Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) (2302 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / New Approach To Cassava Weed Management / Reason You Need To Invest In Cassava Ferming (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
A – U of Cassava farming
Kenfarm Cassava cultivation update
Contact us today for more info on V – Z of Cassava farming or visit www.kenfarm.com.ng
Customer care Line: 08038623884

STAGE A
Cassava cultivation is another yet to discover cash crop. Plantain farmers do not cultivate cassava because it is do not give much output like the plantain and it require more input compare to plantain. However, it yet to be discovered that by potential farmers that cassava demand is increasing dramatically just as the cost price of the finished product (garri) is increasing in the market every day. If this is the new development, I think it is time you invest that cash lying fallow in the bank and land left unused on cassava cultivation. (Put your heart where your mouth is)

Kenfarm is not only in the Agric Biz to scoop cash but also in the Agric Biz to beam a search light on economically rewarding crop cultivation. This is the reason you should contact us for your viable cassava stem both the Vitamin A cassava stem and the 419 cassava stem. We also help you set up your cassava farm as well as help ascertain your farm soil fertility. Your soil fertility is one important factor you want to know before putting your land to use if it is yours. It also an important factor you want to know before renting that land for Agric purposes (either for plantain plantation or cassava farming).
Nevertheless, below is a brief explanation of key information you need to know before venturing into cassava cultivation.
1. For those of us in Lagos and Ogun who wish to either purchase a farm land or Rent a farm land for Agric Biz, visit any farming settlement(i prefer Owode - Idiroko/border axis and for those in Ibadan environ, you can either buy or rent farm anywhere along Iseyin road or Arulogun road off Ojoo(kenfarm do not sell or rent farm).
2. After securing a farm land, contact kenfarm immediately via 08038623884 for your soil analysis.

(N.B: Do your soil analysis before renting that farm land because……)

3. Carry out your second and third ploughing (10 to 14 days after first ploughing). It is important to note that once the first plough starts, u must start sourcing for a reliable cassava stem(cassava stem to cover 1hectare will be about 30bundles. For cost of a bundle for each of the two type of stems contact kenfarm)

4. After the second plough u might have gotten your cassava stem down from kenfarm. Now its time for planting

5. Wages for planting vary but we approximate to 800naira per alapin (2 alapin = 1 plot, 15 plots(1hectare) = 30 alapin that 800naira x 30 alapin = 24,000naira/hectare for planting. Cost is negociable and vary with location

6. After about 1 month of planting, its time for first weeding. Cost is 1000 per alapin x 30 alapin = 30,000naira/hectare. Cost is negotiable and vary with location.

7. Immediately after the first weeding fertilizer is applied. Currently a bag of fertilizer goes for 7k and u need 3bags = 21k. Again 200/alapin for application x 30alapin = 6000naira

8. At the 3rd month, second weeding is carried out. Same price as first weeding
9. At the 6th month, third weeding is carried out

10. From the 8th month your cassava is ready for sale

STAGE B
Now this is the marketing aspect of the Biz and you can only be qualify to this stage only if you have done all the above without making mistakes. Kenfarm can be your guardian to achieve all these stage above.

My analysis below is subject to verification and of cause vary with location. Do your market findings to verify what is obtainable at your location.
A basket of cassava goes for 7500 (last time I checked). The actual money u get is 5500 to 6000 depending on d distance of the farm to the market.

The Break down goes thus, Out of the 7,500naira, 1000naira or 1500naira goes to transportation of a Basket of cassava from your farm to the market (by Bike). Price depend on d distance to the nearest market. The labourer that harvest and arrange the cassava in the basket charge 500naira. Now you know how much it cost you to get a backer ready for supply.

Now 3 baskets = 1ton

so instead of getting 22,500naira on 1 ton of cassava, the actual money u get is btw 16500naira to 18,000naira. Now that is the figure u should work with so that you don’t raise your hopes high
Processing your cassava into garri gives u times 2 the value.
I have experimented it. This is not multiplier effect, not internet farming, not computer agriculture, not even rocket science but real practical commercial Agriculture.

We tried an experiment using 4 cab stars. 2 went for direct sales while the other two went to processing into garri. By d time we were through, the processing of cassava into garri yielded more income.
Hence, we encourage our esteem clients who are still sceptical of whether to go into selling of cassava tubers or processing of the tuber to finished product ( e.g. garri) to make their choice. Outright sales of the cassava tubers gave us profit of 120,000naira for the two cab stars, while we got a profit of 200,000naira for the the other 2cab stars after sales of the garri.
Conclusively, if I just gave you a reason to utilize that fund or land of your lying idle, do not hesitate to contact us via WhatsApp line 08038623884 to do your soil analysis and place oder for plantain sucker or cassava stems.

…….kenfarm feed the nation while creating job and curing diseases.
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by karlxavier(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2017
How many tonnes were you able to get pet hectare?
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by RMU: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Please I need land for farming in Ibadan environs.
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2017
RMU:
Please I need land for farming in Ibadan environs.

How many Acres or plot do you want? are you buying or renting?? what is you price range?? we do not sell land but can make enquiry for you with the villager s..... but it will be on the condition that you intend patronising our products.
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2017
karlxavier:
How many tonnes were you able to get pet hectare?

Thanks for you enquiry. We are sorry the appropriate answer to your Question is contained in the Second edition of Cassava cultivation which we only make available to our esteem customer who place oder for cassava stem or invite us for soil analysis.
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by adeniyi65(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2017
How much do you sell a bundle of the stem?
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2017
adeniyi65:
How much do you sell a bundle of the stem?
pls do contact us directly either through email: kenfarm2020@gmail.com
or via SMS using the Number on the post. Regards
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
The down pour of the rain marks the beginning of a new planting season. What a marvelous God indeed we are glad for the rain pour...waiting for the rain was like waiting for eternity.

For all my potential customers who has been asking me when to start planting...the time is now.

Thus, for your viable and pest resistant cassava stem(TME419 & Vitarmine A) contact kenfarm via WhatsApp 08038623884 or kenfarm2020@gmail.com

we also supply tones of Zobo seed, melon and share butter.

make hast while the sun shines
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hey, my cassava farmer followers, as usual kenfarm is here to give you update helpful in the establishment, maintenance and selling of your cassava tubers. Find the info below helpful
Cassava are bought according to the starch contents. Farm gate price less transport cost
Starch %. NGN/Tonne
15%. 9,750
16%. 10,400
18%. 11, 700
20%. 13,000
22%. 14,300
23%. 14,950
24%. 15,600
26% 16,900
28%. 18,200
29% 18,850
Other conditions applies
1. Tuber less than 18months old since planting
2. Tubers free from disease and in good condition
3. Tubers fresh less than 36 hours since harvest
So far, base on feed back gotten from cassava farmers who purchase our TME 419, it has been found to have high % of starch making it more valuable in the market.

Hurry to book for your copy from us
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by bizzibodi(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
i want to ask if 1 can intercrop cassava with other root crop like ginger?
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 6:35pm On May 23, 2017
Kenfarm is still in the Bizness of supplying TME419 cassava stem to potential customers. Make hast as the time to put that idle land to use is NOW!!!
contact us via: 09091495861
or send us mail on:

kenfarm2020@gmail.com

cheers!
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Paulordiah(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2017
is soil test that necessary?
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2017
Paulordiah:
is soil test that necessary?

Very good Question!!!

I will advise you take your time to read through the post on the link below......you agree with me afterwards that information is power
cheers!!

https://www.nairaland.com/3675634/why-soil-analysis-farmland
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Paulordiah(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2017
I studied agriculture, I know , over 80% of the food stuff we have in market today are produced by rural farmers in the rural area, they don't do soil test, and they still have wonderful harvest, how?
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 6:49pm On May 26, 2017
Paulordiah:
I studied agriculture, I know , over 80% of the food stuff we have in market today are produced by rural farmers in the rural area, they don't do soil test, and they still have wonderful harvest, how?

I agree with you that 80% of food produce are produce by rural farmer and perhaps they do not do soil text.

The rural farmers you talking about I guess are the illiterate or local farmer. Otherwise, the elite are now migrating amass to join the rural farmers in land cultivation.

However, take your time to survey quality of farm produce of the rural/Local farmers and compare it with that of the Rural/elite farmers. No doubt, that of the rural/elite farmer will outdo that of the rural/illiterate farmers.

This is so because the rural/ illiterate farmer who will not adopt the best agronomic practice which include (soil testing, shifting cultivation, mono cropping, fertilizer application, mulching, ploughing, tilling etc) will end up complaining the gods are after his farmland. But the rural/elite farmer who adopt all these methods above surely comes out with bumper harvest.

Unconsciously, the rural/illiterate farmer who are presumed to produce 80% of our food product are now becoming enlightened by various Govt agency on best agric practice which produce high yield.

I will give you a practical experience to prove this
I just acquired acres of land to extend my farm this season. After clearing, the day I went to collect the soil for soil analysis, a local farmer who has a farm close to mine saw me when digging and collecting the soil from various point on my farm and concluded that I was taking the soil so as to give it to a juju man who will help me a peace the gods of the land so that my produce will be great........I laughed uncontrollably and afterwards took my time to educate him on the reason some agronomic best practice is important including soil analysis.

He immediately took me to his farm to show me how poorly his crops are doing. I Offer to do the analysis free for him and result showed his soil has been over used without replenishing. The soil lack NPK and more micaro element. I apply the lacking nutrients using folia sprayer and also apply inorganic fertilizer and at the same time encourage him to practice mulching.

After 4months he contacted me that his crop has improved and was ready to get as much info as possible.

Farming has gone pass just burying your seed, go home sleep with your two eyes closed and return to harvest.

we should all be in the vanguard of educating rural/local farmers so that the quality of farm produce can improve and yield increase.

This is what kenfarm stand for........we say NO to contemporary farming and YES to Technology driving farming

......together we can eradicate food insecurity!!!!!!!
Re: Reason You Should Put That Idle Land & Fund To Cassava Cultivation(a Must Read) by Ken4agent(m): 9:11am On Jan 14, 2021
Cassava production is becoming a Cash crop again. It time to book for our manual and invest in cassava in the coming season

More info soon

(1) (Reply)

I Can Supply And Source For Sesame Seed, Millet,sorghum In Very Large Quantities / Frustration Of Agric Graduates Like Myself. / Are You Thinking Of Going Into Vegetable Farming? (part One)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.