Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention (32931 Views)

Trump: Troops Will Fire On Migrants If They 'throw Rocks' / Ghanaian Army Chief Orders "Shoot-to-kill" On Fulani Herdsmen / Gambian Army Chief Rejoicing After Barrow's Inauguration (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by gbegemaster(m): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by emeka2847: 7:44am On Jan 19, 2017
I hope this is not a strategy o
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2017
Is there a difference? :
If I were Jammel, I will ask the ECOWAS why, since it claims to be fighting injustice, it has not used ECOMOG to enforce the ruling of its Court on Dasuki's case - since it can interfere militarily in the internal affairs of a sovereign country. Is it because Nigeria is the 'Big Brother' or a case of " All animals are equal but some are more equal than others " - as in some injustices are more serious than others? Are ECOWAS Court rulings not enforceable? When I am given a logical convincing justifiable reason, I will immediately step down.

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by sekundosekundo: 7:47am On Jan 19, 2017
sorom4:
Kudos to him. People are exonerating themselves but Yahya no wan play the game with them.
Fly wey no dey listen dey follow dead body enter grave

It's only a fool that will fight for this stone hearted man.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by sekundosekundo: 7:50am On Jan 19, 2017
eunisam:
If this is a sound truth,that means this Jammeh has lost it all both front and back without a single bullet released.

Even if it is a deception, Gambian army don't have what it takes to stop ECOWAS forces. They're too small.

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Clergy20: 7:51am On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:
ECOWAS THE TOOTHLESS DOG, SHOW YOUR POWER IN NIGERIA, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU ISSUED WARNING TO FG TO RELEASE SOME PEOPLE,yet nothing is happening. GO AND SIT DOWN...has someone tried to listen to jammeh's side of the story.

Go and listen then come back and interpret to us... there's no time now

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by ezewinted1(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2017
ipledge10:
please Who is ECOWAS? Let Nigeria leave ECOWAS
Bros, let me educate you. Ecowas is less concerned about the internal corruption saga, not even AU or UN. They can only give advice wish they use to do. That is just one person. But when it turn to massive rejection of a leader then they can display their strength
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
How authentic is this news?
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Day11(m): 7:59am On Jan 19, 2017
Army Chief ain't loyal sad

Good decision anyway
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Horlawale1(m): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2017
RIP lipsrsealed grin
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by adimsmt: 8:10am On Jan 19, 2017
baby124:
Lol. When army chief refuses to go down with the president, the president should just silently crawl away with speed.

Jammeh is obviously on a suicide mission. Anyone that joins him OYO lo wa. He will rather die as a president than die in the ICC cell. Which will be his fate if he stepped down. Being a president for 22yrs means most of the time you would have been delusional to think you were God. Thereby committing many atrocities, that when faced with exit, death by stray bullet may just be the cowardly way out. The best thing is to try to catch him alive so he can face the consequences of his actions in the past 22yrs.

The man was on his way to becoming a respectable former president, because of greed and power intoxication that has gotten hold of African leaders he made the worst mistake of his life. He will live to regret this single act for the rest of his life if he can't do the needful now.

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 19, 2017
deebrain:
This is the best African Army chief I've seen in a long time.

There is no place for lifetime dictatorship in Africa again.

@ your signature..... Talk to me.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by bunmi1759(m): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2017
SirJeffry:
Once there's no breakdown of law and order or deadly violence in Gambia, there's little ECOWAS can do.

Must you say rubbish...?
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Smooyis(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2017
I advise Jammeh to leave and hand over power to the democratically elected president. That is the way to go. Gambia must rise again.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 19, 2017
Kimjinkyu:
Good morning Jammeh.
You really get iron
blokos.

You get iron t0t0
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:25am On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:
ECOWAS THE TOOTHLESS DOG, SHOW YOUR POWER IN NIGERIA, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU ISSUED WARNING TO FG TO RELEASE SOME PEOPLE,yet nothing is happening. GO AND SIT DOWN...has someone tried to listen to jammeh's side of the story.

You don't seem to understand that the relationship between ECOWAS and Nigeria is similar to that of UN and the US... Have you ever heard the UN sanction the US for war crimes?..e.g Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Japan...why? because the US owns the UN just as Nigerians owns the ECOWAS.

2 Likes

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by uzolexis(f): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2017
microscopic:

Because Nigeria's President is always the leader of ECOWAS.

False. The current chairperson of ECOWAS is the Liberian President.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Jiyke(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2017
EmilyShoton:
The guy they fear Army na. Have you seen Senegalese army when they are angry? sad

I had not. Tell me how furious
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by ManTiger(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2017
EmilyShoton:
The guy they fear Army na. Have you seen Senegalese army when they are angry? sad
yes, they can go beserk and start fighting kung fu.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by skfa1: 8:52am On Jan 19, 2017
Respect to the Army,I personally don't want war in Africa! Let's sought things out Amicably without some external forces. Let's remember Sudan,Liberia,Somalia,Libya and many more. After helping u to distroy it,they will not look back. BE WISE AFRICANS.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by EmilyShoton(f): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2017
Jiyke:

I had not. Tell me how furious
They look really scary

This is actually when they are happy

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Mbediogu(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2017
There is a bug the exists around African leaders, to bite them and give them illusions of being next best thing to God and an entitlement to reign eternally. Abacha. Gaddafi. Mugabe. Nguema.
Watch it, I prophesy that Barrow will get his bite from the bug named 'tryannicoccus presido
negri' by middle of this year. The only cure is military.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by FunkyMetahuman: 9:51am On Jan 19, 2017
lrdval:
Nigeria is ecowas just like USA is united nation grin
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by eunisam: 10:08am On Jan 19, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Even if it is a deception, Gambian army don't have what it takes to stop ECOWAS forces. They're too small.

small no be sick you know
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by mayorchelsea(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2017
mvem:
......which other side of the story, dont be sentimental....Elections were held, he lost and conceded defeat.Which other side of the story, that it was rigged? A sitting president for 22 years could could not outrig his opposition, na lie...He lost and the whole world knows.The UN,AU and ECOWAS are against his stay.Senegal is a member nation in the UN security council and have made it known to the UN what is up.....Give me a reliable link where ECOWAS told nigeria(the most important nation in ECOWAS) to release a prisoner.Int'l politics dont work as u think.....stop reading those #20 newspaper or hearing a radio channel based on propanganda.Research and think for yourself...Thats how i was somewhere and some guyz were telling me how soldiers were been trained in the jungle with sophisticated weapon ready to aid the seccession cause(biafra).Hw will an educated person beileve this, mere propanganda.....
You've not heard another hearsay that the agreement one region signed to be part of one Nigeria for 100 years expired in 2014 and Nigeria has refused to honour the agreement to let them leave after the expiration of the deal?

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Firefire(m): 10:52am On Jan 19, 2017
Corrinthians:
Are you an ipob zombie? Why the hurt?

DickTator1:

Omenka how far? What happened to progressive1 or Iroh or the several usernames you use?
Even if you use Detronomy as surname you'd still be found out. grin grin
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by guychidile: 10:57am On Jan 19, 2017
how I wish,bloodshed will be averted.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 19, 2017
Wise man.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by emi14: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
KINGwax007:
Smart guy. The guy must be from Yoruba decent...

Intelligent and witty... Not forgetting senses.

Why fight a lost war?

In the end, they die, children starved and their jammeh go enter woman cloth, escape to Abidjan

Hehehe...see Biafrans faces as they read the last sentences... cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're not far from reality. The same Yoruba that voted the best performing president in the world..President M.Buhari . Your brains are supper. Congratulations.
Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by vicadex07(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
EmilyShoton:

Photo below is actually when they are happy

lol... you should be a comedian...

1 Like

Re: Gambia Army Chief Says Troops Will Not Fight Intervention by EmilyShoton(f): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
grin
vicadex07:

lol... you should be a comedian...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ECO: West Africa Renames CFA Franc But Keeps It Pegged To Euro / Photo Of Prime Minister May Bowing To Prince Williams Sparks Mockery Online / UK To Send 120 Armoured Vehicles To Ukraine As Boris Johnson Meets Zelensky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.