Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination (2060 Views)

Orunmila Jogbodo Oluwo: An Educated Babalawo (Native Doctor) Goes Viral / Ifa Divination For A Client In My Shrine / {free} Face Divination Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 4:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
When Iwori Oyeku was leaving heaven for the world, he went to two diviners called Tara ni'agboo and Tara nil'oju.

They advised him to serve Esu with he-goat to avert irresponsible behavior on earth and to avoid the risk of becoming temperamental.

He was to add all eatable materials to the sacrifice. He performed the sacrifice.

On getting to the world, he turned out to be a highly proficient Ifa Priest.

Those he helped prospered exceedingly but he remained poor.

One night, he had a dream in which his guardian spirit appeared to him, asking him whether he was behaving responsibly on earth as he was told before leaving heaven.

His guardian spirit advised him to persuade another Awo to live with him as an auxiliary.

He did as he was told and the assistant advised him to be levying charges on those whom he divined.

Before then, he used to divine and make sacrifices for people without charging any fees.

The Awo also began to divine for Iwori-Oyeku because no diviner can have a clear vision of his personal problems.

With the help of the assisting awo, he began to see the limelight of prosperity.

At the height of his prosperity he made an elaborate feast at which he, sang, in praise of his heavenly and earthly Awos including the assistant who taught him how to operate lucratively as an Ifa Priest.

When this Odu appears at Ugbodu, the person should be advised not to be over-generous and quick-tempered.

If He is not doing very well in his place of work, he should serve Esu with a he-goat and ask his lfa through Ikin divination what he should do to prosper.

When it appears at divination, the person should be advised to learn to accept good advice and to make sacrifice to Esu with a he-goat and all eatable items in order to prosper.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawo

2 Likes

Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by stanleyalpacino(m): 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Babalawos:
When Iwori Oyeku was leaving heaven for the world, he went to two diviners called Tara ni'agboo and Tara nil'oju.

They advised him to serve Esu with he-goat to avert irresponsible behavior on earth and to avoid the risk of becoming temperamental.

He was to add all eatable materials to the sacrifice. He performed the sacrifice.

On getting to the world, he turned out to be a highly proficient Ifa Priest.

Those he helped prospered exceedingly but he remained poor.

One night, he had a dream in which his guardian spirit appeared to him, asking him whether he was behaving responsibly on earth as he was told before leaving heaven.

His guardian spirit advised him to persuade another Awo to live with him as an auxiliary.

He did as he was told and the assistant advised him to be levying charges on those whom he divined.

Before then, he used to divine and make sacrifices for people without charging any fees.

The Awo also began to divine for Iwori-Oyeku because no diviner can have a clear vision of his personal problems.

With the help of the assisting awo, he began to see the limelight of prosperity.

At the height of his prosperity he made an elaborate feast at which he, sang, in praise of his heavenly and earthly Awos including the assistant who taught him how to operate lucratively as an Ifa Priest.

When this Odu appears at Ugbodu, the person should be advised not to be over-generous and quick-tempered.

If He is not doing very well in his place of work, he should serve Esu with a he-goat and ask his lfa through Ikin divination what he should do to prosper.

When it appears at divination, the person should be advised to learn to accept good advice and to make sacrifice to Esu with a he-goat and all eatable items in order to prosper.

Babalawo

Are u a real babalawo? Where are you located if you're one.
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by akintom(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Babalawos:

When two diviners called Tara ni'agboo and Tara nil'oju.
o
Self awareness and mind presence.

Babalawos:

Babalawo

If someone lacks business sense, and you're able to figure that out, and you offered an appropriate advice.

Why not leave it at that? Of what use and importance, is putting filthy things at different junction?

1 Like

Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 7:42am On Jan 23, 2017
Aboru Aboye

I am a real Babalawo and if you would like to visit me for spiritual help and Ifa Divination? Please come down to Edo State, Nigeria or visit my website for my details: www.nativedoctor.ml

Olodumare, mo ji loni. Mo wo'gun merin aye.

Igun 'kini, igun'keji, igun'keta, igun'kerin Olojo oni.

Gbogbo ire gbaa tioba wa nile aye. Wa fun mi ni temi.

T'aya - t 'omo t'egbe - t - ogba, wa fi yiye wa.

Ki of f'ona han wa. Wa fi eni - eleni se temi.

Alaye o alaye o.

Afuyegegege mesegbe.

Alujonu eniyan ti nf'owo kole.

A ni kosi igi meji ninu igbo bi obi.

Eyiti o ba ya'ko a ya abidun - dun - dun -dun.

Alaye o, alaye o.

Ifá wagbo temi.

Esu wa gbo temi.

Jeki eni ye mi.

Jeki eni ye mi.

Jeki eni ye mi.

Ki ola san mi t'aya t'omo t'ibi

t'ire lo nrin papo ni 'ile aye.

Wa jeki aye mi.

Kioye mi.

Ase.

stanleyalpacino:

Are u a real babalawo? Where are you located if you're one.
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Aboru Aboye

In African Tradition Religion; we know that night is older than day, we knows the supernatural controls the natural, we know the importance of ebo (Sacrifice) and we know our future through divination

Ebora to luti la nbo

akintom:

Self awareness and mind presence.

If someone lacks business sense, and you're able to figure that out, and you offered an appropriate advice.

Why not leave it at that? Of what use and importance, is putting filthy things at different junction?
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by akintom(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Babalawos:
Aboru Aboye

In African Tradition Religion; we know that night is older than day, we knows the supernatural controls the natural, we know the importance of ebo (Sacrifice) and we know our future through divination

You didn't answer my question. Why sacrifice when mere professional advice will do?
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2017
There are some financial problems or health problems........................etc that defy physical and logical explanations

Be honest, haven't you seen professionals that are poor?

akintom:

You didn't answer my question. Why sacrifice when mere professional advice will do?
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by akintom(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2017
Babalawos:
There are some financial problems or health problems........................etc that defy physical and logical explanations

Be honest, haven't you seen professionals that are poor?

* It's one thing to have a professional certificate

* it's another thing to render professional services

* yet, it's another thing to have BUSINESS SENSE with professional expertise

* also it's another thing to be prudent with time and money, even when you're a professional and you have business sense.

* above all, as at the time you're consulting with a professional, who have financial challenges, the professional might be chronically DEFICIENT in one or more of the issues i raised above.

Or

The professional might just be going through one of challenges that's common to human existence. Every human do experience hard times. It's how you manage your hard times that will determine if you will float or sink deeper into the difficulties.

Being a babalawo, you certainly don't assess your clients on other factors (as stated above) that may be causing their difficulties, other than the "SPIRITUAL factor"
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2017
Do you know the exact meaning of a Babalawo? I dont think you do because if you do you will not be commenting what you are commenting here. Please come to my shrine in edo state let me show you somethings that defy logic and physical explanation!

akintom:

* It's one thing to have a professional certificate

* it's another thing to render professional services

* yet, it's another thing to have BUSINESS SENSE with professional expertise

* also it's another thing to be prudent with time and money, even when you're a professional and you have business sense.

* above all, as at the time you're consulting with a professional, who have financial challenges, the professional might be chronically DEFICIENT in one or more of the issues i raised above.

Or

The professional might just be going through one of challenges that's common to human existence. Every human do experience hard times. It's how you manage your hard times that will determine if you will float or sink deeper into the difficulties.

Being a babalawo, you certainly don't assess your clients on other factors (as stated above) that may be causing their difficulties, other than the "SPIRITUAL factor"
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by akintom(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2017
Babalawos:
Do you know the exact meaning of a Babalawo? I dont think you do because if you do you will not be commenting what you are commenting here. Please come to my shrine in edo state let me show you somethings that defy logic and physical explanation!

My dear babalawo,
From my moniker, it's not hard to know that i am a yoruba man, and for you to know how deep my interest in yoruba language and culture, i had A2 in yoruba language in my WAEC. I teach my daughter yoruba language and culture.

I am at home with yoruba traditional religion and her mythological documents. I also understand magic, esoteric dealings, suggestions, hypnotics and mere manipulation.

Most of what you claim defy rational effort,....

*are health cases that patients allowed to be complicated badly, before coming to the hospital.

* the patients refused to carry out investigation needed to diagnose their conditions earlier.

* the patients believe so much in being under spiritual attack, than mere physiological attacks. So they reject medical advice at the earliest stages of the conditions.

So, i know what you have packed at your shrine, am very familiar with what you're trying to allude to.
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by kyrios: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2017
Babalawos:

please whats the benefit of having a personal ifa and what can spoil ifa i mean a taboo ?
Re: Why Babalawo Charge Money For Divination by Babalawos(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2017
The benefits of having a personal ifa is to solve life problems and the taboos differs according to the Ebo's (Sacrifices) that came out during your Ifa divination

kyrios:
please whats the benefit of having a personal ifa and what can spoil ifa i mean a taboo ?

(1) (Reply)

Many Christians Are Bearing The Names Of Murderers / Exposed! Jesus Was A Black Jew: An Inconvenient Truth In Scripture / Should Pastors Get Day Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.