Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN (887 Views)

3,500 Ondo Rice Farmers For CBN Dry Season Farming / We Can Supply You Sufficient Agric Produces And Solid Mineral / Naira To Sell At N415/$ As CBN Sustains Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by gabonsky: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Branch Controller, Central Bank of Nigeria, Awka, Mr. Chuks Sokari, on Wednesday said the country was gradually becoming self-sufficient in rice production going by its availability during the Yuletide.
Image result for images of rice production

Sokari said this during a town hall meeting in Awka with stakeholders involved in the CBN’s Anchor Borrowers Programme for rice production in Anambra.

He said the key role played by stakeholders in the country, especially in the state, contributed largely to the increase in rice yield in 2016.

He said, “I am confident that through this CBN programme, rice production will double in this country.

“By extension, this is sure to reduce poverty among small-holder farmers.’’

The branch controller said the state had accessed N2bn as at December 2016 from the programme’s funds.

He said that farmers could access the funds as a group of between five and 20; but they must open an account with any of the participating banks in the state.

He said, “From what is in the programnme, each state is expected to bring up a crop that has some production advantages.

“On the basis of that, they can approach the CBN through the participating institutions for funding.
“However, the loans must be repaid within five months through the produce.”

Earlier, the state Commissioner for Agriculture, Mechanisation, Processing and Export, Mr. Afam Mbanefo, said the CBN funds would scale up activities in the state’s agricultural sector.

Mbanefo, who was represented by Mr. Jude Nwankwo, said the ministry had concluded plans to double yields this year for export which would also conserve foreign exchange.

The Branch Head, Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Cooperative, Mr. Andrew Oseloka, urged farmers to indemnify their farms against damages like fire, flood, drought, pests and rice diseases for quick recovery.

In his remarks, the State Coordinator, IFAD-assisted Value Chain Development Programme, Mr. Emmanuel Agwuncha, said 10, 000 rice farmers would be registered for the CBN initiative in 10 local government areas.

Agwuncha said the farmers would be trained on good agronomic practices, business management and cooperative principles and dynamics in rice farming.

According to him, the town hall meeting is aimed at sensitising stakeholders on the modalities and approaches required of them to access funds from the CBN anchor borrowers programme.

Source: http://gabrielatanbiyi..com.ng/2017/01/nigeria-becoming-self-sufficient-in.html

Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Pilar4u(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Soon, now yet
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by maryjan8(f): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dingbang u see this? Maybe u should leave school and be a rice farmer
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by dingbang(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
Dingbang u see this? Maybe u should leave school and be a rice farmer
Yea I want to... U got a farm over there?
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
dingbang:
Yea I want to... U got a farm over there?
boy undecided no.
This valerie ,not 1 of those chicks u chase up am down tongue

I think u should seriously consider rice farming
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by dingbang(m): 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
boy undecided no.
This valerie ,not 1 of those chicks u chase up am down tongue

I think u should seriously consider rice farming
u think I would chase you even if I am blind? Really...
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
dingbang:
u think I would chase you even if I am blind? Really...
Ha ha cheesy
U did more than chase wink but I'm not here to recount the past.

I saw yer thread on the possible cause of Nigeria's rice issues being over consumption

And I saw this thread and thought how lucrative rice farming could be in Nigeria and for u.

U see how adult and civil I am even though yer older? grin
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by dingbang(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
Ha ha cheesy
U did more than chase wink but I'm not here to recount the past.

I saw yer thread on the possible cause of Nigeria's rice issues being over consumption

And I saw this thread and thought how lucrative rice farming could be in Nigeria and for u.

U see how adult and civil I am even though yer older? grin
lmao....you just need my attention. Admit it
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
dingbang:
lmao....you just need my attention. Admit it
there are lots of boys here,I don't NEED any1 mans attention

I've said what I've come to say
undecided but apparently u can't be serious and discuss buisness

I'm being nice and civil with u but don't misunderstand my intentions undecided
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by dingbang(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
there are lots of boys here,I don't NEED any1 mans attention

I've said what I've come to say
undecided but apparently u can't be serious and discuss buisness
i meant business when I asked if u got land over there, but your warped mind thought I was wooing you
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
dingbang:
i meant business when I asked if u got land over there, but your warped mind thought I was wooing you
I didn't say u were wooing me ,I thought u thought I was 1 new chick

And I answered yet question too
undecided anyways,I said all I gotta . bye
Re: Nigeria Becoming Self-sufficient In Rice Production – CBN by dingbang(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
I didn't say u were wooing me ,I thought u thought I was 1 new chick

And I answered yet question too
undecided anyways,I said all I gotta . bye
run away like always do

(1) (Reply)

See How Dogs Are Transported Somewhere In Nigeria: Photo / Monrole Global / Snacking Time: Learn How To Make All These Snacks In One Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.