Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" (24659 Views)

TBC Villa Estate With Lagos Government Approval On Certificate Of Occupancy . / TBC VIlla Estate with Lagos government Approval of certificate of Occupancy . / Own A Government Allocated Plot Of Land At Owerri.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by onunwa21(m): 7:25am On Jan 18, 2017
1. Very simple, look for a forest, develop nd start building a house,
2. then be the 1st to park into the place.
3. Name the area woteva u like.
4. That is wot the area will be known forever.
5. To make it more official, just tip the local govt in charge of the area.
6. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Enyimbamercedes: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2017
Own the biggest house on the street. It helps if you were the first to build on that street.
Start small...put a small pako sign at the street junction and wait for objections
if none...scale up and put a metal pole first. Then after a few days at a street name on the pole
If the street has a bad road, surface it single-handedly; no one will bother with the street name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nowujeda(m): 7:31am On Jan 18, 2017
Contact a town planning consultant.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Handsomecole(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2017
How you can own a street?? Very soon somebody will ask how you can own Nigeria??
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by fransixe(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2017
moscobabs:
Please I need help on steps to take in owning a street in ogun state and Lagos states

Criteria

Registration

Approval

Subscription or Charges

Thanks

by default, if your the first to build a house in that street, it should be named after you...But, one can get the registration process done @ the Local Govt Area Council where the property resides. the LGAs would give you more info when you approach them.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by basadenet: 8:02am On Jan 18, 2017
Go to your LG.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by phemflex90(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Naming of the street is the responsibility of local government, go to local government in that area for proper documentations.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by kayswagg(m): 8:28am On Jan 18, 2017
YOU NEED TO WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT TO MAKE A REQUEST FOR STREET NAMING WITH YOUR DESIRE NAMES...
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL WILL HAVE TO INVESTIGATE THE STREET N MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE STREET NAMING SHOULD INCASE SOME HAS AN OBJECTION TO YOUR REQUEST WHICH MUST BE PROPERLY LOOK INTO.
AMOUNT TO BE PAID DEPEND ON THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT STREET NAMING COMMITTEE.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by ahamonyeka(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2017
Ask our clueless minister whom they just name after a street. Solomon dalung may be he will tell tell you how much he spended .

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by angelroz: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2017
why would anyone want to have a street named after him?
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2017
Start from the CDA, every area has it.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by ogasman(m): 10:22am On Jan 18, 2017
no well street name till date

go to town planning office.....

simple as ABC
you will outline the street name u wrote...
fee de
carry your salary receipt etc to the APO

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by asha01: 10:27am On Jan 18, 2017
moscobabs:
Please I need help on steps to take in owning a street in ogun state and Lagos states

Criteria

Registration

Approval

Subscription or Charges

Thanks

You could get the street named after you
all you need is meet the bale and discussed with him, he will give you the requirements to make this possible
this is how a friend of mine got a street named after him
though he is dead now, but the people on the street will never forget him.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by moscobabs(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2017
asha01:

You could get the street named after you
all you need is meet the bale and discussed with him, he will give you the requirements to make this possible
this is how a friend of mine got a street named after him
though he is dead now, but the people on the street will never forget him.
thanks very much sir
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by brightology3: 10:56am On Jan 18, 2017
eazyjakes:
Only u wan own Street for lagos n ogun....kuku buy d country!
hahahahahahaaha
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by kolawo(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2017
Go and inquire from the host local government it is the local govt that names street majorly.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Smartmey(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
work for your community nd earn it. everything no b money.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by sirbiolee(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
Smiles...lol

You do ds if u want to own a street name in ur area/site..

firstly contact the family dat sold d land for u maybe dey av nt given the street name for any of dia tenants and tip them wit 10-30k and prepare a letter of approval for the street for them to sign it for u...

Lastly then u take the approval letter to the Local govt of the area n pay for the registration fees maybe 40-60k sha...

That's all..
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by princezzlolly(f): 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
Go to d nearest Local govt , my dad did d same back den
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Smartademu(m): 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Me, I want to own a town, how do I go about it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Jarus(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
Currently processing one with Eti Osa LG. 250k.

Using a neighbour that is a top official in the LG.

Process

1, Make payment into bank a/c
2, Obtain and fill the application form
3, Baale/King of the area confirms you're a person of honour in the area
4, LG comes for inspection
5, Street name is registered.
6, LG officials come to mount the sign

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Emaaaaaaa: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dear House,

Kindly advice me

I've done all the processing for street naming by following the below. After some days even though some people are already leaving on the street before I started building my own house. They later came to my house today that they are going to court all because the street was registered in my name. Kindly advice me please........

Process

1)I Make payment into bank a/c(Local government) and receipt was issue and approval was given to me by the local government
2) I Obtained and filled the application form
3)Letter was given to me from Baale/King of the area that the street should be registered in my name
4) LG comes for inspection
5) Street name is registered.
6) LG officials come to mount the sign

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by Jeff68: 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2020
Can you help me with this? the property is in Ibeju and I want to inquire about this process, cost, duration?

Process

1, Make payment into bank a/c
2, Obtain and fill the application form
3, Baale/King of the area confirms you're a person of honour in the area
4, LG comes for inspection
5, Street name is registered.
6, LG officials come to mount the sign[/quote]
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by atilla(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Emaaaaaaa:
Dear House,

Kindly advice me

I've done all the processing for street naming by following the below. After some days even though some people are already leaving on the street before I started building my own house. They later came to my house today that they are going to court all because the street was registered in my name. Kindly advice me please........
Bro’s How did the matter end? People are very funny o

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by nairalife2013(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2022
Similar thing happened recentlyin my area. The person who's named after the street is preparing a petition to send to the local govt council and the vilage council who gave him approval to name the street after relevant application and payments both with receipts and approval letters.
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by nairalife2013(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2022
Pls how did this matter end? We are facing a similar situation right now. Pls is there any law backing the local govt in giving street names apart from that of the concurrent list?
Re: How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" by nairalife2013(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2022
Who knows any constitutional law or legislation or act that backs street naming in nigeria should help urgently pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASBCA Seals The Biggest Building In Bariga (Photos) / »»» 1 and Half Plot Of Land For Sale In PH ««« / Building Collapse At Agege, Lagos, Five People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.