Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please (1501 Views)

She Opened Up Instead Of Me,i Need An Advice Please / Married Ladies I Need Your Advice Please / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by fragilebeing: 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,

I am currently living in a one room apartment with wify and our son in Abuja.

I spend more than my monthly salary going to and from work.

I do online/digital marketing, web development, I sell bulk sms, I do mass Emailing and I am about to start my environmental consulting firm.

Problem is; I have N500,000 and I want to rent a more decent apartment. But the cost of a two bedroom apartment here in Abj is N300,000 and above as opposed to 180-230k in Lokoja.

I want to rent an apartment and the same time rent a shop for wify as she's got the following skills:

- Fashion Designing
- Hair braiding, fixing and all
- Cake baking
- Make up
- Finger and toe nail fixing
- Soap making etc

This money won't be enough to get us the apartment and rent a shop here in Abj... But people are saying there lots of opportunities here in Abj than Lokoja.
But the cost of living here too is higher.

I shall be grateful for good advices.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by darkenkach(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Why not move to outskit of the city?
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by fragilebeing: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
darkenkach:
Why not move to outskit of the city?

Yes, but the outskirt of the city, considering their features are just like the state capital.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by darkenkach(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
fragilebeing:

Yes, but the outskirt of the city, considering their features are just like the state capital.

What features are you talking about?
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by DonGalilo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
I think it's more logical to remain in that one room apartment for now since u have been there for some years I guess, than to be in a hurry to upgrade your standard of living Just to please people around you, unless you've become seriously uncomfortable in that apartment.
I think you should concentrate more on how to invest the money saved to you and your wife's business and nurture it for sometimes before thinking of renting new apartment because by now your business would have gathered a firm base to stand the test of time. Therefore, relocating to Lokoja is not the best option.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by boldx(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
You can move to Dei-dei. I heard there are very good estates there. And you can get a good 2 bedroom flat for N300,000. That is if your wife concentrates on her business and has a shop around there. Your case will be settled then.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
can't advise you to move to lokoja. infact people living in lokoja move to abj in search of greener pastures.

Don't leave your present apartment yet.

Get your priorities straight and get a shop for your wife first then use the remaining for whatever you can invest in.

if your businesses go well, you can get twice that money back in months to rent another apartment.

I repeat, as a business man, you will regret it if you move to lokoja.

cc Acidosis

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by fragilebeing: 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
DonGalilo:
I think it's more logical to remain in that one room apartment for now since u have been there for some years I guess, than to be in a hurry to upgrade your standard of living Just to please people around you, unless you've become seriously uncomfortable in that apartment.
I think you should concentrate more on how to invest the money saved to you and your wife's business and nurture it for sometimes before thinking of renting new apartment because by now your business would have gathered a firm base to stand the test of time. Therefore, relocating to Lokoja is not the best option.

No sir, it is not all about pleasing people around me.
I want a decent and affordable environment where I can train my son and get a spacious shop.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by DonGalilo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=fragilebeing post=53071665]

No sir, it is not all about pleasing people around me.
I want a decent and affordable environment where I can train my son and get a spacious shop. [Alright, you have a point there. Good luck.]
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by Acidosis(m): 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
I think you should stay in Abuja.

Get a decent apartment, start your business from the comfort of your house as online businesses can be done at any location. Staying in Abuja would give you a leverage for more/or better jobs.

Running your business, and raising a family all in one room is a NO! So ensure you rent a strategically situated apartment.

Meanwhile, I don't think it is wise to spend all that on rent (home and your wife's shop) at the same time. Majority of Nigerians who open shops without proper planning close their doors eventually after a year or two.

You both can do something from the apartment. She can assist you on your job until you're able to raise a separate cash for that purpose.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by fragilebeing: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Acidosis:
I think you should stay in Abuja.

Get a decent apartment, start your business from the comfort of your house as online businesses can be done at any location. Staying in Abuja would give you a leverage for more/or better jobs.

Running your business, and raising a family all in one room is a NO! So ensure you rent a strategically situated apartment.

Meanwhile, I don't think it is wise to spend all that on rent (home and your wife's shop) at the same time. Majority of Nigerians who open shops without proper planning close their doors eventually after a year or two.

You both can do something from the apartment. She can assist you on your job until you're able to raise a separate cash for that purpose.

Hmm... was thinking maybe since it's 2hours drive Lokoja to Abuja. I might still be able to do that.
Re: Abuja Or Lokoja: I Need Advice Please by BabaTibeze: 1:58am On Feb 01, 2018
fragilebeing:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am currently living in a one room apartment with wify and our son in Abuja.

I spend more than my monthly salary going to and from work.

I do online/digital marketing, web development, I sell bulk sms, I do mass Emailing and I am about to start my environmental consulting firm.

Problem is; I have N500,000 and I want to rent a more decent apartment. But the cost of a two bedroom apartment here in Abj is N300,000 and above as opposed to 180-230k in Lokoja.

I want to rent an apartment and the same time rent a shop for wify as she's got the following skills:

- Fashion Designing
- Hair braiding, fixing and all
- Cake baking
- Make up
- Finger and toe nail fixing
- Soap making etc

This money won't be enough to get us the apartment and rent a shop here in Abj... But people are saying there lots of opportunities here in Abj than Lokoja.
But the cost of living here too is higher.

I shall be grateful for good advices.
ù

Hope you've sorted the accommodation out? About your consulting firm lets discuss

(1) (Reply)

Meet Lina Medina,– A Peruvian Woman Who Gave Birth To A Boy At The Age Of 5. / Wouldn't You Rather Wear Rubber Slides This Rainy Season?pls, Check-in. / Why Wives Divorce Their Husbands After 2-3 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.