Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

private centre in lagos? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / private centre in lagos? (5526 Views)

The Ebola Isolation Centre In Kuje, Abuja (Pictures) / Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria / Best Fertility Centre In India- Online Queries And Suggestions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

private centre in lagos? by quest003: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2009
Any private psych in lagos?
Re: private centre in lagos? by posakosa(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2009
Aren't Pastors the New psychiatrists in lagos. why not go to church.
Re: private centre in lagos? by sd6: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
Dont worry man u'll get over it. Take imipramine 25mg first day, 50mg second day and 75mg third day and continue with 75mg for at least two months. Pls see a psychiatric doc to approve this. Note dat the drug takes time to work and u may feel worse the first few days
Re: private centre in lagos? by cheche2(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
quest003:

Moderator plz dnt delete, i beg u-Fellow members, pls can anybody hlp wit d address of a private psychiatric clinic here in lagos. I'm a depression sufferer and i've realised dat 4 me 2 really make it further in life i nid 2 make sure i conquer this stumbling block. Plz hlp out!Fellow members, pls can anybody hlp wit d address of a private psychiatric clinic here in lagos. I'm a depression sufferer and i've realised dat 4 me 2 really make it further in life i nid 2 make sure i conquer this stumbling block. Plz hlp out!Moderator plz don't delete, i'm begin u - Fellow members, pls can anybody hlp wit d address of any private psychiatric clinic here in lagos. I'm a depression sufferer and i've realised dat 4 me 2 really make it further in life i nid 2 make sure i conquer this stumbling block. Plz hlp out!
Now i see why you really need a psychia,  cheesy cheesy cheesy But in your own case i dont think they can do anything here in Nigeria. maybe they should fly you Abroad. grin grin grin
Re: private centre in lagos? by atilla(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2009
Why dont you talk to your personal doctor Im sure they can refer you to their Psychiatrist
I dont know any private clinics but i know there is Yaba Psychiatric clinic, at harley street yaba in Lagos. Thats the only one that I can think of for now or try going to luth at idi araba at surulere.

Try and take it easy and dont think too much, Keep urself engaged in things u like doing and take things one at a time, you will definitely get better.
Re: private centre in lagos? by coolier(f): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
quest003:

I'm a depression sufferer and i've realised dat 4 me 2 really make it further in life i nid 2 make sure i conquer this stumbling block. Plz hlp out!

Reassessment. Good. First step to your healing.

1 Like

Re: private centre in lagos? by atilla(m): 3:31am On Dec 09, 2009
I passed a place called Aro Neuro Psychiatric hospital on the way home yesterday. Its at Jibowu, by the railway line at the road at the end of tejuosho market, yaba. Good luck mate
Re: private centre in lagos? by dominique(f): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2009
atilla:

I passed a place called Aro Neuro Psychiatric hospital on the way home yesterday. Its at Jibowu, by the railway line at the road at the end of tejuosho market, yaba. Good luck mate

what the heck is that if you dont have any meaningful contribution, then dont mislead the poster

@quest003
why is it important you visit a private psychiatric hospital, you can try out THE FEDERAL NEURO-PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL,YABA popularly known as "yaba west". i dont want to believe they treat only mad people. you can try their hotline; 01-7744570 and ask which type of treatment best suits you.
good luck.
Re: private centre in lagos? by atilla(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2009
@poster

howfar hope ur health is ok? let us know when u go to the clinic??
Re: private centre in lagos? by grandstar(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2009
Go to the Pentagon building at Opebi. There is a phychiatric clinic there called syntheziz.

Wish you the best!!!!!
Re: private centre in lagos? by realmaster(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
hellooooo,
I also find my self in the same terrible situation like you do. I am presently taking treatment here in delta state. I always feel inferior in the mist of my mates and this has made me to act timidly, i no longer talk confidently, and secondly i am always looking sad. Nothing intrests me anymore. please help with your advise because my Doctor has told me that its not going to be easy that i need to take it easy with myself. Please help with any of your advise that you can render, i want to be the happy boy i use to be
Re: private centre in lagos? by grandstar(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2009
You are probably suffering from social anxiety.

Go to google and search "social anxiety" or "social phobia".

I too suffer from it. There are some medication you can take but its best you see a phychologist as well.

All exercise a lot. It makes you feel better. Jog and do press ups. Press-ups helps you to contain fear.

Hows your relationship with your parents? Are they overprotective? Or over possessive? Or domineering?

Always feel free to email me.
Re: private centre in lagos? by beneli(m): 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
grandstar:

You are probably suffering from social anxiety.

Go to google and search "social anxiety" or "social phobia".

I too suffer from it. There are some medication you can take but its best you see a phychologist as well.

All exercise a lot. It makes you feel better. Jog and do press ups. Press-ups helps you to contain fear.

Hows your relationship with your parents? Are they overprotective? Or over possessive? Or domineering?

Always feel free to email me.

He 'probably' isn't. He didn't give you enough information for you to jump to such a conclusion. Your advice is uninformed.
Re: private centre in lagos? by grandstar(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
Re: private centre in lagos? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
update?

@ op.

were you able to get treatment.
Re: private centre in lagos? by tpia5: 10:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
sd-6:
Dont worry man u'll get over it. Take imipramine 25mg first day, 50mg second day and 75mg third day and continue with 75mg for at least two months. Pls see a psychiatric doc to approve this. Note dat the drug takes time to work and u may feel worse the first few days

quite risky prescribing stuff over the internet in this manner.

1 Like

Re: private centre in lagos? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:
update?

@ op.

were you able to get treatment.

I'm wondering too.
Re: private centre in lagos? by mentaldchamp: 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
I've been dealing with mental health for sometime, infact its worsened after taking medications prescribed from a fed mental hospital,i find it hard to remember things,i mostly not happy among other things i cant work, life's really hard i need to talk to someone maybe you do too. my email is mentaldchamp@gmail.com
Re: private centre in lagos? by MoonChildng: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
I believe in the power of the internet ,why not google up natural remedies that can heal you with no side effects ?
I know for a truth that detoxifying the liver especially helps to remedy most ailments
Do you sleep well at night ?
mentaldchamp:
I've been dealing with mental health for sometime, infact its worsened after taking medications prescribed from a fed mental hospital,i find it hard to remember things,i mostly not happy among other things i cant work, life's really hard i need to talk to someone maybe you do too. my email is mentaldchamp@gmail.com
Re: private centre in lagos? by starkids: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2016
@mentaldchamp.drop your mail and let me direct you to one
Re: private centre in lagos? by SIRPETROS(m): 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=SIRPETROS post=42352133]

Yes. Dr Ogunnubi O Peter ( a LUTH trained Psychiatrist) is the medical director at GRACE COTTAGE CLINIC - A privately owned mental health facility here in ilupeju Lagos.

You can check their website at:

www.gracecottagehospital.org.ng ; www.gracecottageclinics.webs.com

or call 08057886636; 09090100055

1 Share

Re: private centre in lagos? by zweet: 11:10am On May 20, 2016
There is an outpatient psychiatric clinic in abuja when my sister was going though depression we contacted them and the doctor was able to treat her without us even traveling....the doctor (a US trained psychiatrist) was communicating with her via phone and skype...that is something they use at their center they call it telepsychiatry so that they can help people across Nigeria...their website is www.melvillehealthcarecenter.com it was really convinent since she didnt have to leave lagos.
Re: private centre in lagos? by yashau(m): 1:33am On Aug 01, 2016
mentaldchamp:
hello guy am dealing with my self l just howfar u have go on health cos i I'll Like u refere me to where u got treated.... I'll be glad to heard from u....tnx
Re: private centre in lagos? by experience001: 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
There is a private psychiatry hospital in Surulere, Lagos.

The happy family hospital
77, Falolu Street, off Akerele, Surulere

You can check them up on the internet.

I hope I have been able to help.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Kano's Index Case, 9 Others Discharged / Primus Hospital Karu, Health Tip Of The Day: Eat Right, Live Healthier! / Safe And Unsafe Periods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.