Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device (3305 Views)

What Bank Atm Card Works To Pay For Apple Music? / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
1. A curved screen as it is in Samsung S7 edge

2. Android 7 Nougat

3. 4 GB Ram

4. Decacore processor

5. SNAPDRAGON chipset

6. 4,000mah battery

7. 21mp double focus rear cam and 13mo secondary america.

8. AMOLED screen display

9. Corning Gorrilla Glass

10. Add more then tell us the minimum amount you wish to pay for such.

Okay, let us use my beloved brand, Tecno as case study.
We all know that it is popular mainly because of the affordability.
So what if a Tecno device is produced and it has these specifications and you are asked to name your price and pay...how much will you pay?
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by akunjohn(m): 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
Well,if they can step up with the battery,then I will consider the price it worth.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Gptech(m): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
1. Depends on if the curve on the screen is actually useful or just for show off.
5. Depends on if the snapdragon chipset is midrange or high end.
7. Depends on the quality of the camera sensor used and how well it performs under poor lighting.

And I will add, the amount I will pay depends on what other Chinese brands offer for the same specs, will only buy if the tecno is reasonably cheaper. My candid opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
akunjohn:
Well,if they can step up with the battery,then I will consider the price it worth.

Okay, so how much would you be willing to pay?
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Gptech:
1. Depends on if the curve on the screen is actually useful or just for show off.
5. Depends on if the snapdragon chipset is midrange or high end.
7. Depends on the quality of the camera sensor used and how well it performs under poor lighting.

And I will add, the amount I will pay depends on what other Chinese brands offer for the same specs, will only buy if the tecno is reasonably cheaper. My candid opinion.

Okay....
But you still gotta name a price.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Gptech(m): 12:01am On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

Okay....
But you still gotta name a price.
Ok, will put 80k on the table grin
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 12:15am On Jan 23, 2017
Gptech:

Ok, will put 80k on the table grin

For real?

Bro,
Fear God nau sad

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Gptech(m): 12:26am On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

For real?

Bro,
Fear God nau sad
Yes ooo, I dey fear God nau, this year the competition worldwide will be even fiercer and price crash might be the only surviving instinct for many manufacturers. Watch how 128gig rom will become the norm even in mid range devices, and oooo, waterproofing might become a basic feature in phones, and all for an affordable price. This is the point where being a consumer is sweet, let them OEMS fight to the death! grin
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by amAZEing: 12:40am On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

For real?
Bro, Fear God nau sad
No mind am. #280, 000 Is okay.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Gptech(m): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2017
amAZEing:

No mind am. #280, 000 Is okay.
Hahahahahahahaha, wake up bro.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by amAZEing: 1:10am On Jan 23, 2017
Gptech:

Hahahahahahahaha, wake up bro.

She wan make money for teckno datz why l suggest dat amount for her and her principal.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Kondomatic(m): 7:10am On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

For real?

Bro,
Fear God nau sad
Lols, you missed out important features that will help determine the price. Like what the body will be made of, build quality, the level of the snapdragon chip, the on board storage etc.

So 80k is OK for now.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Gptech(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2017
amAZEing:

She wan make money for teckno datz why l suggest dat amount for her and her principal.
You sef, you wicked oooo grin
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 23, 2017
Oh boy! I'd trade Estharfabian for that device in the blink of an eye. Joking.
Estharfabian, there is a rumour making the rounds here on Nairaland that a man grinded his 'junk' on your 'junk' in a market. What?! And you didn't tell me? I would've hung him by his schlong. angry grin
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Gptech:

Yes ooo, I dey fear God nau, this year the competition worldwide will be even fiercer and price crash might be the only surviving instinct for many manufacturers. Watch how 128gig rom will become the norm even in mid range devices, and oooo, waterproofing might become a basic feature in phones, and all for an affordable price. This is the point where being a consumer is sweet, let them OEMS fight to the death! grin

Hmmmm
Interestingsmiley

I look forward to a great year though
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2017
Haute:
Oh boy! I'd trade Estharfabian for that device in the blink of an eye. Joking.
Estharfabian, there is a rumour making the rounds here on Nairaland that a man grinded his 'junk' on your 'junk' in a market. What?! And you didn't tell me? I would've hung him by his schlong. angry grin

What is junk and junk and device doing in the same sentence? Biko don't Coman derail my thread.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2017
amAZEing:

No be Tecno send me o
I was bored at midnight. Na so the thought enter my head Biko.

I repeat, Tecno no send me this one.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Lols, you missed out important features that will help determine the price. Like what the body will be made of, build quality, the level of the snapdragon chip, the on board storage etc.

So 80k is OK for now.

Hiaaannnn
Okay, oya rearrange the list then give me a price.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Opistorincos(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2017
80k or nothing
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Techm8: 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
A Tecno phone with Snapdragon 821
curved display AMOLED 2k display
4000mah battery
4GB RAM
Iphone/Samsung level design quality.
The same camera sensor found on Google pixel
Noughat and a 2-3 years OTA Software support.

I would happily pay 200k.

Using a Snapdragon chipset would signal a shift and would also shut 90℅ of Tecno detractors up once and for all.

PS: There's no Snapdragon deca core processor.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by dukeo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

2. Android 7 Nougat

3. 4 GB Ram

4. Decacore processor

5. SNAPDRAGON chipset

6. 4,000mah battery

8. AMOLED screen display

So what if a Tecno device is produced and it has these specifications and you are asked to name your price and pay...how much will you pay?

I'm not sure if snapdragon has a deca core chip. I stand corrected though
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

2. Android 7 Nougat

3. 4 GB Ram

4. Decacore processor

5. SNAPDRAGON chipset

6. 4,000mah battery

8. AMOLED screen display

1. I don't need a curved screen just a normal screen 5.5 or 6.0 is OK for me

2. Ok

3. Nothing less than 2gig ram is ok

4. Any processor is OK, nah the speed I care about nothing less than 1.4ghz

5. I don't think I want to use any other chipset considering what I went through with all this Chico phones with mediatek

6. I am OK with 3000 what am concerned about is how the processor zaps power.

7. Am not a camera person, I don't even snap pix for months. 13mp is OK. Mp has little to do with picture quality.

8. Amoled it is, coming from Samsung and Nokia, I can tell.

9. If it's as strong as sonys own which doesn't Crack easily and as functional as Samsung which cracks but still function well.

10. Radio, I. R, fm transmitter, WiFi, BT, 4G LTE, led indicator light, physical keys not touch, must be double Sim, must be from a reliable manufacturer.

I don't mind paying 100 to 120k for it if the name tagged on it is from a reliable and common manufacturer. If it's those I regard as chinko I may be sceptical about buying, I don't trust those guys with their lie lie specs.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by Simeony007(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
On behalf of myself and the our president i'll launch this phone for 10k
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Techm8:
A Tecno phone with Snapdragon 821
curved display AMOLED 2k display
4000mah battery
4GB RAM
Iphone/Samsung level design quality.
The same camera sensor found on Google pixel
Noughat and a 2-3 years OTA Software support.

I would happily pay 200k.

Using a Snapdragon chipset would signal a shift and would also shut 90℅ of Tecno detractors up once and for all.

PS: There's no Snapdragon deca core processor.

Nice.
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by 100naira(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
More 6 inches and 3gig Ram/32/64 gig ROM phones with enough battery backup. 60 to 80k max.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by henryobinna(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
I believe this is a survey sponsored by tecno... not bad though.
but copying features on Samsung like the edge screem won't make Samsung fans switch.

tecno should just be unique, by the way 4 gig ram is waste 2 gigt to 3gig ram is okay.

now, when talking Snapdragon chipset you nevee stated whether its the 800 series or the lower 600 series. or you want to slam these your supposed 'flagship specs' on a 600 series phone and price it over 200k? okay.

one thing fans of tecno andsome other folks don't is camera megapixels don't determine the quality of photo taken... they can aswell hit it with 80 megapixela and a sammy/iphone deviceo of 16 mp would still murder it.

finally, if tecno wants to know how to price such device, they should study xiaomi, xiaomi has a lot of devices with similar specs at very good/affordable prices.

MizMyColi
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
nurey:

1. I don't need a curved screen just a normal screen 5.5 or 6.0 is OK for me

2. Ok

3. Nothing less than 2gig ram is ok

4. Any processor is OK, nah the speed I care about nothing less than 1.4ghz

5. I don't think I want to use any other chipset considering what I went through with all this Chico phones with mediatek

6. I am OK with 3000 what am concerned about is how the processor zaps power.

7. Am not a camera person, I don't even snap pix for months. 13mp is OK. Mp has little to do with picture quality.

8. Amoled it is, coming from Samsung and Nokia, I can tell.

9. If it's as strong as sonys own which doesn't Crack easily and as functional as Samsung which cracks but still function well.

10. Radio, I. R, fm transmitter, WiFi, BT, 4G LTE, led indicator light, physical keys not touch, must be double Sim, must be from a reliable manufacturer.

I don't mind paying 100 to 120k for it if the name tagged on it is from a reliable and common manufacturer. If it's those I regard as chinko I may be sceptical about buying, I don't trust those guys with their lie lie specs.

If these qualities are found in other brands, it will be Wayy more expensive. My take
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
henryobinna:
I believe this is a survey sponsored by tecno... not bad though.
but copying features on Samsung like the edge screem won't make Samsung fans switch.

tecno should just be unique, by the way 4 gig ram is waste 2 gigt to 3gig ram is okay.

now, when talking Snapdragon chipset you nevee stated whether its the 800 series or the lower 600 series. or you want to slam these your supposed 'flagship specs' on a 600 series phone and price it over 200k? okay.

one thing fans of tecno andsome other folks don't is camera megapixels don't determine the quality of photo taken... they can aswell hit it with 80 megapixela and a sammy/iphone deviceo of 16 mp would still murder it.

finally, if tecno wants to know how to price such device, they should study xiaomi, xiaomi has a lot of devices with similar specs at very good/affordable prices.

MizMyColi
Did you read the part where I mentioned that nobody from Tecno sent me?

How am I supposed to address your post now?
You kon dey talk to Tecno like say Na them ask you...

Sony first came out with water proof device, then Samsung copied, so did iPhone....has Sony complained of low sales? No.

It's all about innovation.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by nurey(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

If these qualities are found in other brands, it will be Wayy more expensive. My take

You are right though that's why I skipped some functions. I have always used premium Nokia phones because they were innovative and I used every damn functions. Not all the crap androids they bring out now that are d.ick measuring device rather than buying for function.

I bought my first super smart phone Motorola
A1000 because it was innovative for game enthusiasts

I bought my Nokia N97 for its Innovative qwerty keyboard, fm transmitter.

I bought my Nokia E63 because of the qwerty keys it had since I didn't like blackberry then. During its time was when qwerty keyboard rained.

I also bought my note 10.1 for the screen size and Infrared remote. Chai I miss that Samsung die.

I don't like the iris scanner nor the finger print scanner in fact I had to pick my new laptop without that package virtually Nigerians don't use it. The stylus on phones too are 90% of the time useless, 4gig ram and above is blowing things way out of proportion.

Its all this reason you won't see me near SGS S7, gionee M6 or tecno phantom 6 but I could probably do them after 2yrs.hehehe

I won't pay mega bucks just to show people I am bucksed up, I will rather by gadgets to use their functions
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by MizMyColi(f): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
nurey:

You are right though that's why I skipped some functions. I have always used premium Nokia phones because they were innovative and I used every damn functions. Not all the crap androids they bring out now that are d.ick measuring device rather than buying for function.

I bought my first super smart phone Motorola
A1000 because it was innovative for game enthusiasts

I bought my Nokia N97 for its Innovative qwerty keyboard, fm transmitter.

I bought my Nokia E63 because of the qwerty keys it had since I didn't like blackberry then. During its time was when qwerty keyboard rained.

I also bought my note 10.1 for the screen size and Infrared remote. Chai I miss that Samsung die.

I don't like the iris scanner nor the finger print scanner in fact I had to pick my new laptop without that package virtually Nigerians don't use it. The stylus on phones too are 90% of the time useless, 4gig ram and above is blowing things way out of proportion.

Its all this reason you won't see me near SGS S7, gionee M6 or tecno phantom 6 but I could probably do them after 2yrs.hehehe

I won't pay mega bucks just to show people I am bucksed up, I will rather by gadgets to use their functions

Well sha me the only thing I like about Microsoft is their windows OS and their torchlight phones.

Maybe if I am boxed up enough to buy the kind of Apple laptop I desire, I will ditch Windows.

But then, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, don't they?
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by excanny: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
The specs are nice. So I will say on a good day, if dollar behave itself, 70k from me.
Re: Survey: How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay For This Hypothetical Device by nurey(m): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
MizMyColi:

Well sha me the only thing I like about Microsoft is their windows OS and their torchlight phones.

Maybe if I am boxed up enough to buy the kind of Apple laptop I desire, I will ditch Windows.

But then, they all have their advantages and disadvantages, don't they?

Yes they do. I guess I can't categorically fault the manufacturers when they add too much icing sugar to the cake , those of us who don't need it can do chocolate cake. Hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free: 9mobile 100% Double Data Bonus Offer 2018, See Code / 9mobile Pocket Friendly Data Plans: Get 7GB For 1500, 15GB For N5000 / Airtel Tweak For 24clan VPN Lite / Ec Tunnel VPN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.