Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? (685 Views)

Which Of These Jobs Should I Take? / I Got an email For Interview From Jiji .. How Real Are They / I Got A Text For Interview from jiji .. How Real Are They (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by CDCEO001: 6:31am On Jan 22, 2017
I applied for 4 jobs through sms from (jiji dot ng) on friday, i got 3 invites via sms. 2 of the invites are same address with different company names, the name of one of these two is different from it's name on jiji as they sent via sms. The first one says i have been invited for "Briefing", required 2 recent passport photo and the second one for "Briefing/Interview", required CV and 2 recent passport photo. Time to show up, 9:30am same day.

And the third one is different address but very close, same requirement with the second one, same day 9am...lol

I guess i'll just have to honour one of the invites if i have to, but i am feeling somehow skeptical, especially with the two with same address but different company names.

I think i need some advice from the Pros in the house.
Also any tip on how to protect myself will be appreciated.

What could be the motives and aims of people posting fake jobs?
Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by CDCEO001: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
54 views so far, hope to get some advice.
Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by maxwell767(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Those viewing ur thread, simply don't have anything to say because is obvious, u know it.. U have seen it, and it has giving u the reason to Reason

So the Ball is no longer in ur court but in-between ur legs.

1 Like

Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by justhenry(m): 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
CDCEO001:
54 views so far, hope to get some advice.
oga, don't go for ur own good. Two things are involved here, its either they're GNLD folks or ritualists. shine ur eyes!
Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by CDCEO001: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
justhenry:
oga, don't go for ur own good. Two things are involved here, its either they're GNLD folks or ritualists. shine ur eyes!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what's GNLD?
Thanks.
Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by CDCEO001: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
maxwell767:
Those viewing ur thread, simply don't have anything to say because is obvious, u know it.. U have seen it, and it has giving u the reason to Reason

So the Ball is no longer in ur court but in-between ur legs.

Thanks prof maxwell, i am just a newbie in job hunt.
You speak in parable, come down small.
Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by justhenry(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
CDCEO001:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what's GNLD?
Thanks.
gnld is the name of a company that sell food supplements in form of drugs. they have agents that recruit graduates and mk the job seem very easy with promises of moving up their hierarchy once u sell a particular amt of their drugs. the fact is that they are using graduates to sell these supplements without pay...you earn certain commission according to the amt sold after walking from Ojuelegba to Victoria Island... is that the kinda work you really want?

Again, any legitimate job invitation will not start with "briefing".

1 Like

Re: Are These Jobs In Owerri From Jiji Genuine? by CDCEO001: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
justhenry:
gnld is the name of a company that sell food supplements in form of drugs. they have agents that recruit graduates and mk the job seem very easy with promises of moving up their hierarchy once u sell a particular amt of their drugs. the fact is that they are using graduates to sell these supplements without pay...you earn certain commission according to the amt sold after walking from Ojuelegba to Victoria Island... is that the kinda work you really want?

Again, any legitimate job invitation will not start with "briefing".
Thank you!
No i don't want that kind job ooo. Though all the job positions i applied to are computer/IT related jobs.

(1) (Reply)

Call For Facilitators – Codelagos Programme (teach Students Coding & Get Paid) / Experienced Graduate Hire At Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited / VACANCY!!!!! Vacancy!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.