Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Dog And Her Boss - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog And Her Boss (865 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / It's Not Always About The Size Of The Dog In The Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dog And Her Boss by Ajisam1(m): 12:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Life is miserable. Every single activities, events or action often generates a reason.

Bad and luck connotes negative and positive meaning respectively when it's been pronounced separately. Whilst, when multiplied together as one, Badluck would be presented in negative form. Same applies to the arithmetic symbol as well plus (+) and minus (-) are different element of BODMAS. It becomes (-) when multiplied together. (+*-=+)

It was on a faithful Sunday. I went to visit a close friend not too far from my resident, since the day was hectic. On getting there, I saw him playing checker game(draft) with his neighbor,he chuckles with delight, while his neighbor eyes had is yellowish red, squeezing his face as well. Since it's my best game, I had no option than to join the zaga.
I hastily greeted the duo in my native language"Mo ki ota, mo ki Ope ooo" which literally translated means 'I greet the winner and looser as well.
My friend replied with amusement "Ota nje ope ni kogbodo fohun" meaning the winner is responding while the looser must not.

There sat at a corner a woman with her dog soliloquizing. She was deep in her thought. The aspect that captivates my interest was the well known troublesome dog, named 'Bosere', who kept quiet besides her. Bosere mean 'if you do good'.

Immediately, i enquired for the reason why the dog kept quiet and gentle from my friend "Kola, what's wrong with bosere."
He replied" you mean the dog, that's her usual way of life. Her lifestyle is determined by her owner condition and present sutuation. She would played, bark, scattered everywhere when her owner is healthy and happy and would kept quiet and gentle when her owner is hungry,sad or soliloquizing. So the dog will sat besides her."

I was shocked and astonished on hearing this. If a dog could be sober when her boss is unhappy. If a dog could starved herself when her boss is hungry.
If a dog could understand the present condition of her boss.Then who am I not to..?
It’s true when they say that "our dogs
are the only people who love us more than they love themselves."

Your parents feeds you thrice daily but whenever they failed to prepare your dinner for a day. You'd tagged them with all sort of awkward names.
Your dad is on sick bed, yet you're bragging round the street, clubbing, instead of you to care for him. Your child will decides.
Your boss that that has been paying your wages/salary for over ten years is in bankruptcy. You begins to mock him simply because you've seen another offer or self employed. Your employees is laughing behind you.
You've won a lot of contract, But keep on blaming God for the single contract lost due to lateness. No doubt, you need deliverance.
Some of your Secondary school mates were in tertiary institutions. All you could do is to blame God to change your destiny. oh! I'm unlucky. Remember many are unable to obtained primary school leaving certificate.

Be patient, adapt to present situation, it's temporary not permanent. Think of how to make a change. Less thinking greater happiness. Learn from the dog. "A patient dog ate the fattest bone."

AJIBOYE SEYI SAMSON
#Ajisam170117©

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Word To The Intellectual Property Thieves On The Lit Section / My 8hours At Erinjesha Waterfall Story By Okewale Sunday Ife / The Rejected Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.