Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies (2323 Views)

Go Behind The Scenes As The Igbo’s Go On Set Of ADAURE For Their Own Version Of / The Wolverine Movie, Lagos And The Igbo Language / Ibo People Don Land With Aba Made Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by Afam4eva(m): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2009
Why is it that Igbo movies are no longer been produced.I actually enjoyed those old movies.I wish we could see a re-emergence of Igbo movies.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2009
they still make igbo movies, but hardly.
igbo movies were very popular in the 90s and part of 2000 and 2001
but yoy know nollywood is dominated by igbos, they decided there is money to be made.
so they cut down on the number of igbo movies and started making more english movies.
therefore nollywood movies arent limited to just igbo speaking people.
now you have people all over nigeria, all over africa, the carribean, and some parts of america (with heavy african populations) and europe as well that enjoy nollywood movies.
thanks to the production increase of production of english movies, nollywood expanded to the size it did.
although it still needs a lot of work, im proud of them!  cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ mama-gee!
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SITE!  kiss
goodbye youtube maybe lol
im gonna watch Mine Forever, ive been tryna see that movie since the 6th grade! hahaha
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

@ mama-gee!
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SITE!  kiss
goodbye youtube maybe lol
im gonna watch Mine Forever, ive been tryna see that movie since the 6th grade! hahaha

You're welcome. kiss kiss
I'm watching a movie
titled "The Fruit Of My Labour" there now
. cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2009
mama-gee:

You're welcome. kiss kiss
I'm watching a movie
titled "The Fruit Of My Labour" there now
. cheesy cheesy

lol thanks again.
when youre done, tell me if its good, and maybe i would wanna watch.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

lol thanks again.
when youre done, tell me if its good, and maybe i would wanna watch.

I'm done, the movie is comedic. grin grin
I laughed my butts off. grin grin
It features Sam Loco and Nkem Owoh as Landlords
. grin grin
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2009
OHHHH OKAY!
im not big on comedy, but maybe ill watch it.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
i miss Anayo Nwafor
he was a really good producer back in 2002. his name was on like every other english/igbo movie.
i really dont know what happened to him.
maybe he left the industry, cause one bad movie can just end your career, cause unfortunately thats how nollywood works. its a dog eat dog industry.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i miss Anayo Nwafor
he was a really good producer back in 2002. his name was on like every other english/igbo movie.
i really dont know what happened to him.
maybe he left the industry, cause one bad movie can just end your career, cause unfortunately thats how nollywood works. its a dog eat dog industry.

I miss Teco Benson, he's one in a million producer. tongue
He produces and directs good standard movies
. tongue
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2009
yeah, we need a lot of the old people back.
besides Emem Isong and Tchidi Chikere we have no one to bring quality movies.
the rest na rubbish.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

yeah, we need a lot of the old people back.
besides Emem Isong and Tchidi Chikere we have no one to bring quality movies.
the rest na rubbish.

Where's Tchidi Chikere these days? undecided
I hardly see his movies these days
. undecided
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
what do you mean? his movies are there just not as popular. but i usually always enjoy his movies and im never not satisfied.
i cant think of any right now cause most of the title of movies are senseless so i dont remember them easily.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
I'll definitely go and search for them. tongue
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Where's Tchidi Chikere these days? undecided
I hardly see his movies these days
. undecided

I love his movies, especially the ones based in a village.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by steeze(m): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2009
Tchidi chikere? Most of his movies are wack, sincerely. In short, he has no business being in d industry. And someone should tell him to stop casting himself in his movies. His acting is just as bad as his wife's. Y'all should check out d latest he did titled: Be not afraid. He was d lead act alongside rita dominic. Now this movie isnt as horrible as some he has directed b4, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But emem isong? That's someone who knows what she's doing.
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
steeze:

Tchidi chikere? Most of his movies are wack, sincerely. In short, he has no business being in d industry. And someone should tell him to stop casting himself in his movies. His acting is just as bad as his wife's. Y'all should check out d latest he did titled: Be not afraid. He was d lead act alongside rita dominic. Now this movie isnt as horrible as some he has directed b4, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But emem isong? That's someone who knows what she's doing.

Did you mistaken Ghanawood to Nollywood? undecided
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
lol
Emem Isong is on top and will remain that way.
but back in 2003-2005 tchidi chikere was making good movies. maybe he is running out of money or storylines now. lol
his wife is a terrible actress! who said she can act, because she is married to him?
and she is ugly too! she doesnt even have the good looks (like van vicker) to save from her horrible acting. lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by mamagee3(f): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2009
They are everywhere
Go and check
. tongue
Re: Where Are The Igbo(ibo)movies by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2013
steeze: Tchidi chikere? Most of his movies are wack, sincerely. In short, he has no business being in d industry. And someone should tell him to stop casting himself in his movies. His acting is just as bad as his wife's. Y'all should check out d latest he did titled: Be not afraid. He was d lead act alongside rita dominic. Now this movie isnt as horrible as some he has directed b4, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But emem isong? That's someone who knows what she's doing.
Apart from the fact that he stars himself in some of his movies, i think he'ss a good producer/director as far as village movies are concerned.

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Movies With Subtitles I / Throwback Photos Of Big Brother Naija Kemen In 2011 Vs 2014 Vs 2016 / Wrestling Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.