Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

How Can I Tell If A PC Processor Is Any Good? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Tell If A PC Processor Is Any Good? (448 Views)

Which Of This Processor Is Better? / How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / 5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Tell If A PC Processor Is Any Good? by johnson74: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2017
I had no idea the Core i3-6100 you mentioned last week is faster than some of the slower i5 chips. Is there any chance of you writing an article that focuses on processors? I appreciate that PCs are more than just processors, but I would find it useful. 75drayton

It’s worse than that. There have been cheap Intel Pentium chips that were faster than Core i7’s! Intel uses BMW-style branding, where the Core i3, i5 and i7 are marketed as good/better/best. This is usually a fair reflection of current performance per watt of power used, but it doesn’t tell you the raw performance.

You also have to look beyond the branding, because today’s processors chips are different from last year’s. Intel usually brings out a new generation of processors every 12-18 months, and the Core range is now in its...

READ MORE:HERE

Re: How Can I Tell If A PC Processor Is Any Good? by jayauthentic(m): 12:58am On Jan 23, 2017
Yes, they could be faster but they cannot override the i series so forget about clock speed if PERFORMANCE is what you are after.

My archaic core i3 (2310m) clocked at 2.1Ghz with two cores and four threads performed far better than me friend's Intel Pentium clocked at 2.3Ghz (these new Pentium chips with HD graphics). They guy could not run so many games like PES 2016 and Hitman Absolution, etc.... These games worked smoothly on my core i3.

The i series from Intel is their flagship chip for consumers so they remain the best. Even with me ULV i series (new i series used in thinner Pcs which consumes less power than the main stream i series and therefore performs lower) with TDP of 15watts are a force to recon with.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Q5 With Strong Battery And Playstore / Tecno Camon C9 Photos, Specs And Price In Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy S8 Price Specification Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.