Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

THE Trump They Wanted You To Believe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / THE Trump They Wanted You To Believe (354 Views)

Facebook CEO Knocks Twitter For Fact-checking Trump They Aren't Arbiter Of Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE Trump They Wanted You To Believe by PatriotTemidayo: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Wherever you are in the world, and whatever language you speak, every tongues and people have their gazes fixated on the inauguration of Donald Trump, The Rookie that took the whitehouse in just 18 months. Like him or not, here we are, witnessing the enthronement of the 45th president of the United State, in his person.
......................_________.......................
While a part of the world believe in the illegitimacy of his presidency, some parts believe he earned the crown, yet another just dont care how it happened, legitimate or not, such as live in the present, not the past, and neither the future. If you take a while for a breather, inhaling a graceful ambience that delete unjustifiable discrimination, I'll ask you a simple question:
"what do you think of the person and views of Donald Trump?"
................____________..................
If it were an open contest of debate, such question would last eternity. That is because of the varied nature of people's opinions, either diligently carved opinions, or opinions inherited from one person to another without holistic justification. Rather than lead you on unwittingly, I'll simply let you digest the weight of that question. Again, what do you think of the person of Donald J. Trump?
...............__________...................
Wait! Don't shoot yet! I know you have an already-made answer, one you've formed in the time past. But what I want us to do is dissect him according to his views and plans, and not necessarily the delivery of his utterances, which is one of the judging factors people used in creating opinions about him.
................_____________...................
In the late 80s, I had an uncle who moved from ivory coast to the US. He would come home like every 3years into the 90s, and tell us lota things about the United State Of America. Bad or good, as it was, the slogan "GOD BLESS AMERICA" was always on his tongue, not because he was a citizen then, but as an exclamation to make us feel how great the country, its people and the standard of living was. Even without stepping the stair case of any US bound aircraft, the imagination was beautiful. Fast forward to today, this present America. What had or is changing?
..............._________.................
From my point of few, America was very great. Really really great. And even though I am not an America, I can confidently say that America is basically living the shadow of itself, what it used to be. I am passionate about the greatness of America so much that I used it as the epitome of a great nation in any of my discussion. If I were an America, a real patriot of America, I'll probably canvass for a greater America than Donald Trump Did. I would bring to the fore how things had changed so bad that the greatness of America is now debatable. I might not get too emotional and lousy like DJT, but I'll shout to high Heavens how the political dogma and conventional politics need to give way to a re-invention of the American Dream, nonetheless.
...............____________..............
Back to our questions, do you think Trump was wrong when he said the establishment has messed up America with politicking? Was he wrong that China Had taken all the jobs in America? Was he wrong to say Mexico-US border is the most famous and busy drug route in the world and that Mexico imports gangsterism? Was he wrong to say they have to screen and profile Arab Muslims on entering the US? Was it a bad call to want to build a wall to curb unprecedented drug baronage? Or was he wrong to say America should not be a dumping ground anymore?
.............__________................
If Africans have mediocres for leaders, and clapping-committee for citizens, some worlds dont. Some people are so passionate about their father lands that they cant allow illegality to have effect for too long, and to make effect, they shout it loud . Think about these loads of questions I asked before this last paragraph and then go back to answer the question:
"what do you think about the person and views of Donald Trump?"

I am Temidayo Kingheart.
A son of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Yahya Jammeh’s Misadventure / .S. Appeals Court Rejects Government's Request To Reinstate Trump’s Travel Ban / Emmanuel Macron Addresses The International Obsession Together With His Wife’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.