Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn (16036 Views)

Man Wears 15 Shirts At Airport To Avoid Paying Flight Baggage Charge / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by yedidiah(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
#1.1b to relocate the airport for 6weeks only shocked
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by AlphaStyles(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
why not use that 1 to repair any spoilt things there or build some small landing route than waste that money. I swear NGA Don tire me
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by CioAngels(f): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Big plan in the making to steal big. Mannerless leaders, in the word of gov ajimobi's daughter.
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by udees: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bolustic:
The only problem I will have with this exercise is, if after the rehabilitation and upgrade, the Abuja Airport does not make headlines as one of the best in Africa.
Hello Be inform--there is no upgrade in abuja airport---What the saint wants to do is to repair a section of the run way that has cracked finished...

The remodelling you see in that airport included the new terminal was done by Stella Oduah during the last administration---Nigerians pls try and travel to Abuja to see things by yourself--so that when they wants to blame the previous government you can agree or disagree with them.
The new terminal has a train line that comes from the main road and terminated inside one of the Gates--this was done two years ago.
Again -what they want to do is repair of the existing run ways that cracked---which can be done while the VIP side and the domestic airport can be use tentatively--My surprise is the amount they want to use in repairing this run ways---Stop supporting wrong action of this government.
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Olu317(m): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
tammie24:
how is a runway going to cost 5billion dollars

Think about it

Even dubai hotel Burj Al Arab cost 1billion dollars to build

Let's Stop deceiving ourselves Abeg
Simple,when you add the total cost to execute the work at 1$billion with the percentage of the contractor as well as the minister and his lieutenants who awarded the contract,you will get your 5$billion deal accurate. When you subtract 1$billion from the money for execution of work, then you are left with a balance of 4$bllion and when you remove the 200% of the minister and 100% of his lieutenants then you are left with contractor's 100% workmanship.That z d calculation when you calculate from the 500% inflated price of the contract from Nigeria's factor tendency. cool grin

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by HqBoss: 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
they could have relocated it to enugu but the wanna be isreali adopted children will start protesting.
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Icon79(m): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
This "relocation" is not necessary. They are just looking for a way to upgrade the Kaduna airport - gang of thieves!

They just don't want to budget funding to upgrade the Kaduna airport without doing the same for the other comparable airports like Enugu and PH, so they came up with this relocation crap.
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Rhea(f): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Atlanta airport is the busiest airport (by human traffic) in the world. It is currently undergoing a $6bn expansion. The airport remains 100% functional and available. The FG wants to close the airport and divert traffic to Kaduna airport so that there can be 2 contracts running concurrently (Abuja airport renovation and Kaduna airport expansion). That is more bride to chop for the senators and house of representathieves.
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Origin(f): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2017
How will this affect 'big men' with tensions in kaduna. Now they cant say "i no de pass that side."

Please what are we relocating FRSC Hiring bus N84m from another ministry
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 18, 2017
Origin:
How will this affect 'big men' with tensions in kaduna. Now they cant say "i no de pass that side."

Please what are we relocating FRSC Hiring bus N84m from another ministry
FRSC would deploy more men to KD,that would cost money,Ministry of Transport would provide buses for movement within the period. that would cost another money...left for me its fair
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 18, 2017
NNVanguard:
Until we citizens begin to protest and fight against all these inflated project Costs, the government will continue to take us as zombies and irrational beings.

God save Naija
@bold EXACTLY!!!!!

U are paying for that airport relocation and the 9ja water and electric systems are terrible
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by dam007(m): 8:04am On Jan 18, 2017
9jakohai:

A plane crash due to a worn out runway at Abuja would be an even greater waste of taxpayer money....and private money too...don't you think?
well said.. but do you buy a new child if one is sick? or you treat him? particularly when resources are limited and there's a lot to do? why move? why not renovate??
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by dam007(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2017
NNVanguard:

Thank you. will chat you up on whatsapp
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by dam007(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2017
NNVanguard:

Thanks and welcome on board
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by dam007(m): 8:33am On Jan 18, 2017
udees:

Hello Be inform--there is no upgrade in abuja airport---What the saint wants to do is to repair a section of the run way that has cracked finished...

The remodelling you see in that airport included the new terminal was done by Stella Oduah during the last administration---Nigerians pls try and travel to Abuja to see things by yourself--so that when they wants to blame the previous government you can agree or disagree with them.
The new terminal has a train line that comes from the main road and terminated inside one of the Gates--this was done two years ago.
Again -what they want to do is repair of the existing run ways that cracked---which can be done while the VIP side and the domestic airport can be use tentatively--My surprise is the amount they want to use in repairing this run ways---Stop supporting wrong action of this government.
I am not understanding!?
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by dam007(m): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Justdulla:

FRSC would deploy more men to KD,that would cost money,Ministry of Transport would provide buses for movement within the period. that would cost another money...left for me its fair
are you kidding me??
Re: Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn by NNVanguard(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2017
dam007:
Got your pm. You are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace / Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate / Residents, Motorists Excited As Apapa Gridlock Eases Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.