Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh (432 Views)

Standoff Between Soldiers And ECOWAS Forces At The Gambian State House. Photos / Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President / Jammeh Tenure Extension : What I Found Inside The Gambian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by SKYTREND(m): 8:56am On Jan 21, 2017
Gambia’s longtime leader, Yahya Jammeh, has announced he will step down as president after days of tense negotiations and the prospect of West African military intervention.

In a televised address on Saturday morning, Jammeh said it was his duty to “preserve at every instant” the lives of Gambians.

“I have decided today in good conscience to relinquish the mantle of leadership of this great nation with infinite gratitude to all Gambians,”

SOURCE: http://skytrendnews.com/2017/01/21/stepping-down-interest-gambian-people-jammeh/

Re: I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by amnesty7: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2017
He can't fool the world. He only did it reluctantly to save his neck.
No honour, no shame, no privileges. Dumped to the negative side of history forever.
Re: I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by muykem: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2017
In OBJ voice. You are now wiser than when you are in power. Just go and let people rest.
Re: I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by sweettease(f): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2017
Lier lier! Thank God for how it ended sha, could have been really bloody.
Re: I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by oluemmakay(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2017
Every radicalist will have reasons for their radicality. You can ask Shekarau.
Re: I’m Only Stepping Down In The Interest Of The Gambian People — Jammeh by Nutase: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2017
With 2019 by the corner, I hope Buhari practices what he has preached in Gambia.

(1) (Reply)

Iraq Parliament Votes In Favour Of Travel Ban On US / Judge Grants Restraining Order On Travel Ban All Over The United States / America Spent $14.2 Trillion On Wars In 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.