Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

10 Ways Nigerian Music Industry Can Be Improved - Primetweets - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Ways Nigerian Music Industry Can Be Improved - Primetweets (1321 Views)

Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 / Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos) / Top 10 Nigerian Music Countdown In 2017 So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways Nigerian Music Industry Can Be Improved - Primetweets by WizPrince1(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2017
[img]http://3.bp..com/-dTZK-PIhezE/WHlL1vSwelI/AAAAAAAACZA/3Mb3DCjIQt8i9FncgWJXET_Yb8paYrUggCLcB/s640/Davido-Wizkid-Olamide-Primetweets.jpg[/img]

The Nigerian music industry is known to be the most productive music industry in Africa due to the level of hit songs their Artistes produce. Artistes like, 2Face, PSquare, D’Banj, Wizkid, Davido, Tekno e.t.c. have all made the country proud because of their international recognition and with these names, the country can’t be forgotten when it comes to music worldwide.

Nigerian singers have good talents compared to foreign artistes but due to the current kind of music performed in her music industry, one would be pushed to argue that they barely understand what good music truly is. I’ve seen people write about funny ways in which one can attain fame in the industry, advising artistes to just go into the studio and do anything (rubbish) called music of which is not supposed to be so. What defines good music is in the lyrics and most Nigerian singers are good at writing out good lyrics but for the fact that they need that fame very urgent, they’ll switch to what others are doing.

This actually is not the fault of the upcoming musicians but those famous ones that wouldn’t want to change their style of music even after fame. This is because those upcoming artistes are looking unto them. People say they like Asa, why? Her kind of music is interesting to listen to. I won’t call names of hit songs that is making Nigerian music look local but all these need to stop. For how long are we going to be hearing about bum bum? For how long will famous artistes not write songs that will change people’s mindset for good? The other day, I asked someone why foreign songs can’t be forgotten easily and why Nigerian hit songs usually fade off within a short period after hit, he was just mute and couldn’t reply because it all goes back to the lyrics – how interesting it is.

Nigerian songs are highly criticized even though they are hits because they are not up to standard (that’s what most people believe). Often times, people will say it’s their way but don’t forget that it is due to the kind of music they do that makes people refer to them as worldly. As a fan of Nigerian music, I strongly believe that Nigerians have talent in singing and they are just following up what will make them achieve fame. In my little research, I’ve been able come up with a solution and below are ten ways I think Nigerian music industry can be improved if musicians can do this.

10 Ways Nigerian Music Industry Can Be Improved

1. Capture Inspiration Before Going To The Studio
A good singer is one who is led with inspiration. Therefore, if you want to do quality songs, always make sure you’re inspired by something and not just going to the studio to record.

2. Learn to Write Songs
One way to identify great songs is in their lyrics, that’s why it’s always important for artistes to write songs with well-arranged chorus and mind-blowing verses so that your audience can tell its meaning. You write songs to remember the lines.

3. Follow What’s Ideal – Be Original
Don’t follow what people did to achieve fame, follow what you think will make people talk about you. Always be original in lyrics and come up with a new style.

4. Listen to Songs from Foreign Artistes

Yes! You have good talent, but take time to listen to songs from foreign artistes, they have better songs – there’s a way their songs are arranged and you have a lot to learn from them.

5. Try Not to Think of the Money/Fame
One major thing that is killing Nigerian artistes’ is the idea of recording songs just because of fame and money. Music is not done like that. Some of these top songs you hear were done as freestyles that turn out to be hits. It’s the songs you won’t expect to gain audience attention that always come out successful even with little or no promotion.

6. Do Music with Passion and Love for It
Have it in your mind that the best way to gain success in anything you are doing is to build love for it. When you have passion for music, you’ll always be inspired to do something about it. Therefore, if you are doing music as a career, make sure you have love for it, else, quit for something you love doing most.

7. Pass a Good Message With your Lyrics

So many people shout when they hear punch lines – but are these punch lines telling any good meaning in real sense? One good way to capture the audience with your song is to pass a message they are familiar with; a message that needs public attention/awareness – a song they’ll always remember to listen so as to be inspired.

8. Learn to Train your Voice
This is one thing artistes should rely on if they truly love music as a career. These days, it’s hard to see upcoming artistes training their voices so as to get a perfect tune for their lyrics. Instead of them to do so, they’d rather get high on drugs – thinking it’s the best way to be inspired. After recording that drug influenced song with excessive shouting inside, you expect marketers to take you serious?

9. Learn to Appreciate People/Fans
The same industry you are in, there are people whom you need to give respect. I’m not only talking about the top artistes, but the promoters, marketers, producers and fans of your music. These people are the people that matters most in your career, therefore, always show little appreciation to them.

10. Promote your Song to the Public
Lastly, once you are done with these nine steps, it’s time to promote your music to the public for them to listen to what you’ve done and I assure you of success if you truly do as I said. Once one of your songs is liked by someone, he’ll always anticipate for your other works and once it’s like this, then know that such persons can introduce your music to their friends and loved ones because they find it interesting.

These 10 methods are some of the ways I think the Nigerian Music Industry can be improved. If artistes can adhere to this, changes will be observed. Note that it’s due to the way Nigerian songs are that makes some artistes to fade easily with their songs. If they can learn to write quality songs, they’ll always be remembered.

The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. Let’s make our music up to standard if we truly love the career.

Written By:

Pius Princewill
(Chief-writer/Editor, Primetweets)

http://www.primetweets.com.ng/2017/01/10-ways-nigerian-music-industry-can-be.html

(1) (Reply)

Download Dotman – Poppin’ Bottles (mp3) / Aluta Gyrations'20; Student's Struggle Lives On By Omobabaijebu / (DOWNLOAD MP3) Robin K – Bad Influence Ft. Bella Shmurda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.