Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,176 members, 7,957,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency (978 Views)

Buy & Sell old or unwanted stuffs fast on u-Snapp ~ Very simple and easy / Sell Your Secondhand Or Unwanted Items Fast on u-Snapp / LCF Crypto Currency Now On For Grab 4 Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by freshinsightng: 4:35am On Jan 17, 2017
Treasury and Mint officials of the United States unveiled the 2017 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin portraying lady Liberty as a woman of colour, according to NBC news.

The coin is in celebration of the US Mint and Treasury’s 225th anniversary and for the first time an African-American is on the U.S. currency.

All coins are required to feature either in words or images an “impression emblematic of liberty”, since the Coinage Act was passed in 1972.

The new $100 coin designed by Justin Kunz was unveiled by Elisa Basnight, U.S. Mint chief of staff, featuring Lady Liberty as a black woman. Lady Liberty has always been portrayed as a white woman.

“As we as a nation continue to evolve, so does liberty’s representation,” Basnight said at the occasion unveiling the new coin. “We live in a nation that affords us the opportunity to dream big and try to accomplish the seemingly impossible.”

The new coin, a 24-karat gold coin and is targeted for a release in April 2017 and is meant primarily for collectors. It is one of a series of new, diverse commemorative coins the Mint plans to unveil in future years.

The U.S Mint chief promised that future depictions of Lady Liberty will feature designs representing Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Indian Americans and others in order to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States

Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by PapaNnamdi: 5:29am On Jan 17, 2017
I was banned because I didn't have fucccks to give, OP take this 100ltrs of fucccks

I will be back
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by Bluezy13(m): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2017
PapaNnamdi:
I was banned because I didn't have fucccks to give, OP take this 100ltrs of fucccks

I will be back

Hehehe...
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by femolacqua(m): 6:07am On Jan 17, 2017
A welcome development
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by lsoul: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2017
she isnt black na, but brown
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by freshinsightng: 6:59am On Jan 17, 2017
lsoul:
she is black na, but brown

look at the facial structures and the braids. That depicts a black woman
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by Abudu2000(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2017
Op you missed the part where that's my problem...
Re: At Last A Black Person Is Featured On U.S Currency by freshinsightng: 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
Abudu2000:
Op you missed the part where that's my problem...

what part is your problem? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Brokerage business / .... / Anyone Knows Whether Legal Deals International Is Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.