Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Good News! LASTMA Will No Longer Impound Broken Down Vehicles; See Why - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Good News! LASTMA Will No Longer Impound Broken Down Vehicles; See Why (586 Views)

Ibadan People Scooping Fuel From A Broken Down Petrol Tanker (Video) / Trailer Crushes Female LASTMA Officer To Death In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good News! LASTMA Will No Longer Impound Broken Down Vehicles; See Why by arlomah: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Motorists in Lagos can now heave a sigh of relief following the new directive announced by the management of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA).
The new development as announced by the Acting Commissioner for Transportation, Prince Nofiu Elegushi, stipulates that traffic officers attached to LASTMA can no longer impound broken down vehicles on Lagos roads.
According to Elegushi, who gave the directive, LASTMA officers should “immediately stop impounding and towing broken down ... read more here https:///mngI2g

CC @lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Good News! LASTMA Will No Longer Impound Broken Down Vehicles; See Why by kelvyn7: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
shocked REALLY?

1 Like

Re: Good News! LASTMA Will No Longer Impound Broken Down Vehicles; See Why by eyeview: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
That's good news.
All over the world, once your car breaks down and law enforcement officers stop by, your problem is solved.
In Lagos, once your car breaks down and law enforcement officers stop by, your problem has just gone from bad to worse.

Lagos state govt should also look into these uniformless touts that go about like Satan in towing vans looking for hapless motorists they will over power and tow away his or her car under fabricated lies.

I once had a case where these touts with one latsma fool stopped infront of a woman's car parked infront of a govt office and made to tow away the car. Passersby and onlookers gathered to help the woman whom they had already overpowered to jack her car. Shockingly, when we accosted the latsma guy to find out what she did wrong, it was then he started looking up and down the road to see the crime he could attach to her. By the time I mentioned the name of Latsma MD, and told him my relationship with him and how I will be quick to call him if they don't let the woman go, he secretly told the touts to unchain the car and they drove off.
That's how they look for innocent people to victimize

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travelers Stranded As Delta Women Block East-west Road Over Rape By Herdsmen-pix / I Need Help On The Process Of Renewing Visa / B2 Visa Marriage & Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.