Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? (28970 Views)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Which Song Is The Best To Listen To While Waiting For Your HIV Test Result? / How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Mobsync(m): 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
I just got home from a dentist , my 2k wasted for consultation and I've been from one hospital to another . I am really depressed I've bad breath caused by excessive drinking but I've been thinking I've hiv but scared to do the test . I am not sick but people insolate me even to my own workers . I only have problem of sleeping and it's almost one year now . I want to run a test on my body but not hiv . Hiv will be the last . PleAse what kind of test can I do to ensure I am still alive apart frm hiv test

I was also scared of the test. In fact, I searched for HIV symptoms on the internet and always compared them with symptoms I get whenever I got sick. I was so convinced I had HIV until last week Tuesday when I woke up in the morning and decided to go to LASUTH for test. I went with one mind, ready to take the news even if I was positive but alas, I was negative.

Fear not. Just go for the test with one mind and free your mind.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
I just got home from a dentist , my 2k wasted for consultation and I've been from one hospital to another . I am really depressed I've bad breath caused by excessive drinking but I've been thinking I've hiv but scared to do the test . I am not sick but people insolate me even to my own workers . I only have problem of sleeping and it's almost one year now . I want to run a test on my body but not hiv . Hiv will be the last . PleAse what kind of test can I do to ensure I am still alive apart frm hiv test

Go for the test, if you positive, I will help you, hiv has been cured lots of times from people who listened.

I don't want to start saying what will be done. Do the test if it's positive, sit have and relax I will tell you what to do to get rid of it.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Freestainworld(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
my dear, there is nothing to be scared HIV test, infact early detection will do you alot of good, I be done the test twice. just have a positive mind. for the bad breath, there are few things that can actually cause it like break down of food particles arround ur mouth which can increase the growth of bacteria, tobacco products, poor dental hygiene, dry mouth, mouth infections, some medications, cancersand some metabolic disorders etc, try and know which one you fall into by consulting your Dr. Goodluck.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Thecassanova: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Op the only time you have mind HIV is before going for the test trust me. I did mine today unknowingly, was weak so when for checkup so my Dr wrote it has RVP or so I didn't even know it was HiV test I woulda tear the paper begin they jodge home. grin

Only for the test to be done and they fill in the form with other things as Protein, Glucose, Hiv, all Negative. I just they look the dr like "u be bad belle na wetin u wan do bdis" lol

Trust me OP do the test, all is well.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by lilyheaven: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
ok bro do you know the amount is going to cost me ? My problem is sleeping so because I was scared of dropping weight I started eating more than three square meal a day . When people started noticing it , that my head got bigger and my lips . I became scared and I had to eat less but still yet my head is still big with more fat on my chicks .other part body is normal . I also used multivatims for close to three months non stop . I went to different hospital they said I should get enough sleep to get my body balance back n some make fun wit it . I've been sleeping on my own but it's normally from 4am and I don't get more than 5hours and I am not even thinking . I will like to go for different test and see . Pls let me know the price if you've any idea . Thank you .
EKG 40j
MRI 50k
CT 45k
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
yes fear from condom burst . and ive been having problem sleeping . i normally sleep 4am and sometimes when i am lucky i sleep 1am .

lol same thing happened to me, Condom burst too, and she wouldn't stop when i mentioned it, after that day any small issue i started feeling the same, infact it reached a point i told my brothers to take care of my mom, I was already talking like i was going to die. Then the funniest thing happened I fell sick and I had no choice than to take a blood test in the hospital, I didn't get the result of the blood test and i was like if i had HIV they would have informed me, I was happy, then until i read about how sometimes windowed mode can be like 5 months plus. I started panicking again.

One day while at work, I just got frustrated of the whole heavy thinking and all, i took break from work, went to an hospital opposite 4 points on the island, can't remember the name. after taking the test, they told me it would be ready in 30minutes , mehn that 30 minutes was like 4 hours, I strolled to Palms center to kill some time, even bought cigarette on the way because i had stopped smoking, felt since i was going might as well light one for the road.

I came back to hospital, i kept asking the nurse if the result was ready, she kept saying it wasn't i swear my mind was playing tricks on me, because the way she would look at me, it would seem like either she knew something but didn't want to show it, mehn i was panicking, was even beginning to start bargaining with God, next thing i heard.

Mr Okeowo your result is ready, I took the paper and smiled after i got outside the gate, i opened it and it was negative, since that day mehn it's like all those cold and body pain disappeared from me, not like they went away but i wasn't paying attention to them anymore.

Until i read online about the transmission of HIV and from what i got it's really low for a guy to get infected from a lady, especially in scenarios where condoms burst, but hey am not one to play Russian roulette with my dic.k

My advice just go for the test, am sure this might be affecting your work performance because make i no lie, it affected mine as i couldn't focus.

Ciao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by lilyheaven: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
ok bro do you know the amount is going to cost me ? My problem is sleeping so because I was scared of dropping weight I started eating more than three square meal a day . When people started noticing it , that my head got bigger and my lips . I became scared and I had to eat less but still yet my head is still big with more fat on my chicks .other part body is normal . I also used multivatims for close to three months non stop . I went to different hospital they said I should get enough sleep to get my body balance back n some make fun wit it . I've been sleeping on my own but it's normally from 4am and I don't get more than 5hours and I am not even thinking . I will like to go for different test and see . Pls let me know the price if you've any idea . Thank you .
EKG 40j
MRI 50k
CT 45k[b][/b]
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
HIV or no HIV you will eventually die one day,I don't know what the fuss is all about. Abstain from ladies till you normalize cos from what am seeing,you have compounded your issue into a psychological insomnia.
My suggestion: Since your so scared and you don't wana die,become more veegan,stop drinking away to your grave,make use of immune boosters if that would calm you a lil.
With the way you drinking,am sensing kidney or liver ish and these are worse than HIV.
I know someone who has HIV now for over 20years,if you ain't told you won't know. Funniest part is she's a doctor,and doesn't take ARV's maybe in future,but for now,she dey kampe.
I stay in Abuja for now,if you need someone to talk to,I can be that buddy.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Coolgent(m): 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
Bros be a Man just go for test, before i got married i used to do it thrice every year so that even if iam positive i can start taking drugs to suppress the virus, but luckily i was negative up to the time i got married last 2yrs ago.
Just do it please worry doesnt solve anytin
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mobsync:

I was also scared of the test. In fact, I searched for HIV symptoms on the internet and always compared them with symptoms I get whenever I got sick. I was so convinced I had HIV until last week Tuesday when I woke up in the morning and decided to go to LASUTH for test. I went with one mind, ready to take the news even if I was positive but alas, I was negative.

Fear not. Just go for the test with one mind and free your mind.
under that tree in Lasuth aite.. grin
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

HIV or no HIV you will eventually die one day,I don't know what the fuss is all about. Abstain from ladies till you normalize cos from what am seeing,you have compounded your issue into a psychological insomnia.
My suggestion: Since your so scared and you don't wana die,become more veegan,stop drinking away to your grave,make use of immune boosters if that would calm you a lil.
With the way you drinking,am sensing kidney or liver ish and these are worse than HIV.
I know someone who has HIV now for over 20years,if you ain't told you won't know. Funniest part is she's a doctor,and doesn't take ARV's maybe in future,but for now,she dey kampe.

Actually this one fears me more than HIV because i can find ways around sex, but drinking mehn even as we chat, there's a drink beside me, I actually stopped but mehn i always break
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by frankloloko: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

lol same thing happened to me, Condom burst too, and she wouldn't stop when i mentioned it, after that day any small issue i started feeling the same, infact it reached a point i told my brothers to take care of my mom, I was already talking like i was going to die. Then the funniest thing happened I fell sick and I had no choice than to take a blood test in the hospital, I didn't get the result of the blood test and i was like if i had HIV they would have informed me, I was happy, then until i read about how sometimes windowed mode can be like 5 months plus. I started panicking again.

One day while at work, I just got frustrated of the whole heavy thinking and all, i took break from work, went to an hospital opposite 4 points on the island, can't remember the name. after taking the test, they told me it would be ready in 30minutes , mehn that 30 minutes was like 4 hours, I strolled to Palms center to kill some time, even bought cigarette on the way because i had stopped smoking, felt since i was going might as well light one for the road.

I came back to hospital, i kept asking the nurse if the result was ready, she kept saying it wasn't i swear my mind was playing tricks on me, because the way she would look at me, it would seem like either she knew something but didn't want to show it, mehn i was panicking, was even beginning to start bargaining with God, next thing i heard.

Mr Okeowo your result is ready, I took the paper and smiled after i got outside the gate, i opened it and it was negative, since that day mehn it's like all those cold and body pain disappeared from me, not like they went away but i wasn't paying attention to them anymore.

Until i read online about the transmission of HIV and from what i got it's really low for a guy to get infected from a lady, especially in scenarios where condoms burst, but hey am not one to play Russian roulette with my dic.k

My advice just go for the test, am sure this might be affecting your work performance because make i no lie, it affected mine as i couldn't focus.

Ciao
boss you just gave me hope , thankss.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by frankloloko: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

what drugs is she taken then ? if i can sleep , bro i wont reason test at all.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

Actually this one fears me more than HIV because i can find ways around sex, but drinking mehn even as we chat, there's a drink beside me, I actually stopped but mehn i always break
lol
me don't drink at all
stopped when I got serious with ma prayers.
And it was kinda giving me fatty liver cos I was doing gin and vodka...Since I stopped erritun has normalized.
3 years now, no liquor
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Rhea(f): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:

There are many cause of bad breath. Two common ones are:
1. Dehydration: Drink more water. Beer is not water. Juice, coke, sprite, ogogoro is not water. Drink more water.
2. Floss your teeth after brushing them. Hard to say because most Nigerians have no idea what flossing is. Oyibo no tech us that one when they bring us toothpaste and toothbrush. Most food particles hide in between your teeth after meals, In 3 hours, that food particle becomes decayed junk and oozes the bad breath that people perceive near you. No amount of brushing or gargling will remove those particles stuck in between your teeth. N2000 would have bought you a tooth brush, toothpaste and hopefully a dental floss.

If you drink too much, stop today. Alcohol is the most common cause of hepatitis in Nigeria. Hepatitis is the most common cause of liver cancer in Nigeria today. HIV does not cause cancer. Alcohol does. Smoking does. Guaranteed. If scared of HIV test, don't bother. But stop sex or do it safely. I would test if I were you. That way you can start treatment. HIV doesn't kill. But untreated HIV leads to AIDS, and with AIDS, even catarrh will kill you.

1 Like

Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

lol
me don't drink at all
stopped when I got serious with ma prayers.
And it was kinda giving me fatty liver cos I was doing gin and vodka...Since I stopped erritun has normalized.
3 years now, no liquor

Wow nice one i hope to say that one day.. all the best keep us in prayers o
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
what drugs is she taken then ? if i can sleep , bro i wont reason test at all.
hahahahah she just takes immune boosters,she maintains healthy diet and exercises alot.
Don't let fear of the unknown kill yah oooh.
Funny enough,when you having illegal sex you should be ready to bear the consequences nah.
Whenever I take a risk,I damn the consequence cos either good or bad,I will be the one to bear
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
pcguru1:

Wow nice one i hope to say that one day.. all the best keep us in prayers o
yes boss u will eventually stop don't worry.
make sure its soon though not later
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by frankloloko: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

hahahahah she just takes immune boosters,she maintains healthy diet and exercises alot.
Don't let fear of the unknown kill yah oooh.
Funny enough,when you having illegal sex you should be ready to bear the consequences nah.
Whenever I take a risk,I damn the consequence cos either good or bad,I will be the one to bear
immune boosters? tell me now so i can get them .maybe it will help me .
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
I would have to confirm the name
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by curvilicious: 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:
Still waiting to hear more from folks pls . What could make someone head get big and chicks .

Making ur face big?
At some point my face became embarrassingly big but i later discovered it was d multivitamins i was taking day caused it. I'm negative but when i thot of testing and decided to Google bruv i almost died for fear.
Funny enough i started manifesting each and every symptom i saw on Google which almost made me run mad, i started experiencing insomnia. After i came negative i began to sleep and enjoy my life.
So, stop that fear of d unknown
You might just be going thru sleepless night because of fear.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by curvilicious: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
frankloloko:

You can try immunovite it boosts immune use like 500mg vitC daily it will also help u
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Buharimustgo: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have what can make u sleep properly and even want more sleep even if u have the HIV
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
I suspect liver or kidney problem

1 Like

Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by hatchy(f): 11:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
The effect of dexacotin,feed fine,super appetite and all those drugs that make you add weight.

You will develop round face and add weight but the effect of the drug is not good at all. It also reduce your immune system.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by GGirll: 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
Firstly, u must pray for God to restore ur sleep naturally. you must stop having unprotected sex n must go for HIV test. u must also for for Tuberculosis test n Typhoid as well. u must think less n eat well. u must drink water regularly n also do cholesterol test. sometimes sleeplessness can be a symptom of some mental disorderliness n i will advise u visit a psychiatric hospital with a family member n a lawyer cos sometimes they can seize u n pump sleeping pills that can keep u docile till wen they are thru wt u, but i pray for u that none of the above mentioned is ur portion in Jesus Name Amen. most times i sleep late so its also not a disease.
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
dschools:
This man or boy is just making fun of all of u here.
He is just saying different things. Take time and read his post and replies.
The guy na joker. Make una do another thing joor

Mehn na real joker lol grin grin grin

Am just laughing so hard on my bed

Oh my God... grin lol

Head dey big and cheeks but the body small.. grin grin

When people look at him, he feels he's sick.. When they don't look he still feel he's sick lol..
Oh Lord grin grin

Frankloloko grin It's simply paranoia.. Do the test at home with the kit and get it over with already. smiley
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by sunnyeinstein(m): 12:00am On Jan 19, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Trust me, you are not as scared as me, but did mine last week after a 2 year break, and I was super negative, I am not promiscuous but you never know. Have a deep breathe, pray, then be prepared for the worst! With him medication you can live healthily without spreading the disease to your partner. Overcome your fear, just do it. Prepare your mind for the worst. Nowadays I feel confident going for blood test smiley. Besides if you are circumcised, you have a lower chance getting HIV.

Never did mine since forever, na my fiancée result i dey take giv myself hope oo grin. but i was forced to do it yesterday (d med guys just uproot me go lab and b4 u knw it dem pierce my hand and b4 i knew it, na hiv test we dey watch so! shocked ) and it was negative! Oh boy, see joy!!! cheesy I feel lyk doing thinx i don leave for a long tyme now! wink cool
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by sunnyeinstein(m): 12:05am On Jan 19, 2017
Thecassanova:
Op the only time you have mind HIV is before going for the test trust me. I did mine today unknowingly, was weak so when for checkup so my Dr wrote it has RVP or so I didn't even know it was HiV test I woulda tear the paper begin they jodge home. grin

Only for the test to be done and they fill in the form with other things as Protein, Glucose, Hiv, all Negative. I just they look the dr like "u be bad belle na wetin u wan do bdis" lol

Trust me OP do the test, all is well.

Na almost similar case with mine yesterday oo, bt because i be microbiologist i code and d guy wey take me go d lab + d one wey do am were very non-challant about it lyk " no be big deal guy", and dat alone calm my nerves small. But as d strip dey read na all d wrong waka-waka i don do siiince dey rush come my head. Glory to Jesus sha, i be -ve cool
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by ArabMopol(m): 12:11am On Jan 19, 2017
Op write your will , make me the beneficial, summit your life to Christ jesus and wait for your time
Re: what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? by Codes151(m): 12:24am On Jan 19, 2017
U have two options! At the end u still will have to summon up courage n do the test! One: do a complete test. Two: do the test later if more hiv related symptoms start showing....

Ps. Drinking doesn't cause bad breath exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Obasi Is Dead! Son Of IMSU VC Dies After Surgery In Owerri Hospital / Man Faints, Dies Of Hunger In Calabar / SCENT LEAVES Aka Efirin Good In Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.