Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work (2630 Views)

Daughter Surprised Her Mother At Work With A Car, She Cries (Photos) / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
worworgirl:
Not all Indians are bad anyway, I have a few of them as friends, jovial and kind hearted. People should stop generalizing. Girl u have to be very stubborn with them, roll ur eyes whenever they are bullying u and pretend u are not listening... sometimes when they talk just say 'blah blah blah.. what did u say again or u can simply ask 'are u talking to me? Be free with yourself and move about happily, it will kill them. When u re not working use headphones and listen to song or play games on ur computer.

Yes I have an Indian friend as well who happens to be the neighbour of the one bullying me. She is very nice and kind hearted. She also complained the bully is also harassing and poke nosing into her affairs. She did tell me to stand up to her that she bullies people around. In terms of generalising, my Indian friend also confirmed Indians especially women are hard to work with and she also find it difficult working with them.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=eyinjuege post=53035283]Bullying in the workplace is taken very seriously, especially in the UK.
Make an official complaint. Start with writing an e-mail, explaining your grievances, and be polite, straight forward about it. Try not to be too emotional, but also be concise and state how its been affecting your productivity. How you don't like coming to work because of her, and how you've had to reduce your hours because of her. You can also mention you're now been ganged upon by her and her friend. Don't mention their races, unless you genuinely feel they're not just been bullies but also racists.

The email is an official documentation of the concerns you want addressed.

Anytime there's an altercation between you and them, start writing and recording such on a paper, with date and time it occurred. Also put down the witnesses present. Just collextball these notes, for a future date when you need to make another official complaint.
[
Thanks. What consenquences could happen when one makes an official complaint? It seems like the bullies get away all the time.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
Richy4:
why are you whining...Tell her that she can drop dead for all you care...Complaining will be like giving her an upper hand....to act superior...

Just follow her to wherever she was having her break/ lunch one day and tell her that you have had it up to here... with her bullshit...that you are not gonna tolerate that anymore...No physical confrontation because Indians don't do that violent things ...verbal, intelligent and constructive insult will do the magic...I wish you knew how to politely dish out an insult...without making it look or sound like it....The type Cameron used on Nigeria when he said we were fantastically corrupt......I might even give u tips on an opening line of insult that sound kinda intelligent if you want cheesy...

That's what I need to learn. Keep calm and yet pass ur opinion across firmly. Please I would like some sentences
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
eyinjuege:
Bullying in the workplace is taken very seriously, especially in the UK.
Make an official complaint. Start with writing an e-mail, explaining your grievances, and be polite, straight forward about it. Try not to be too emotional, but also be concise and state how its been affecting your productivity. How you don't like coming to work because of her, and how you've had to reduce your hours because of her. You can also mention you're now been ganged upon by her and her friend. Don't mention their races, unless you genuinely feel they're not just been bullies but also racists.

The email is an official documentation of the concerns you want addressed.

Anytime there's an altercation between you and them, start writing and recording such on a paper, with date and time it occurred. Also put down the witnesses present. Just collextball these notes, for a future date when you need to make another official complaint.

Thanks. What consenquences could happen when one makes an official complaint? It seems bullies get away with no consequences
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by eyinjuege: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
chy4luv:

Thanks. What consenquences could happen when one makes an official complaint? It seems bullies get away with no consequences

It all depends on the management, and their dedication to tackling bullyingbin the workplace.
Send an email first, using your official email account of course.
Let's see how that goes. You can also encourage others who say they're being bullied by her to also send seperate emails.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Richy4(m): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
chy4luv:

That's what I need to learn. Keep calm and yet pass ur opinion across firmly. Please I would like some sentences

Ok..Naturally you have to be calm while you were dishing it out....Do not raise your voice while doing it as a gentleman...

Just sacrifice a particular lunch break and stalk her to wherever she normally had her break and hand it down to her nice and clear..Remember not in the office.

Just start with you....Look (you put her name)...I just want to talk to you...She will give you an audience

I have endured how you tried so hard to undermine me in every opportunity u got in this company...How you tried your best to blame in something that was not literally my fault....But I have come to a conclusion that you were doing this because u were not very lucky in terms of intellect ...Do not get me wrong I was not trying to say you are a fool...All I am trying to say was that you were not blessed with mental manpower....because assuming who were, you would have know that that job you were blaming me was not a job assigned for me to do but (You mentioned the name of the person)

This is the last time I'm gonna warn you about this....Since you have become a bitch...I don't wanna stoop so low as to engage myself with a regular bitch like you...I deal with super bitches...And super bitches incase you don't know are intelligent and smart which i believe eludes you.
For the last time.....Back off my case.....

<<Then You just turn and swag away....Do not stay to listen to what she has to say.........Indian women were not known to talking loud in public...Except if she was indeed a regular bitch...

Hey You need to have guts to pull this off...I did a similar thing in my place of work and came out with flying colors... they were trying to look down on me as a black man and test my patience.......I did not even have time to report any one...I just gave it to that 43year old white man nice and neat...After that news went around that I was not a push over....So i got my peace back...
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Beetle: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
me sef dey follow. i have an indian boss too, didn't put me up for promotion.

rich this your email hard o. lol
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
Richy4:

Ok..Naturally you have to be calm while you were dishing it out....Do not raise your voice while doing it as a gentleman...

Just sacrifice a particular lunch break and stalk her to wherever she normally had her break and hand it down to her nice and clear..Remember not in the office.

Just start with you....Look (you put her name)...I just want to talk to you...She will give you an audience

I have endured how you tried so hard to undermine me in every opportunity u got in this company...How you tried your best to blame in something that was not literally my fault....But I have come to a conclusion that you were doing this because u were not very lucky intellect...Do not get me wrong I was not trying to say you are a fool...All I am trying to say was that you were not blessed with mental manpower....because assuming who were, you would have know that that job you were blaming me was not a job assigned for me to do but (You mentioned the name of the person)

This is the last time I'm gonna warn you about this....Since you have become a bitch...I can't wanna stoop so low as to engage myself with a regular bitch like you...I deal with super bitches...And super bitches incase you don't know are intelligent and smart which i believe eludes you.

<<Then You just turn and swag away....Do not stay to listen to what she has to say.........Indian women were not known to talking loud in public...Except if she was indeed a regular bitch...

Hey You need to have guts to pull this off...I did a similar thing in my place of work and came out with flying colors... they were trying to look down on me as a black man and test my patience.......I did not even have time to report any one...I just gave it to that 43year old man white man nice and neat...After that news went around that I was not a push over....So i got my peace back...

[quote author=Richy4 post=53039254]

I have endured how you tried so hard to undermine me in every opportunity u got in this company...How you tried your best to blame in something that was not literally my fault....But I have come to a conclusion that you were doing this because u were not very lucky intellect...Do not get me wrong I was not trying to say you are a fool...All I am trying to say was that you were not blessed with mental manpower....because assuming who were, you would have know that that job you were blaming me was not a job assigned for me to do but (You mentioned the name of the person)

This is the last time I'm gonna warn you about this....Since you have become a bitch...I can't wanna stoop so low as to engage myself with a regular bitch like you...I deal with super bitches...And super bitches incase you don't know are intelligent and smart which i believe eludes you.

Hey You need to have guts to pull this off...I did a similar thing in my place of work and came out with flying colors... they were trying to look down on me as a black man and test my patience.......I did not even have time to report any one...I just gave it to that 43year old man white man nice and neat...After that news went around that I was not a push over....So i got my peace back...

[/quote
Hahaha. Meeen u are too much.
Wish I posted this when it first started. This would have worked like magic lol. I will refer to this in the future. Saving that. Thanks
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Richy4:

Hahaha. Meeen u are too much.
Wish I had seen this when it first started. This would have worked like magic lol. I will refer to this in the future. Saving that. Thanks
But on a serious note why do they look down on black. It can be very hard as a black person outside naija shore. God will help our country
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by chy4luv: 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Rich, this one shouts, louder than us self . cheesy
Colleagues said she used to be worst, she will be shouting ur name from one end, come here, so rude and autocratic. She hasn't changed one bit but has left them alone as I still experience that with her.
I will be having a meeting tomorrow, I will highlights all this. Will let u guys know how it went.
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by Allwility: 5:03am On Jan 23, 2017
The best way to handle a bully is once in a while show them your Mushin character. Chy4luv na wa for u o....change am for those bullies na...(do it professionally yet effectively).
Re: Help I Am Being Bullied By An Indian Colleague At Work by poshest(f): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2017
pour am devil's bean what yoruba people call werepe. she go scratch body so tey she go tear cloth for office sef. you will pour it stylishly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. / Best Refrigerator Brand / This Happened Yesterday And I Wept For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.