Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/01/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/01/17 (739 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/01/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/01/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/01/17 by dallyemmy: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : SATURDAY 21 JANUARY 2017

THEME: HOW SELFLESS ARE YOU?

Memorise:

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Mathew 20:28

Read: Matthew 20:24-28

24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.

25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

The Holy Spirit made it clear that some of the prevailing characteristics of people living in the last days would be selfishness, self-centredness and inconsideration of others (2nd Timothy 3:1-5). But for those of us who are the elect of God, He says this to us:

“Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.”
Philippians 2:4

If you are fully focused on yourself and hardly think of others, you have been overtaken by the bug of the last days. If all your prayer points are centred on yourself and your family, you will need the further work of grace to sanctify you. When you are filled with the compassion of Jesus, other people’s interests will be paramount in your heart. You will not want to offend them, and you will think more about their wellbeing. You will also intercede for people with various challenges in your extended family, church, community, state or nation. If you are struggling with helping others, you need to allow the Holy Spirit work on your mind to bring it in conformity with the mind of Christ.

When you manifest the mind of Christ, genuine humility will be seen in you. The mind of Christ will affect the way you run your business, ministry, family, etc. It will affect your love for those under you and the level of sacrifice you are willing to make for God and His people. Jesus could give up His life for many because of the kind of mindset He had. If you have the mind of Christ, regardless of the number of signs, wonders and miracles God has done through you, you will be unable to boss people around, virtually expecting people to worship you. If you have the mind of Christ, you will be a true servant leader, and you will obey God without conditions or limits. Only the fellow manifesting the mind of Christ will be able to give anything the Lord requests of him or her. With this mindset, just like Paul, you will be prepared to suffer any hardship, take any risk and even lose your life for Jesus (Acts 21:8-14). With the mind of Christ, you will be able to say like Paul,

“For to me to live in Christ, and to die is gain.”
Philippians 1:21

Prayer Point:

Ask that the Spirit of holiness will be manifest in the Body of Christ worldwide.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Mark 12-13 and Isaiah 18

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

1. On a hill far away
Stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown.

2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

(Refrain)

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

(Refrain)

4. To that old rugged cross I will ever be true,
its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
Where his glory forever I'll share.

(Refrain)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/01/17 by dallyemmy: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, ( Saturday, January 21st, 2017) - HOW SELFLESS ARE YOU? 

1.Thank you Jesus for leaving all your glory in heaven, to minister to men and to give your life, a ransom for the many.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.

3.Father, let the mind of Christ be made manifest in me and give me compassion for the poor, the needy, and the suffering masses.

4.Father, let every spirit of selfishness, self centeredness and, lack of consideration for others, be destroyed, in my life.

5.Father, give me the grace to put others first, in all that l do, and help me to put put myself, in the position of others before, taking any line of action.

6.Father, let every spirit and bug of the last days in my life, be consumed by your fire.

7.Father, no matter the level of my anointing and position in life, help me not to lord it over your flock, but to humbly minister and relate to them.

8.Father, give me the grace, to sacrificially help others, without expecting anything in return from them, but from you.

9.Father, let the spirit of holiness and righteousness, manifest in my life, and in the body of Christ, worldwide, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, let me be willing to suffer and sacrifice my time, happiness, comfort and resources, in order, that the poor and the captives, may be set free.

11.Holy Spirit, give me the grace never to be selfish, in the place of prayer, help me to pray for others, first, before, praying for myself. (1 Timothy 2:1).

12.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

All Muslims Should Condemn The Statement By MURIC / Christian Sects / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/09/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.