Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise (5564 Views)

Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Between Microbiology And Environmental Science, Which Is Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by lydvic(f): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Please help a friend. I have HND in Microbiology and I need to further my education. I have tried to get a job in Medical Laboratory but was told they only accept people that studied Medical Laboratory Science. Please how do I advance academically? Thank you
Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by peter0071(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2017
I do not know what to say, but i think if you have a freind who is a doctor, he would be in a better position to advice u
Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by lydvic(f): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
peter0071:
I do not know what to say, but i think if you have a freind who is a doctor, he would be in a better position to advice u

I don't really have a Doctor friend. That's why I came here
Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
If it was engineering, I would have said u should try uniport post HND program. But for microbiology, u can either take direct entry and start from 300 level if u graduate with upper or 200 level if u graduate with lower. Or u can look for schools in Nigeria that do conversion program (Google is ur friend). They are also schools in Europe and Canada that do conversion program from HND to bsc in a yr or more, but beware of scammers. Another option is to do postgraduate degree then a Masters degree. U can also look for work, while doing a part time degree program in a school in proximity to ur work.
Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by peter0071(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2017
then try and make one... Networking
lydvic:

I don't really have a Doctor friend. That's why I came here
Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by 1forall: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
I am unsure what you want to do because you mentioned needing to get more education as well as looking for a job.

So, ask yourself the following question and answer honestly:

What kind of professional career do I want?

The answer to that question should determine the action(s) you will take.

My personal opinion however is this: In present day Nigeria I do not think further education will make you more employable than you already are with your HND. What I believe you require now is actual job experience.

My advice: List all the organizations where you think your skills/qualifications are useful. Begin to research them one after the other to discover if you have any contacts there which may make your approach easier, and if not approach them nonetheless. Be ready to volunteer your services in order to gain experience. Make these potential employers understand that you are willing to learn even if for free (yes!). That way you are within the system and are more likely to hear about job openings than if you were on the outside.

If you volunteer in a good organization, within six months you will gain knowledge and experience that will go on your CV and improve your employment chances elsewhere, build a network of industry contacts, and be privy to insider information that can help you plan your career better. The company may even decide to employ you if they are satisfied or impressed by your contributions during the volunteering period.

What do you think?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Career Building Tips For Graduates / Slt Vs Microbiology / BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL : a poem written by an African child for his love for africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.