Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo (51415 Views)

Lionel Messi Talks About Nigeria Qualifying For Russia World Cup / Lionel Messi Talks Tough On Instagram User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by mayoor15(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

Truth is, I see Ronaldo squaring Messi, and the dream of another UCL win is stronger. Most Pundits have tipped Madrid to retain the title, which would mean that we would be creating history by being the first team to defend the UCL title since it was modified since the 90s.

Ronaldo's motivation is Messi and vice versa. Messi is one horrible liar undecided
I laugh at everything you wrote there, last season barca did well till they lost the el classico, then lost 3 consecutive games, the season almost went off the rail till when the MSN rose up, Ronaldo is more of a liability to Madrid Now, look at against sevilla and celta de vigo, Madrid has lost two at a bounce, up next is Malaga, then Celta midweek then Real sociedad the weekend then I think celta again in the league, in all sincerity in Madrid next few games, they will drop a lot of points and that will affect confidence level which will definitely impact their performance in champions league, even with a game in hand, the li liga that was a week ago for real is looking shaky, advantage barca has will be d fact that they will play some big guns early in the second half of d season, if sevilla continues to do well against the top 6-7 and barca can pick up their best form, don't be surprised Madrid drop to 3rd before the end of March. About retaining the champions league....Forget it, its not happening anytime soon

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Sanchez01: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
Anticorruption:

same way madrid serviced ronaldo last night and still lost
Losing is all but natural.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Sanchez01: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
mayoor15:
I laugh at everything you wrote there, last season barca did well till they lost the el classico, then lost 3 consecutive games, the season almost went off the rail till when the MSN rose up, Ronaldo is more of a liability to Madrid Now, look at against sevilla and celta de vigo, Madrid has lost two at a bounce, up next is Malaga, then Celta midweek then Real sociedad the weekend then I think celta again in the league, in all sincerity in Madrid next few games, they will drop a lot of points and that will affect confidence level which will definitely impact their performance in champions league, even with a game in hand, the li liga that was a week ago for real is looking shaky, advantage barca has will be d fact that they will play some big guns early in the second half of d season, if sevilla continues to do well against the top 6-7 and barca can pick up their best form, don't be surprised Madrid drop to 3rd before the end of March. About retaining the champions league....Forget it, its not happening anytime soon
Of course it's possible. After all, we are talking football here and it is very unpredictable. However, the emboldened is obviously bias and purely sentimental. CR7 has never been, and would never be a liability to any team. Players have bad days every season, but saying he is a liability when he clearly pilots the team in the absence of Bale, who completes his trio, is sheer sentiment.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by mayoor15(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

Of course it's possible. After all, we are talking football here and it is very unpredictable. However, the emboldened is obviously bias and purely sentimental. CR7 has never been, and would never be a liability to any team. Players have bad days every season, but saying he is a liability when he clearly pilots the team in the absence of Bale, who completes his trio, is sheer sentiment.
Pilots the team you say, how many of Madrid 40 unbeaten games did he start and score in? since bale was injured, how many games has he score the winner or made the key pass? Look at his selfish attitude against Sevilla and when morata came on yesterday?. Madrid might have won both games if not for his selfishness, a selfish player will always be a liability cos he can't always score in every game....Where was Ronaldo against Barca, did he pilot the team, I can even tell you that at present a Modric is more important than a Ronaldo, remove modric from that middle and tell me who will pull the strings....Madrid has just started the suffering cos I tell you more defeats to come till Ronaldo change his style and understand that he will be 32 in days time and he needs to start opening up for the younger ones like vazquez, morata etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by dorocent(m): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
He knows Ronaldo is the best but wont just admit it...I smell JEALOUSY
i spell selfishness from ur own point of veiw
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
mayoor15:
Pilots the team you say, how many of Madrid 40 unbeaten games did he start and score in? since bale was injured, how many games has he score the winner or made the key pass? Look at his selfish attitude against Sevilla and when morata came on yesterday?. Madrid might have won both games if not for his selfishness, a selfish player will always be a liability cos he can't always score in every game....Where was Ronaldo against Barca, did he pilot the team, I can even tell you that at present a Modric is more important than a Ronaldo, remove modric from that middle and tell me who will pull the strings....Madrid has just started the suffering cos I tell you more defeats to come till Ronaldo change his style and understand that he will be 32 in days time and he needs to start opening up for the younger ones like vazquez, morata etc

leave that sachez dude
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

ronaldo and pilot cant be in the same sentence

ramos would sound better
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by ezra1990: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
EdegbeLine:
Without messi, not just football but the whole earth would have been worthless.
Is dat ur own opinion? Fool!!! y not say dat u are worthless
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by ezra1990: 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
EdegbeLine:
Is dat ur own opinion? y not say dat u are worthless
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Dennishopsin(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Ya the best picture taker arnd....
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by theimmortals(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
EdegbeLine:

Honestly.....

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
They are both good players. I like Em both. I like mercy more for his decency and modesty

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by toonzay(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
[b][/b][sup][/sup]He said his own motivation "comes from wanting to do well for Barcelona and Argentina, and the fans.”
Not striving to be highest goal scorer or trying to be like waviest of all himself.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by LorDBolton(m): 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

The truth is, Messi leaving Barcelona would be the very death of him. He does so well in Barcelona because people work for him, something the club's director said that made the club sack him recently.

If one would compare the Messi of Argentina and that of Barcelona, you would see a very sharp difference. Argentina is a star-studded side, yet they struggle even with the presence of Messi in the team. I've always said one thing about Guardiola from the outset; he is good but not as good as the world think he is.

Guardiola is good but not even elite level good jare

At barca he had MESSI

Remove suarez and even this useless Luis enrique will go trophyless cos he doesn't know how to use neymar, + he also has MESSI

The useless guardiola went to bbayer...what did he do? He decimated the only real opposition by buying gotze and lewandoski!

With that move considering dortmunds lack of financial muscle like bayern he automatically won bundes.

Oya win UCL? E NO FIT!

Let him keep buying, EPL will expose his mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by bamasite2: 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
That is the true spirit of sportsmanship!

THURSDAY 004 BRAIN TRAINING EXERCISE

1. QUESTION:

*Shape*

*Disturb*   

*Shake*   

*Upshot*   

*Alter*

Which word is the odd one out?
http://puzzlesplanet..com.ng/2017/01/NEW-YEAR-BRAIN-TRAINING-EXERCISES-THURSDAY004-SERIES.html
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by legendte(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

The truth is, Messi leaving Barcelona would be the very death of him. He does so well in Barcelona because people work for him, something the club's director said that made the club sack him recently.

If one would compare the Messi of Argentina and that of Barcelona, you would see a very sharp difference. Argentina is a star-studded side, yet they struggle even with the presence of Messi in the team. I've always said one thing about Guardiola from the outset; he is good but not as good as the world think he is.
Your argument lacks merit.
Messi is currently the highest goal scorer for Argentina at the age of 29.
Truth is that Messi makes the difference. Mourinho said that. Plying your trade in one club doesn't make you a bad player. Moving around doesn't make you a better player either.
Raul achieved success in just one club until after 30 years. Does this your point make Ryan Giggs a bad player?
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by peterd53(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
LorDBolton:

Guardiola is good but not even elite level good jare

At barca he had MESSI

Remove suarez and even this useless Luis enrique will go trophyless cos he doesn't know how to use neymar, + he also has MESSI

The useless guardiola went to bbayer...what did he do? He decimated the only real opposition by buying gotze and lewandoski!

With that move considering dortmunds lack of financial muscle like bayern he automatically won bundes.

Oya win UCL? E NO FIT!

Let him keep buying, EPL will expose his mediocrity

guy u called. a coach wit over 20 trophies useless?? dz is his first season in England nd d league isn't over yet. I don't think, he is doin dat bad considering d fact dat he is still atop of mourinho's. United
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by EdegbeLine: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
theimmortals:

Honestly.....
Your problem!
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Sanchez01: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
legendte:

Your argument lacks merit.
Messi is currently the highest goal scorer for Argentina at the age of 29.
Truth is that Messi makes the difference. Mourinho said that. Plying your trade in one club doesn't make you a bad player. Moving around doesn't make you a better player either.
Raul achieved success in just one club until after 30 years. Does this your point make Ryan Giggs a bad player?

In all national competition, Messi has 57 goals, while Ronaldo, 68.
Competitive games, Messi has 30, while Ronaldo has 54.

Messi was able to edge closer to Ronaldo because he scored more friendly goals than Ronaldo and then fizzle out in important matches.

Messi is good, no doubt, but he is a shadow of himself when it comes to international matches. Age has nothing to do with goal scoring. We have seen so many late peakers in the game. Bring up stats to buttress your claim against Messi being the difference in Argentina.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by EdegbeLine: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
ezra1990:
Is dat ur own opinion? y not say dat u are worthless
Not my opinion, its our opinion.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by LoveJesus87(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
Dee60:

It is the job of the poor and the jobless to create myths about one succesful person fighting each other.

OBJ and IBB will exchange banters and help one another - but the poor will continue to have an illusion that the two dont see eye to eye.

Just as they have created an impression that Tinubu and PMB dont see eye to eye.

Ronaldo will hug Messi and move on. They are both super rich. Yet some fellow will tell you how they dot see eye to eye.

Poverty of the mind is as bad as poverty itself.

I reject poverty of the mind. I reject poverty.
Amen
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by wizsolzy(m): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
Dee60:

It is the job of the poor and the jobless to create myths about one succesful person fighting each other.

OBJ and IBB will exchange banters and help one another - but the poor will continue to have an illusion that the two dont see eye to eye.

Just as they have created an impression that Tinubu and PMB dont see eye to eye.

Ronaldo will hug Messi and move on. They are both super rich. Yet some fellow will tell you how they dot see eye to eye.

Poverty of the mind is as bad as poverty itself.

I reject poverty of the mind. I reject poverty.

Tell dat woman for ur conner to give u one bottle of goldberg I go transfer d money for u
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by legendte(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sanchez01:

In all national competition, Messi has 57 goals, while Ronaldo, 68.
Competitive games, Messi has 30, while Ronaldo has 54.

Messi was able to edge closer to Ronaldo because he scored more friendly goals than Ronaldo and then fizzle out in important matches.

Messi is good, no doubt, but he is a shadow of himself when it comes to international matches. Age has nothing to do with goal scoring. We have seen so many late peakers in the game. Bring up stats to buttress your claim against Messi being the difference in Argentina.
Fizzle out you say?
Have you ever compared their goal per game ratio?
What exactly or what difference does Ronaldo bring to Portugal that Messi doesn't give to Argentina. He was only unlucky to miss the last copa trophy. He scored 5 goals and created 4 assists. If we are truthful, we both know that Messi had a better outing than Ronaldo with Portugal at the euro. Don't tell me he won euro. He wasn't even on the pitch and we have seen small countries win euro. .....Greece in 2004.
Messi was voted the best in 2005 under 20 world cup and was again voted the best in 2014 world cup. He was also the best in 2015 copa. That is the influence a player has. Tell me any tournament that Ronaldo was named the best.
Ronaldo or any other player can have a better year than Messi but no one can better him as the Golden boy of this generation.
Make your research, we have Pele, Maradona and Messi fighting for the GOAT.
Ronaldo is playing catch up with Messi.
Age has a lot to do in football. ....your years increase your number of games and improves your stats.
Messi won everything individually at just 28

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by LorDBolton(m): 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
peterd53:

guy u called. a coach wit over 20 trophies useless?? dz is his first season in England nd d league isn't over yet. I don't think, he is doin dat bad considering d fact dat he is still atop of mourinho's. United

Sorry bros but what is 20 trophies?

Pls don't count his bundesliga trophy cos bayern sef no count they brought him in for UCL (AND shockingly won it the season b4 he came sef). He was unable to win it thus he FAILED

Same way mmourinhofailed at madrid but succeeded at inter (they brought mourinho for UCL)

EVEN at barca I insist having messi really helped him

Now he's in a league where even watford can spend 15-20m on a player, this isn't la liga or especially bundesliga where u can easily buy a rivals player and weaken the opposition

This is conte's first season yet chelsea are top! Do u know how much guardiola spent on sane, Gabriel jesus, bravo, stones, nolito combined? Thus he was HEAVILY. BACKED IN THE TRANSFER MKT
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Alabi1997(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
Well done! World best.
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by 2uung(m): 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
ObaKlaz:
Pls, tell me which of the guys you've just listed that MESSI hasn't surpassed.
dude u said d only best player ever liveth dox i mentiond were also best players durin their tym
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by peterd53(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
LorDBolton:

Pls don't count his bundesliga trophy cos bayern sef no count they brought him in for UCL (AND shockingly won it the season b4 he came sef). He was unable to win it thus he FAILED

Same way mmourinhofailed at madrid but succeeded at inter (they brought mourinho for UCL)

Now he's in a league where even watford can spend 15-20m on a player, this isn't la liga or especially bundesliga where u can easily buy a rivals player and weaken the opposition

This is conte's first season yet chelsea are top! Do u know how much guardiola spent on sane, Gabriel jesus, bravo, stones, nolito combined? Thus he was HEAVILY. BACKED IN THE TRANSFER MKT
LorDBolton:

LorDBolton:

yeah messi really help him, same way as he help messi develop. cuz a good coach nid great players 2 achieve great tinz in a consistent basis.

Also d problem with guardiola, is d inability of his summer signing 2 deliver wen called upon.... for instance: stones(error prone nd lack of confidence) ,sane nd ikkay gundogan(injuries and fitness issue) nolito ( flop). so he is jst been frustrated by his signing nd I hope Gabriel Jesus delivers, so let just give him some time

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by LasoulMacuby(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
Chai! Ronaldo, bad guy, in the pic see the way he placed his hands on Messi's shoulder. In his mind he is like "my boy, my boy"
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by jawnieJorh(m): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by jawnieJorh(m): 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=jawnieJorh post=52950993][/quote]

Re: Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo by Emerikoss: 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
ObaKlaz:
Pls, tell me which of the guys you've just listed that MESSI hasn't surpassed.
Oga shatap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: U23 AFCON (0 - 0) Full Time / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.