Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far (24199 Views)

The Illegality Of Covenant University Students’ Suspension By School Management / Katsina University Bans All Christian Associations, Approves Muslim Group / Katsina University Reacts Says Memo targeted Muslims not Christains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by AlMuflihah(f): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2017
This is why I love Nigerians, they will shout and make noise over every issue till you will almost think they will make a positive impact, only to realize they have forgotten after 2 days.

#NigerianMentality

... Just quietly observing and drinking ogi and akara
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by redsun(m): 12:48am On Jan 23, 2017
It is a madrassa, not a rational institution for intellectual advancement. A place where zombies are schooled.
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by reginaldchinna: 1:34am On Jan 23, 2017
fiizznation:
You people shouldn't disturb us with your petty nonsense. Katsina state practice sharia law incase most of you don't know. The university is a state owned institution which was established by katsina state and not Nigeria.

How many so-called state owned institutions in the east allow muslims associations in their respective schools? And you don't see muslims crying about it. Anyway you guys can cry over this for all I care.

Is like wailing is your calling. And I think people are already used to your silly shenanigans
Where is this fool that used kunu as breast milk coming from
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by macgodon: 4:47am On Jan 23, 2017
fiizznation:
You people shouldn't disturb us with your petty nonsense. Katsina state practice sharia law incase most of you don't know. The university is a state owned institution which was established by katsina state and not Nigeria.

How many so-called state owned institutions in the east allow muslims associations in their respective schools? And you don't see muslims crying about it. Anyway you guys can cry over this for all I care.

Is like wailing is your calling. And I think people are already used to your silly shenanigans

you never care bcs that is the kind of heart your evil religion gives you that is why you people kill and it like nothing happened set of people worshiping the devil hemself and think it God.
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by macgodon: 4:57am On Jan 23, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Yet you oppose Biafra

Why not support disintegration so that everyone will enthrone his religion in his new country as the only religion
I think Biafra most came to stay in this country bcs this people are not people to stay with if you are not a Muslim there religion ask them to hate you naturally and with the kind of evil that Islam is showing who will join that kind of religion?

1 Like

Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by BetaThings: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2017
osusuallstars:

in all state universities in the south, east and west any association is free to form freely. In Abia state university, they were few then and as such didnt view it necessary to come together. so get your facts correct. before talking shit from your rotten gutter mouth

Sorry sir

You are lying through your teeth

Despite court order, Muslims are NOT allowed to have a mosque in River State University of Tech, but various Christian groups have churches built for them by the school

https://www.nairaland.com/1319550/muslims-denied-place-worship-rivers

1 Like

Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by BetaThings: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2017
macgodon:
you never care bcs that is the kind of heart your evil religion gives you that is why you people kill and it like nothing happened set of people worshiping the devil hemself and think it God.

Christianity is the most evil religion ever
You burn children alive in Nigeria because "thou shall not suffer a witch to live"
You burn and eat Muslims in Jos

That is how you Christians killeth by fire
Even your Reverend King killed by fire
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by Mambox: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2017
God bless you.

Tonye always gets a rush of adrenaline each time tribe and religion are at play. Already concocting exaggerated theories.

A7:
The authorities of the Umaru Yar’Ádua University, Katsina, have denied discriminating against Christian students in the approval granted a students religious association to operate on its campus.

The Acting Dean of Student Affairs of the University, Sulaiman Kankara, had in January 17 memo informed students of a new guideline for the registration of clubs and associations in the institution. In the circular, Dr. Kankara indicated that participation in clubs and associations, including departmental ones, were strictly optional and that no student should be compelled to pay dues. He also outlawed the formation of tribal and local government associations in the university. But the controversial part of the memo which made the document to go viral was the dean’s pronouncement that the “Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) is the only religious association allowed to operate on campus.”

After the memo was shared on social media, the university came under ferocious attacks from many Nigerians, with some commentators saying the guideline was part of government’s plot to Islamise Nigeria. But when contacted on Sunday morning, Dr. Kankara said that aspect of the guideline was actually targeted at Islamic groups which were beginning to mushroom on campus, creating division among students of the same faith.

The dean said, “Actually there is one misconception in the memo. But the fact of the matter is that in Umaru Yar’Ádua University, there is no association known as Christian Students Association.

“There is one religious association and subsidiary Islamic students associations like the Tijjanniya Students Movement in Nigeria, Academic Forum of Islamic Movement in Nigeria and many associations like that.

“They are Islamic students association. So what we want is to have a single union which will be the mouthpiece of muslim students and that is the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria.[/b

[b]“It has nothing to do with any Christian group because up till now, I have not received any application requesting registration of Christian Students Society. “And once they do that, we are ready to register them.

Even as at last week, we said the two religious group to be recognised by the university will be the Muslim one and one from Christian side.

“Up till now we are to receive any application for the registration of any Christian association in the university from any group.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/221208-katsina-university-says-memo-religious-groups-campus-targeted-muslims-not-christians.html
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by Emycord: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2017
fiizznation:

close your mouth up kastina has christian indigens so what about them
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

katsina is not a sovereign state, it is a component of Nigeria. Hence, subject to the Nigeria constitution, and must abide by the Supremacy of the constitution as stated in Section 1 of the 1999 constitution.

Secondly, S1(3) clearly VOID any law or regulation that goes against S1(1).

Thirdly, Sharia law is binding on only Muslims in Katsina state and NOT the entire population. Hence, you can't take a non-Muslim to Sharia court.

Fourthly, Katsina state, being a component of Nigeria is subject to the African Charter. Even Egypt, a predominantly Muslim country subject itself to the Charter, and allow non Muslims to freely associate.

Fifthly, which State Uni in the South discriminate against Muslims?
guy you like raising unnecessary tension
let the xtian folk push for their registration and if it's not granted then you can begin your social media campaign. you can't deny the fact that your brothers in the south don't allow Muslim organization on your various campuses
so take it cool
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 23, 2017
fiizznation:
You are very mischievious and never straight forward. Have you even read what the dean of the school said about the "proposed law"?(Seunmsg created a thread about it, go look it up). Did you hear when he(dean) said the law became a necessity because some muslim groups are becoming nuisance(s) in the school.

There is absolutely nothing like Christian body in the school according to the dean, so I ask you, how can this outright ban be targetting Christian students/body that is of almost nonexistent in the school?

Nobody is restricting anybody to practice their religion freely. Christian association doesn't exist in the school and the MSSN that only exist in the school as a religion society is being regulated by the school with the introduction of this new law. So how is this a problem?

You know sharia law is binding on only Muslims and you are here making noise about what doesn't concern Christians.

There are schools(including FG owned schools) in the east that doesn't have muslim students associations and you don't see anybody crying about it. Why? Because muslims constituted like 0.001% in those schools, so nobody will even expect muslims to have associations there.
don't mind that guy he likes attention he no dey farabale
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by BetaThings: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Fifthly, which State Uni in the South discriminate against Muslims?

Here is your answer

Despite court order, Muslims are NOT allowed to have a mosque in River State University of Tech while there are churceS built by the school for various Christian denominations

I hope you will also come up with some eloquent broadside against the River State Government

1 Like

Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57am On Jan 23, 2017
BetaThings:

Here is your answer

Despite court order, Muslims are NOT allowed to have a mosque in River State University of Tech while there are churceS built by the school for various Christian denominations

I hope you will also come up with some eloquent broadside against the River State Government
And you had to.mischievously resurrect a 2013 report that has been sorted out BTW.

However, building of a mosque is different from prohibiting Muslims from association.
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by plantae(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2017
How about this.

OF TOLERANCE AND THE KATSINA UNIVERSITY SITUATION
See how the University in Katsina is trying frantically to explain its memo that only permitted the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria in the school and did not mention any Christian group.
The explanation they are giving is that the Memo was sent to tell Muslims they cannot form another Islamic group that is why Christian group was not mentioned as presently there is no Christian group in the school and the Muslim student group was beginning to duplicate and they mention MSSN as a way of saying those other Muslim groups are not allowed.
Now even if you say you see this as damage control or excuses, you cannot deny the fact that if the school authorities did not care for Christians at all it will not be trying to bring explanations. Don't forget this is Katsina and this is even the state the President is from, yet see the concern for Christian opinion and welfare. What would have happened if they didn't explain themselves? At the University of Benin the calling of prayers at the hostel Mosque has been ban even though the prayer is called for less than 5 minutes and even though our Christian colleagues mount speakers and scream into them every morning for hours, the Muslim Students are so patient they did not even mention it online. In Lagos it is said that a newscaster was pulled off government TV for wearing hijab, her case is not even going viral because in many of these cases fellow Muslims will say "please leave this issue, don't cause crisis, did you not read of the woman who use to put excreta on the way of the Prophet Muhammad and when the Prophet didn't see the excreta one of those days he went to ask of her welfare? Let's rather react like that" and they will even take this position to the extreme.
You people know me, i am not a politician neither are my opinions partisan, when i say Muslims are the most tolerant people in Nigeria, i truly believe it. The Muslim community before taking a decision will always ask how the Christians will see it, the community always go to the extreme to key in Christian perception of anyting we do. Of recent we did a launching where we invited Muslims from far and near to donate to the building of an Islamic Centre, we did not even bother to invite President Buhari because he will not come. You will hear "how do you want the Christians to see it? will they not think i am partial". Not just the President but almost no Muslim Governor, Senator, Rep Member, among others want to be seen around such even when for some of them the Christians in their constituency are less than 5%, they will tell you "i don't want them to think i am partial". To me this is even extremism in tolerance.
Unfortunately after all these our Christian neighbours are never satisfied and will not be satisfied by the explanation of the University's authority and we know this already as the Qur'an says:
"And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper." - Qur'an 2:120
Yet Allah enjoins on us patience and kindness towards you even though you will forever find our faults and never take our explantions.
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by BetaThings: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
And you had to.mischievously resurrect a 2013 report that has been sorted out BTW.

When was it sorted sir?
And did you think there is an intention to tolerate Islam when you build several churches for Christians and refuse to allow Muslims build a mosque even after they had gone to court
Meaning that they were ready to defy the court in order to ensure that Muslims did not have a place of worship

TonyeBarcanista:

However, building of a mosque is different from prohibiting Muslims from association.
You know very well it is COMPULSORY to pray and you need a mosque for that
It is not compulsory to associate

TonyeBarcanista:
And you had to.mischievously

The real mischief lies in your conduct in trying to justify and explain away with sophistry the intolerance of your people while vociferously railing against the unjust action of another people

Or did you write about it then?
I despise this insincere demonstration of belief in religious fairness. You really don't come through as a sincere commentator

1 Like

Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by me69: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
coptic:

Learn to communicate properly before you quote me ever again. Normally, I don't respond to illiterates, but because I wanted you to get that into your dumb skull, I had to make an exception.

So who invented Islam, your father?

Go back to school before you embarrass yourself next time.

And before you bomb yourself all in the name of religion, just know that you're wasting away over nothing.

Dullard!

You lot are dumber than I've ever imagined.

Damn. Illiterates everywhere.

Ba ka da wayo wallahi.
Truth hurts. Islam wasn't invented by no one. Islam is the normal continuation of God's religion from the first man Adam till today. Have a peaceful day
Re: Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far by NemzySeries(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
me69:
that is why you are stupid
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... so e pain u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US / Violence In Crawford University As Male Students Protest Against Assault / Kauna Usman Is Best Graduating Student In Pharmacology & Biotechnology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.