Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

( A True Life Story) My Experience At Port-harcourt's Motor Park - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ( A True Life Story) My Experience At Port-harcourt's Motor Park (494 Views)

Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

( A True Life Story) My Experience At Port-harcourt's Motor Park by okemejames(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
It was a very busy day and the sun showed no mercy. It was so busy that an idle feet might get kicked out of the busy paths. It was my first time in Port-Harcourt but I was strongly advised not to act like a JJC. So I pretended not to admire the edifice buildings, the montrous mansions, incredulous skyscrapers and captivating billboards that tells that "this is Port-Harcourt". I gathered courage to cross the ever busy dualized road after carefully studying young hawkers; who ran across the roads chasing vehicle owners to patronize them.They were just all over like it was a playing field.
I sighted the garage few seconds late after the garage boys took note of me. "Na only two people we dey wait for, we wan move now now" was what they chanted as they hijacked my luggages from me like robbers. I played cool, not wanting to be identified as a JJC. Indeed, the Sienna was almost occupied but I never knew they were honest liars. An " I don't care" man was at the front seat, whistling away his musical thoughts. A voracious eater was at the rear seat with two young men beside her, wishing she invited them rather than having them salivate to stupor. Another lady sat by the window at the middle seat, negotiating with an Aboki to reduce the price tagged to "an ordinary leather wristwatch" as she called it.
We waited and waited but the vehicle was never occupied. I waited more than a waiter that I almost fainted. I bought drinks, edibles, books and almost everything buyable that I almost tore my pockets. The more passengers came, the more the previous ones highlighted and yet the vehicle is yet to progress an inch. After watching and waiting for good four to five hours, it was then I knew I was the first passenger in the vehicle. The ones I met were just like a mirage and I was told they were paid to act as passengers . We laughed and laughed that I forgot to be angry. Then I heard someone said from the back, "Welcome to Port-Harcourt". At last, they knew I was a JJC.

(c) Jerome Okeme
Re: ( A True Life Story) My Experience At Port-harcourt's Motor Park by eezeribe(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Sorry

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Lost Luggage / DV Visa 2018 Foreign State Of Chargeability Winner / Photos: Car Rams Into Residential Building In A Freak Accident At Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.