Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration (809 Views)

Hilary And Bill Clinton At Donald Trump's Wedding / Trump And Clinton At War Over Who Won The Popular Vote / #Nigerians For Hillary Clinton While....hilarious Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration by Romanault(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2017
Trump took the time to honor the woman with whom he waged war to take the nation's highest office.

At today's inaugural lunch, held right after he was sworn-in as the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump made an unexpected move when he decided to honor former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whom of course was his Democratic rival in the election. Though there was no love lost whatsoever between the two candidates during the campaign, Trump now appears to be gracious in victory, as he has claimed the office of his dreams. During the lunch today, he asked those in attendance to give a standing ovation for the Clintons. 
"There is something that I wanted to say, because I was very honored, very very honored, when I heard that President Bill Clinton and Secretary Hillary Clinton was [sic] coming today," said Trump. "And I like you to stand up," he encouraged the room, who immediately abided. Both Clintons seemed to be flattered by the ovation, as they courteously waved back to President Trump. 
"And honestly, there's nothing more I can say," he concluded. "Because I have a lot of respect for those two people." Trump infamously referred to Clinton as a "nasty woman," but perhaps he will attribute the insult to the battlefield that is American electoral politics, which certainly can get nasty. 

Many were surprised that Hillary made the trip to D.C. to watch Trump assume the role that she so dearly wanted. She told her followers earlier today that she wanted to attend the inauguration in order to "honor our democracy and its enduring values."

Re: President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration by BUHARImyDOG: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2017
*ATTENTION!!!* Pls whoever knows *OKEZIE DEBORAH* who served in *Ogbomosho, Oyo State* should pls inform her that her .NYSC Certificate* had been picked up somewhere. She should contact this number *08064775135* to get it. Pls share until this info gets to her or someone who knows her.....Help a friend!!! (copied as received)
Re: President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration by femolacqua(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2017
This is how it's done, embrace democracy no need for a fight.

2 Likes

Re: President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration by seguno2: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2017
femolacqua:
This is how it's done, embrace democracy no need for a fight.

Yahaya Jammeh does not understand that.

1 Like

Re: President Trump Leads Standing Ovation For Hillary Clinton At Inauguration by femolacqua(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2017
seguno2:

Yahaya Jammeh does not understand that.
Help me tell them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Americans Welcoming Muslims To USA At The Airport (video) / American-north Korea Conflict - What You Should Know / Photos Of The Earthquake That Rocked Alaska On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.