !
Hahahahahahaaaa. !

SERIAL LIAR, Jesus established Christianity not Judaism. Don't get it twisted.
Christ followers, & the first century Christians stuck with their Master's footsteps to shun annual birthday celebrations . That's the proper way for believers of Christ.

So on the last day according to you Jesus will kill me because I am not Jewish. Lol. Show us where the Bible said Christ followers shunned birthday celebrations? Till tomorrow you won't be able to point out any verse. Soon you will soon tell me that Christ followers celebrated the deaths of children and never celebrated the life they lived on earth. I no fit laff o. Everytime you think of the fact that your doctrines are never mentioned in the Bible but rather are contained in articles that are unnamed, unverified, secular and written by pagans, Satan worshippers, wicked, worldly, unrighteous and evil people you shout serial liar.

You that has been lying that God and Jesus say they hate birthday celebrations when it's not even in the Bible is calling someone who has called you out on your assumed beliefs a serial liar. Lol

What cult programming can do to the minds of human beings. No wonder your cult will tell you to kill your children by refusing blood transfusion and you will do it. The power of cult brainwashing is strong sha. Lol
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
OneJ:

A serial liar who speaks with both sides of his mouth, your own family no get history? Let alone mankind in general?
Until U bring incontrovertible evidence to this thread that Encyclopedia Britannica forged the history of Christmas, your own LIE go make Satan give U PhD... Hahahahahahaaaa !!

Does the pagan custom of birthday celebration have any connection with servants of God or followers of Christ? that's the issue at stake.
Because U be correct wayo man, U wan twist the matter upside down.

Nobody here ask U whether pharaoh pardon him cup bearer or give donation to motherless baby orphanage.
Don't get it twisted, wayo man.
Wayo man, what fellowship does the temple of God have with idolatry & paganism? 2Cor 6:14-18.

Lol. Now is nobody here ask you whether pharoah pardoned someone.lol

1st you the Bible only records bad things happening on birthdays so I showed you a part of the Bible you love to hide to propagate your lies that PHAROAH PARDONED THE CUPBEARER ON HIS BIRTHDAY AND THIS ACT EVENTUALLY WAS WHAT MADE JOSEPH SECOND IN COMMAND IN EGYPT.

YOU ARE A CUNNY DECEITFUL HUMAN BEING. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE WHY HIDE THE FACT THAT A GOOD THING HAPPENED ON A BIRTHDAY? BECAUSE YOU WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE UNAWARE OF THAT FACT. YOU CANT SAY HALF A STORY AND DRAW YOUR CONCLUSION FROM THE HALF. YOU MUST SAY THE WHOLE STORY.

See someone calling another person WAYO man. He cannot even give the Bible passage or verse that say Jesus or jehovah hates birthday celebrations. Instead he is telling me that the leaders of his cult told him so because they read an unnamed unverified secular source written by worldly pagans who they consider Satan worshippers.

You think we are zombies/robots/puppets that you can just receive with secular worldly sources and instill fear in us? Think again.
Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
OneJ:
Rottennaija, U resorted to sophistry to justify yourself & U missed the vital point.

Agreed, the angel announced the good news " For today there was born to you in David's city a saviour, who is Christ the lord" Luke2:5-15
In the same manner that everyone rejoices when a child is born, anywhere it occurs.

The Bible is NOT only about Do's & Don'ts. That is why "do not smoke or do not abuse drugs" wasn't written in the Bible.
However, the Bible's righteous principles condemns these vile practices .
"....Dear friends, let us PURIFY OURSELVES from everything that contaminates body & spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" 2Cor 7:1.
In other words, SHUN anything that defiles your body inside &outside ( including over eating & drinking).
This principle applies to annual birthday celebrations. Let's read:

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God, how is it you are turning back to those weak & miserable principles. Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS & MONTHS & SEASONS & YEARS ! I fear for you that some how I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.

History tells us that annual celebration of birthdays was exclusively for pagans,not followers of Christ.

Rottennaija, What fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14-18.

Question 1) Rottennaija, was the birth day of Jesus Christ celebrated every year by Mary& Joseph, aside that day the angel announced his birth?

Q2) Why would the perfect man ,Jesus, forget the celebration of his birthday?

Q3) U have tried so hard to justify birthdays celebration. pls name the men of God before Christ, or among Christ's followers who practiced birthday celebration?

Rottennaija, pls respond.
Shalom.

Please go through this

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
OneJ:
Rottennaija, U resorted to sophistry to justify yourself & U missed the vital point.

Agreed, the angel announced the good news " For today there was born to you in David's city a saviour, who is Christ the lord" Luke2:5-15
In the same manner that everyone rejoices when a child is born, anywhere it occurs.

The Bible is NOT only about Do's & Don'ts. That is why "do not smoke or do not abuse drugs" wasn't written in the Bible.
"....Dear friends, let us PURIFY OURSELVES from everything that contaminates body & spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God" 2Cor 7:1.
In other words, SHUN anything that defiles your body inside &outside ( including over eating & drinking).

"But now that you know God or rather are known by God, how is it you are turning back to those weak & miserable principles. Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS & MONTHS & SEASONS & YEARS ! I fear for you that some how I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.

History tells us that annual celebration of birthdays was exclusively for pagans,not followers of Christ.

Question 1) Rottennaija, was the birth day of Jesus Christ celebrated every year by Mary& Joseph, aside that day the angel announced his birth?

Q3) U have tried so hard to justify birthdays celebration. pls name the men of God before Christ, or among Christ's followers who practiced birthday celebration?

Shalom.

Please go through this continuation

Re: Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas by rottennaija(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
OneJ:

Shalom.

Please go through everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With Mermaid Spirit - Marine Powers / RCCG 50-days Fasting And Prayer 2024 Prayer Points / Faith (Virtue Or Foe?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.