Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Dilemma of a Ponzi Scheme- by Pimper - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Dilemma of a Ponzi Scheme- by Pimper (341 Views)

MenzGold: 15 Persons Die As Ponzi Scheme Crashes In Ghana / Widow Loses N2.9m In Benue To A Ponzi Scheme / She Lost Her Money In A Ponzi Scheme Now She Is Threatening Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dilemma of a Ponzi Scheme- by Pimper by pimper24: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Sergey Panteleevich Mavrodi tagged a Russian criminal by the media, served jail sentences for severally creating pyramid schemes. Reading through this man's profile, I was stunned by one thing; he often made it public that what he created is a pyramid scheme, thus warning intending participants to beware. I had wondered why even the government license lottery houses where people still invest millions and lose it. Lets leave this as an argument for another day.

Mavrodi could be managing MMM at the higher level, but the organizers at the different micro locations, being different countries have really focused solely on their gains without thinking outside the box for improvement. MMM another Mavrodi's pyramid scheme will continue to stagger towards a final collapse not just because of the fraudulent POP "uploaders" or the media but because of the lack of creativity of these selfish elements. I would say that I was one of the lucky few that cashed out before the last squeeze. But for a "mistake" I made to confirm a fake teller, I would have had almost half a million stuck in this system. During the December rush, I decided to confirm the fake teller uploaded on my Personal Office (PO) after I have written Support without any response. I severally made a distress call to the dubious participant,s guider who always jabbered what sounded unclear. I later resigned to fate by confirming the fake POP in order to cashout, after sending a "cursing" sms to the dubious guy. This, ironically turned out a blessing when just a day after, the unimaginable (or do i say the expected) happened.

However, Now that efforts are being made on the recovery from December shut-down which many rumored would be the Waterloo of MMM, a conscious honest efforts should have been made to prove the detractors wrong. The media has already dealt devastating blow and continues to do so (I was severally banned in this forum for airing my incurable optimism towards this scheme- I accept my errors). The media has been agog with different unconfirmed stories against the scheme in the name of positive journalism and the duty towards moral suasion (at Nairaland, you have an absolute guarantee of front page grin). A consistent and dogged effort would definitely negate such campaign and restore confidence in the system. This effort is not just momentary statements describing the next time to release mavro but collective action of the participants especially the "millions and trillions" guiders who have so meaningfully benefited and still have much to get from the system. The only way confidence will be restored is to create liquidity and turnover no matter how slow and however small. A percentage between 30-40 of what these big people have, stuck in the system must be PHed which fund will be utilized to settle the smaller investors. Before the end of the first revolution of this which I call "guiders' push", some new entrants and people like us on the "watch list" will have started PHing. The funds fizzling into the system at this point will still not be used on the "big guys", (after all they have eaten much). Traffic will continue to be stirred in a way that the news of "I have just been paid" will be predominant. At a certain threshold, the guiders and others will now begin to be paid in batches.

Moreover, after these skirmishes, new entrants must register a stake before they are allowed to participate. This does not entail depositing money in any bank but the normal GH of some due beneficiaries in the system before PHing the sum that will attract a GH. This initial "deposit" acquires little mavro with time and could be accessed to determine the growth. It can only be withdrawn when the participant wants to opt out by closing his account. Same participant could lose the money if he engages in fraudulent practice in any way. This will create group consciousness and forestall sharp practices.

The truth of the matter is that the global financial system works in a way, benefiting some people opportune to be in the grid through the mechanism of what looked like the MMM galaxy. They are the well established people that can never know poverty in their life. The difference in MMM is that it is an all comers' affair which can easily be bastardized like what the scheme is experiencing presently.

Above all, know that nothing lasts forever, even the well structured banking systems. But be assured that some things could stand the test of time through some conscious efforts.
Re: The Dilemma of a Ponzi Scheme- by Pimper by deleo16(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Book Marking Investment / Company Takeovers / A Message To All Nairalanders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.