Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria (6678 Views)

The Ebola Isolation Centre In Kuje, Abuja (Pictures) / Best Fertility Centre In India- Online Queries And Suggestions / Nigeria’s First Comprehensive Cancer Centre To Gulp N10b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Ayekotoo(m): 11:54am On Oct 13, 2013
Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has revealed that the state government would soon establish a cancer centre in the state to bring relief to victims of the scourge.
He said the centre, the first of its kind in Africa, would be established in Sagamu Local Government.
Governor Amosun, who made this disclosure while commissioning a primary health center to mark the first year in office of the Chairman of Sagamu Local Government , Mrs Funmilayo Efuwape, revealed that ‘’arrangements have been concluded to cite first cancer center in Africa in our state.” According to him, “This center would be a Mecca of some sorts as people will throng into Ogun with Cancer issues and cancer related complaints to have the best medical care.” Congratulating residents of Sagamu for being the area of choice for the unique center, the Governor commended the Chairman for buying into the rebuilding mission of his administration with the construction of the ultra-modern primary health center that would help ease health challenges of the people.
Apparently impressed with the level of facilities in the health centre, Senator Amosun said,‘’I invite the World Health Organisation,World Bank and other multinationals to come and see what we are doing here. But this is just a tip of the iceberg because more is still on the way.’’ He said that present administration would not relent in its commitment to fulfilling its electoral promises on health, adding that the on-going educational and infrastructural revolution as well as provision of adequate security of lives and property in the Gateway State were evidence of a new dawn in the state.
The governor noted that ‘’The quality of the roads we are constructing in all parts of the state can rival any good road, anywhere in the world.
‘’Our security has vastly improved. Gradually, we will flush out criminals in the state. Anybody that wants to introduce violence in your community, just open up to the security operatives. We must all join hands together in this crusade,’’ he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/23679-ogun-plans-first-cancer-centre-in-africa.html
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
Omo ogun ise ya
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
God bless nigeria, God bless ogun
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by iamswizz(m): 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
How many cancer patients are in Ogun State? How much shall it cost? Is this the priority now in Ogun state? Akute and Lambe roads are bad.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
e go make sense o
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Jelo4kul(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Cancer centre my foot,,dey neva even make research of d drugs in Nigeria talkmore of building a centre for dat. I think dats a cyber cafe centre grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ogun shd try and implement one of its numerous plans nah.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Decapo: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nice move
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Oga,focus on rebranding OOUTH and stop this political crinkum crankum.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by sweetkev(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Fake news.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
So many ignorant people on this thread!! my goodness, do you guys know the meaning of cancer?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Pls stop all these unverifiable intentions and plans.....
What brand of nonsense is this, govt plans to do this, govt intends to do that,

What happened to govt has done this. Things that can be verified.

Nigerians who believe crap like this to the point of writing it in news papers are the ones who give these theives in power the mind to take us for a ride.

We refused to be fooled

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by 80million1: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Another FIRST from my State. Proudly Ogun State!
I'm an IJEBU boy!
Ijebu, omo alaare!
E weso!

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by babaowo: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
ishagamu road to ikorodu where cement plant are, those road can give someone cancer,they need to fix,may GOD help amosun and other good govenrment who willing to care for people in jesus name amen
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by 80million1: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
lakhadimar: Omo ogun ise ya
Omo Ogun, kin sho le!
(Ogun citizens are not lazy)
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Keneking: How many cancer patients are in Ogun State? How much shall it cost? Is this the priority now in Ogun state? Akute and Lambe roads are bad.
haters In the thread again. Let's say the man is doing nothing, u'll all complain. Now the man is working, and you guys are still complaining again.
Talking about priority, what could be more important than the health of citizens in a state?
BTW, GOD BLESS NIGERIA,
GOD BLESS OGUN STATE.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by AdexAbbey(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
I jst lyk 2 comment...

HAPI SUNDAY...
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
This is a welcomed development. I hope it sees the light of the day.

Such initiatives are hard to come by, owing to the calibre of people we have as selected. leaders rulers.

I wonder how much it will cost Nigeria to have sophisticated multi-purpose health centres or special ones.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by StEdwin(m): 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
Why are nigerian governors always saying "the first of its kind in africa" whenever they want to construct a project..... Sounds uneducated....

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by s3nn2x(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
Really? First iN Africa! Na wa ooo. I thought Turai's Cancer centre was the first (although it has not been completed-what even happened to the money that was donated towards the project?) in Nigeria.

Anyways, I wonder what is the benefit of having the 'first' cancer centre in Nigeria?

He did not even say when it will be established and how long it will take.

Does it mean that Nigerians would wait till he completes it before others build theirs.

He actually reminds me of the 'first to comment crew'.

Goodluck to him sha!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by brunnet: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rubbish!!! even if it is in 10years time u'll keep on telling me Ogun plans this, Ogun plans that?? Why can't u tell me what Ogun State has done?. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by skyscraperTM(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
λ welcome ∂evelopmeηt !
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
I hope HATERS would get treated their as soon as it is completed cos bad blood leads to cancer.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by slimmingcare(f): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
thats a good news
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jelo4kul: Cancer centre my foot,,dey neva even make research of d drugs in Nigeria talkmore of building a centre for dat. I think dats a cyber cafe centre grin grin grin grin

I know say you go beef
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by doctokwus: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
This method has always worked for me& I recommend to others,because its proven almost fullproof:whenever u want to test d validity& authenticity of any nigerian govt project and u come across d phrase(s);"first in the world";"first in africa","world class,never before done",know its not a viable project& its just an avenue for somebody to scam d country or state.
This Amosun project falls into d categories above,its an avenue to rip off d state.By d way there are cancer centres in south africa

1 Like

Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Ismahill(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
Keneking: How many cancer patients are in Ogun State? How much shall it cost? Is this the priority now in Ogun state? Akute and Lambe roads are bad.
if to say ur MAMA or ur SISTER gt cancer, u go knw say na priority.
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Ismahill(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
I dy always notice smtin 4 nairaland. If there is a nyc development in d west, all diz nigerdelta pple go dy talk rubbish,dy tink lyk fish. Bt if dm tlk say patience jonathan slap IG Wife, dm go say na nyc development. OGA O
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by Gwekzy: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
One thing is to plan another is to Execute
Re: Ogun Plans First Cancer Centre In Nigeria by saved: 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
#80million:
Another FIRST from my State. Proudly Ogun State!
I'm an IJEBU boy!
Ijebu, omo alaare!
E weso!
:-- - Sorry your state will be number two if it is not a white Elephant project. Ekiti state just commissioned the first cancer centre on Friday, 11th Oct. In Ado-Ekiti and named it after the former deputy governor that died of cancer. Check out this fact .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enlarge Your Butt And Hips In Minutes / FDA Authorizes Pfizer Pill To Treat COVID-19 In Major Advance / Most Active Health Blogs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.